AVS Forum banner

14881 - 14900 of 16007 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
The B9 in Europe is getting the 4.80.02 today.
This is the thread about the C9-E9 models ;)
v04.80.02 for the B9 is already publicly available on both the E.U. and U.S. support websites.

It is the first time I have seen the B9 get an update before the C9/E9
(v04.80.02 of the B9 corresponds to the v04.80.03 of the C9/E9)

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Any cats meet their demise? :rolleyes:

Seriously, though: thanks for taking on this problem to completion!
No cats were harmed in the installation of this firmware. :p This is a release firmware so no worries of locking yourself out of future versions, although this might be the final firmware.

Will this firmware work for these TVs in the US?
It's the ATSC version so it should. I don't believe there are any differences between the Canadian and US TVs.

But to be sure, grab the previous firmware for your model and see if the filename for the epk has starfish-atsc-secured-o18 in it. I believe the TV won't let you install firmware not meant for it anyways.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
HBO app support...

Somebody who knows somebody at ATT/HBO and LG needs to poke them to develop a native app for HBO MAX. I read somewhere that the LG WebOS is based on the old Palm OS, and that’s why there’s not as many useful apps available?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Does one need eARC for this or will it also work on the normal ARC? I have the C9 and a Marantz 7011.
ARC is limited to LPCM Stereo. But some people are using the Sharc eARC extractor to feed the audio into a regular HDMI input on their AVR.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ARC is limited to LPCM Stereo. But some people are using the Sharc eARC extractor to feed the audio into a regular HDMI input on their AVR.

Thanks! I will look into it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ARC can handle DD+, and the lossy Atmos that the streaming apps use. I'm using a non eARC receiver, VSX-933, and getting Atmos from Netflix in my B9.

Enviado do meu Mi 9T através do Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
305 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Sorry, I was just talking about the LPCM limitation there. Yes, ARC can do DD+ and DTS as well.
Enjoy DTS whilst it lasts, since 2020 and later LG models don't have it, nor do any Samsungs for the last several years. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
14881 - 14900 of 16007 Posts