AVS Forum banner

14921 - 14940 of 16040 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guy can I get some help please. I’ve had my C9 for a couple of days now and I’ve have noticed I have a yellow that runs along the bottom of the screen. It’s about and inch in higher. Its very noticeable on a100% white screen and can kind of see it when I’m watching tv with a white background. Is this normal??? Should I get an exchange? I have attached a picture but for some reason it doesn’t really show in the picture?

·
Registered
141 Posts
^^^

I don't see any yellow line(s) looks fine to me but i'm at work using a Planar monitor so maybe its not picking it up. Someone else will have to confirm.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ok.. would you see what I have going on is within expectations?
Without seeing and feeling what you are specifically experiencing it's hard to say if what you have is "normal" or not.

I just got my 77" C9 a few days ago and also mounted on the stand. By the way, is the brushed metal look of the stand not gorgeous? I love the way mine looks.

Anyhow, when installing you are connecting to the back of the TV with what I consider small screws. When unpacking I saw those and initially dismissed as the correct screws for the stand. When I found no others I decided to try and was surprised to learn they were indeed for the stand.

You can develop strength several ways when making attachments. Generally speaking, a larger diameter bolt and additional embedment (depth into solid/secure structure) will increase the pull out strength. Making the attachment plate out of stronger materials and/or increasing the plate size and/or adding more bolts to decrease distance between bolts can also impact strength and stability.

Because of my concern with screw size and attachment method, I expected it to have a little wobble when I got it stood up on the stand. And it does have more wobble than I like but nothing that I feel is on the verge of failure.

In comparison to the 80" Sharp it replaced, the 77" C9 has more wobble than it. Of course the Sharp is thicker, has bigger screws and a larger attachment point for the stand. While the 80" has less wobble, it still has some. Definitely not as wobble free as the smaller 55" screens elsewhere in our house.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Broken image...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ya gotta click on it a couple times and then it comes up. At least it did for me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Guy can I get some help please. I’ve had my C9 for a couple of days now and I’ve have noticed I have a yellow that runs along the bottom of the screen. It’s about and inch in higher. Its very noticeable on a100% white screen and can kind of see it when I’m watching tv with a white background. Is this normal??? Should I get an exchange? I have attached a picture but for some reason it doesn’t really show in the picture?
I copied the image to an image program so I could zoom in better; on my laptop's screen, I can't see any yellow on any edge of regardless of how closely I look. Doesn't mean it's not there in person, but either it's not reproducing on my screen or the camera didn't pick it up.

·
Vendor
26,619 Posts
Just got my C9 and got it assembled... Is it normal that it wobbles pretty easily on the stand? Not side to side but front to back?
You could shim the front of the stand a little, so if it decided to wabble to much it would be back to the wall instead of forward to the floor.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
How common is vertical banding and near gray uniformity on these sets.... I took pictures of 5% 10% and 20% and I can often see the dark band to the left edge of screen in the xbox menu, but I have not noticed the other uniformity issues elseware yet. Should I try a manual pixel refresh to see if it solves the issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
[/quote]
I copied the image to an image program so I could zoom in better; on my laptop's screen, I can't see any yellow on any edge of regardless of how closely I look. Doesn't mean it's not there in person, but either it's not reproducing on my screen or the camera didn't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It’s strange as I can pick it up in the photos either? It’s deco there. A faint yellow tint all along the bottom of the screen. I’m thinking I should maybe get it exchanged.

On a separate note does anyone know how to get a brighter image? I’m using isf bright room, tried standard and it’s brighter but images just look wrong. When I play those for “4K utube show off you oled videos” they just look dim and and not colourful in the least. I used auto for colour as opposed to wide. Colours look a little washed out on auto but to saturated on wide.

Isf bright room

Oled light 80
Contrast 84
Brightness 53
Colour 50

Contrast enhancer and stuff off sometimes on low

Peak brightness setting at low/medium

All eco stuff off

Just seem to be quite dim

Anyone any suggestions on both topics?

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
^^^

I don't see any yellow line(s) looks fine to me but i'm at work using a Planar monitor so maybe its not picking it up. Someone else will have to confirm.
I don't see any yellow line either.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I copied the image to an image program so I could zoom in better; on my laptop's screen, I can't see any yellow on any edge of regardless of how closely I look. Doesn't mean it's not there in person, but either it's not reproducing on my screen or the camera didn't pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It’s strange as I can pick it up in the photos either? It’s deco there. A faint yellow tint all along the bottom of the screen. I’m thinking I should maybe get it exchanged.

On a separate note does anyone know how to get a brighter image? I’m using isf bright room, tried standard and it’s brighter but images just look wrong. When I play those for “4K utube show off you oled videos” they just look dim and and not colourful in the least. I used auto for colour as opposed to wide. Colours look a little washed out on auto but to saturated on wide.

Isf bright room

Oled light 80
Contrast 84
Brightness 53
Colour 50

Contrast enhancer and stuff off sometimes on low

Peak brightness setting at low/medium

All eco stuff off

Just seem to be quite dim

Anyone any suggestions on both topics?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your eyes are not playing some tricks on you? I'm sure you've been at this TV for hours on end messing with the settings. I say that all in good tone. Call LG support about the yellow line. That would be my first priority or do a factory reset of the TV and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
[/QUOTE]Are you sure your eyes are not playing some tricks on you? I'm sure you've been at this TV for hours on end messing with the settings. I say that all in good tone. Call LG support about the yellow line. That would be my first priority or do a factory reset of the TV and see if it goes away.[/QUOTE]

I’ve done a factory reset. It’s doesn’t seem too bad, just isn’t perfect. It’s not massive and I’m not sure why my camera isn’t picking it up? Maybe because its quite faint? I was just wondering if it’s normal to get a bit of tint on a new OLED. Please excuse my ignorance, I’ve never had an OLED before and I’m just looking for a bit of guidance from you more experienced guys. Would anyone be kind enough to maybe help me with few of the basic settings? I’m just trying to get the best picture I can. I’ve tried using my spears and munsil disc but the picture just doesn’t look quite right? I see there are a lot of settings in advanced and picture options too. A lot of articles are saying to start with ISF dark but i don’t get why as it’s soooo dark. I’m currently using ISF Bright. Any help or guidance would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is a release firmware so no worries of locking yourself out of future versions, although this might be the final firmware.
We still have some features to be added, so let's hope that is not the last firmware... /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
- support for HDCP 2.3;
- support for Dolby Atmos in Apple TV/Airplay WebOS app;
Can you check in the hidden Host Diagnostics menu the level of the HDCP?

I am planning on purchasing a C9 and I'm wondering if people think the built-in apps (common ones like Netflix, D+, Prime, