AVS Forum banner

9841 - 9860 of 16055 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Interesting; where did you find the info? In that case it may be worth power-cycling the TV every 4hrs or so when I go beyond 4hrs usage in a day (in order to engage a pixel-refresh-cycle) -- really trying to baby this thing as much as I can.
It's been that way since forever. I've had an oled e9500 e6p c8 and now c9 and I've done the same routine with all of them just watching tv varying the content I watch and I havent had issues. No matter if u watch it for 12 hours straight itll still do the normal 7 minute cleaning process

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's been that way since forever. I've had an oled e9500 e6p c8 and now c9 and I've done the same routine with all of them just watching tv varying the content I watch and I havent had issues. No matter if u watch it for 12 hours straight itll still do the normal 7 minute cleaning process

Ok cool good to know. It does still need to be turned on for 4-hours in order to engage though, correct? What happens if the display is only on for 2 hours, for example?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ok cool good to know. It does still need to be turned on for 4-hours in order to engage though, correct? What happens if the display is only on for 2 hours, for example?
If u have it on for 2 hours and go to sleep and turn the tv on the next day then after u accumulate another 2 hours itll do the process. It basically picks up wherever u left off if u dont use it for the full 4 hours straight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my 77 inch today. Absolutely amazing TV.

I do have a question for anyone who owns one, or any C9 user in general.

The screen seems to lean back a bit. I can kind of push it forward to be straight, and when I let it go, it leans back again . Maybe just a couple degrees. Bu I am wondering if this is normal because it does seem a little sketch. I do understand the screen is huge too and its only being held by 4 screws at the bottom.

Just wondering if others experience this as well!

So it seems loosening the screws allows the tv to become straighter, although I obviously dont want to leave them looser at all. I guess I will just have to shim the stand from behind? Should I not even mess with it? It just looks and seems weird to me.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got my 77 inch today. Absolutely amazing TV.

I do have a question for anyone who owns one, or any C9 user in general.

The screen seems to lean back a bit. I can kind of push it forward to be straight, and when I let it go, it leans back again . Maybe just a couple degrees. Bu I am wondering if this is normal because it does seem a little sketch. I do understand the screen is huge too and its only being held by 4 screws at the bottom.

Just wondering if others experience this as well!

So it seems loosening the screws allows the tv to become straighter, although I obviously dont want to leave them looser at all. I guess I will just have to shim the stand from behind? Should I not even mess with it? It just looks and seems weird to me.

It's normal, designed that way to help prevent tipping accidents. Others who were also bothered by it used shims as you alluded to; use at your own risk of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's normal, designed that way to help prevent tipping accidents. Others who were also bothered by it used shims as you alluded to; use at your own risk of course.
Good to know. I dont think I will shim it as it doesnt affect viewing at all obviously since its an oled. I think because my brain knows its leaning back, its bothering me. But Ill forget about it in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I just picked up a c9 and loving it so far. Anyone having issues with their denon receiver not turning on automatically when turning on their tv? Mine sometimes turns on my denon x3500h and sometimes doesn’t.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Good to know. I dont think I will shim it as it doesnt affect viewing at all obviously since its an oled. I think because my brain knows its leaning back, its bothering me. But Ill forget about it in a couple weeks.
I set my 77C9 up on Friday...….you described it perfectly. Mine is exactly as you described, and is also on a stand right now and is the North American model with the small stand as I am in Canada.

The NA model stand is only 28" wide so does not need a super wide stand. Someone had posted that the stand was 46 or 47" wide, but that was likely a European model. The NA model stand is only 6" high at its highest point and of course the tv is much taller. I was surprised at the slight tilt and I was not happy to see that. I thought it was just a physical and design factor...….that the tv is so much taller than the stand that it would naturally lean back a bit. I have since thought this may be true and it is also possible that the vertical (6") portion of the stand is not vertical, but may lean back at an angle. I am not sure about this and would have to take the tv off to check and I will not be doing that.

This angle is not noticeable in my LR and I also had thought of a rear shim. The tv I got seems perfect so far. The Vizio P75-X1 that I had was awesome accept for visible lines running down the screen during certain scenes due to the visible lighting system/jail bars (34:40 into Aquaman when the camera is panning around on the cliff was terrible). I have no discolorations or uneven/bars during any programing so far and the motion is perfect as far as I can tell. The sound on this tv is excellent too...….So far so good. My Panasonic 65ST60 is still in my LR so I have compared them side by side. The LG is very reflective and so is the Panny. In the daytime with some light in the room there is lot of reflection on the LG but I can still see the picture and it looks good. The Panasonic picture is impossible to view in this room in the daytime...reflection, but the picture is not very watchable at all...….looks terrible and washed out, hard to see anything.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello All,
Any body can suggest good full motion wall mount for LG65C9PUA model. I am thinking about Omini SC120FMX,But LG recommending this model EZ OLW480B, which one is best?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did Costco change their tv warranty? I swear they used to cover TVs purchased from an authorized retailer as well?

"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade protection plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse or Costco.com.

TV and protection plan must be purchased within 90 days of purchasing the TV in a Costco warehouse or from Costco.com."
I was worried too. I went in store and bought there. The documentation in store clearly states it covers TVs bought at other authorized retailers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can anyone confirm a soundbar that 100% works with the C9 - IE no AV SYNC issues. I can't take the sound being off anymore after trying everything. Its not off by much, but even one tenth is too much for me. Doesn't matter what source (xbox one X, built in apps, switch) or what settings (I've exhausted all options), as well as HDMI/Optical. I want a soundbar I can just plug in, set ARC/eARC and be done. I don't even care about Dolby/DTS/Surround, I am perfectly happy with Stereo as long as it is in sync :). Currently have a Samsung HW-ms750 which I love but even in PCM and bypass audio doesn't line up.

