AVS Forum banner

9741 - 9760 of 16053 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do I have to connect the PS4 Pro directly to the C9 for it to activate GAME mode automatically? Currently my PS4 is going through the receiver.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do I have to connect the PS4 Pro directly to the C9 for it to activate GAME mode automatically? Currently my PS4 is going through the receiver.
The Ps4 doesn't haven't allm (auto low latency mode). So it won't activate automatically no matter how you hook it up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
not sure if i should post this here or on another forum. has anyone on here got their LG Magic Remote to work with the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K? Everything I have connected to LG's HDMI inputs work with the magic remote except the stick. i tried several things and even called LG but of course they were no help.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Oh that sucks :(
Hopefully the PS5 does, thanks for a quick response!
You can still just change the Picture Settings to Game Mode to get the lowest latency of 13ms with it. And then change the picture settings back when you change the input to something else on your receiver.
ALLM works best with PC and the lowest you can get is 6ms when playing a game at 1440p 120Hz (until a HDMI 2.1 GPU comes out that allows 4K 120Hz, then 6ms on 4K will be possible too).

The misconception is that the XBOX One X can achieve 6ms when playing at 1440p 120Hz with ALLM. But, the game itself must pump out 120fps in order to achieve that. But with VRR, and depending on the fps, the latency can vary as the fps goes up and down. Are there even any games on console that can run at a full 120Hz at 1440p? Doubt so. So again, Xbox One X will run somewhere closer to 13ms as well.

You are not losing out on the PS4. Indeed, just wait for the PS5.

·
Vendor
26,645 Posts
How long do you have to wait to receive your C9? I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to calibrate your model this soon. Especially on OLED.
Some places will run the tv for a couple hundred hours and then calibrate after before sending it to the customer
Still better off doing calibration in your home even if someone put 200 hours on it as the calibrator will look at your lighting in the house and your other gear you are using in your set up. Not to mention it is cheaper I believe.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.

My xbox one doesn't power on tv when xbox is turned on (appropriate settings are set). xbox automatically detected remote code T2731 for this tv.

Does this code work for anyone for such purpose or is there a better one that works with C9?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
How long do you have to wait to receive your C9? I personally don’t think it’s a good idea to calibrate your model this soon. Especially on OLED.

I assume the only reason you are saying this is because you would be wasting your money if you calibrated at under 250 hours and the panel could have some small variances as it ages and to do it right should be recalibrated again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I assume the only reason you are saying this is because you would be wasting your money if you calibrated at under 250 hours and the panel could have some small variances as it ages and to do it right should be recalibrated again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Correct.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
You are not losing out on the PS4. Indeed, just wait for the PS5.
How about the PS4 Pro, does that support ALLM either?

Way bigger than that. MASSIVE, ENORMOUS variances during the first 250 hours. Constantly changing. Complete and UTTER waste of time doing it sooner.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Really wanting to pull the trigger on the 65 C9 but have the burn in concerns.
I'm looking for someone who watches a lot of sports, I'll watch movies to.

So the average game , Football, Baseball, Hockey, lasts about three hours. With all the info that's on the screen in that time
and you watch it almost every day year after year, but you vary your content in between how worried should I be with burn-in?
So like for football on a Sunday that's about 9 hours in a day every Sunday for 16 weeks. Baseball has 162 games and here in St. Louis FSMW has this god awful static
box in the upper right hand corner. It says Fox Sports Cardinals, or if I'm watching the Blues that what it says. I have Panny plasma now and that box is burned in.
So is it likely to happen on the C9 ?
Anybody care to give an opinion?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It isn't very common in the US. I am very happy they offer the service. Since I live a long ways from any major cities, it is the only option I had for getting a calibrated tv. There are some calibrators in some of the major cities. There are also a couple calibrators who travel around, but they don't come to anywhere near me.

You might want to try contacting Vincent Teoh. He is based in the UK and he does do some traveling. He may well go to the Netherlands on occasion. I have no idea how much he charges, but he is very well respected. Everyone in these forums would be happy to have a tv calibrated by him.
With the C9 why not get Calman Home and a i1 meter and do it yourself?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Anybody care to give an opinion?
Sure. But, this is not gospel...

With your stated viewing pattern you are probably more likely to get IR and eventually, burn in. OTOH, if you don't run your panel in "torch mode", you may not get burn in.

It's a re-run of plasma, all over again. Keep a logo on your screen for long periods of time, over extended periods of time and you probably are much more susceptible to get burin-in, more so than those who watch varied content all the time.

I had a Kuro for over 10 years... ZERO burn-in. I never worried about it, either. I now have a C9 and I am not concerned about burin-in.

But... I watch varied content, that sometimes includes a full Sunday of football, occasionally watching CNN, and letting the kiddies play games.

YMMV

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
552 Posts
I did consider it, quite a bit. If I bought a new tv every 2-3 years, I would have gone that route. But, I buy a new tv every 5-7 years, so it isn't cost effective for me to buy a mediocre meter and spend the time to figure out how to use it properly. Jrref has better equipment and obviously did a better job of calibrating it than I ever would. If Jrref had not been an option, I certainly would have done a self calibration. Alternatively, I could try to entice D-Nice (or someone else) to go out of his way to visit me (I do have guest rooms with an amazing view of the Rockies!)

Plus, Calman Home was just coming out and there weren't any walkthroughs for it yet.

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
522 Posts
- and select your selection of images, optional music or silence, etc.

:)

How do you turn the music off, it drives me crazy. Is there a way to set one of the pre-installed gallery images instead of my "no signal"?

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
How do you turn the music off, it drives me crazy.
Question about the Gallery app - yes, press the thumbwheel to show the menu options, and move along the options to the bottom right of the screen.

Is there a way to set one of the pre-installed gallery images instead of my "no signal"?
Question about the No Signal screen, and now we are right back to the start and the first question from the other day! :eek: No there isn't. And even if you could set one image, that wouldn't save the screen at all :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone

I’m going to buy a LG 77C9.

I wondering if some of you have bought a 77C9 ? Are you happy with it?

Have you some isssue (banding, DSE, tint...)

No burn?

Thank you 🙂

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
How much is it?
In US meter is $249 and software is $145 and the KG has built in pattern generator. I use D-Nice otherwise I would have bought the LG C9 and done it myself. I believe jjref stated it dies a good job and if you can't get a pro it sounds like next best thing.

9741 - 9760 of 16053 Posts