Not interested in receivers, just sound bars. I don't have the space for a true HT setup unfortunately.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I set my 77C9 up on Friday...….you described it perfectly. Mine is exactly as you described, and is also on a stand right now and is the North American model with the small stand as I am in Canada.

The NA model stand is only 28" wide so does not need a super wide stand. Someone had posted that the stand was 46 or 47" wide, but that was likely a European model. The NA model stand is only 6" high at its highest point and of course the tv is much taller. I was surprised at the slight tilt and I was not happy to see that. I thought it was just a physical and design factor...….that the tv is so much taller than the stand that it would naturally lean back a bit. I have since thought this may be true and it is also possible that the vertical (6") portion of the stand is not vertical, but may lean back at an angle. I am not sure about this and would have to take the tv off to check and I will not be doing that.

This angle is not noticeable in my LR and I also had thought of a rear shim. The tv I got seems perfect so far. The Vizio P75-X1 that I had was awesome accept for visible lines running down the screen during certain scenes due to the visible lighting system/jail bars (34:40 into Aquaman when the camera is panning around on the cliff was terrible). I have no discolorations or uneven/bars during any programing so far and the motion is perfect as far as I can tell. The sound on this tv is excellent too...….So far so good. My Panasonic 65ST60 is still in my LR so I have compared them side by side. The LG is very reflective and so is the Panny. In the daytime with some light in the room there is lot of reflection on the LG but I can still see the picture and it looks good. The Panasonic picture is impossible to view in this room in the daytime...reflection, but the picture is not very watchable at all...….looks terrible and washed out, hard to see anything.
Yes I just recieved my 77C9P yesterday and I noticed the stand was smaller than advertised & I also noticed the power on button was behind the screen & not underneath the front bezel.

·
Registered
788 Posts
You really shouldn’t make up numbers like that. I got 2500 hours on my set. Half of those are Fortnite. I see no signs of burned-in HUDs or health bars.

The TV is pretty good at avoiding burn-in. A lot better than people give it credit for. This burn-in fear is overblown and most of the reports I see online are from the early OLED models like around 2016 with users running their sets on torch mode.

I don’t think it’s the greens you have to worry about burning in. It is the reds that have the most devastating effect. Hence no burn in from fortnight. The onboard YouTube app however there’s a recipe for burn in. The red YouTube logo and the yellow select button were the culprits on my B7.....twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Can anyone confirm a soundbar that 100% works with the C9 - IE no AV SYNC issues. I can't take the sound being off anymore after trying everything. Its not off by much, but even one tenth is too much for me. Doesn't matter what source (xbox one X, built in apps, switch) or what settings (I've exhausted all options), as well as HDMI/Optical. I want a soundbar I can just plug in, set ARC/eARC and be done. I don't even care about Dolby/DTS/Surround, I am perfectly happy with Stereo as long as it is in sync :). Currently have a Samsung HW-ms750 which I love but even in PCM and bypass audio doesn't line up.

Not interested in receivers, just sound bars. I don't have the space for a true HT setup unfortunately.
Have you tried just setting the audio to PCM? You'll only get stereo but wondering if the sync issues are gone then?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
26,665 Posts
I really have trouble with the C9. I really didn’t have problems with my C7. But since the C9 the screen reflection annoys me. I try not to notice it but now i am looking at it while having breakfast. Damn that thing is like a mirror. Yesterday i saw a philips oled in the shop next to an lg. Difference in reflection was night and day. The whites on the philips where really bad but the screen was more comfortable too look at. Damn you lg.
Your C7 was better for sure?
Why isn’t there a proper anti reflection coating on this thing.
The less reflective it ias, usually the more muffled the picture behind it is. I used to be in the picture frame business, they have anti-glare glass that has zero reflection, problem, picture looks real muffled behind the glass.......

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was worried too. I went in store and bought there. The documentation in store clearly states it covers TVs bought at other authorized retailers.
I got conflicting stories last week when i checked into the exact same thing. I contacted a Costco CSR through chat. She indicated that the SquareTrade Warranty DOES cover TV's purchased at authorized dealers. I then called Costco and spoke w/ a CSR that indicated the SquareTrade Warranty is only for TV's purchased at Costco or Costco.com.

I'm confused.......:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I got conflicting stories last week when i checked into the exact same thing. I contacted a Costco CSR through chat. She indicated that the SquareTrade Warranty DOES cover TV's purchased at authorized dealers. I then called Costco and spoke w/ a CSR that indicated the SquareTrade Warranty is only for TV's purchased at Costco or Costco.com.

I'm confused.......:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
I bought a warranty from the dealer for my C9 because I thought the Square Trade warranty with Costco would be too complicated to deal with in case I ever needed to submit a claim. This issue is another instance of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I'm confused......./forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
I'll post pictures when I get home, I've saved it just in case.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Have you tried just setting the audio to PCM? You'll only get stereo but wondering if the sync issues are gone then?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Have you gone into the tv audio settings and set the Arc/earc audio to pass through

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch

9841 - 9860 of 16055 Posts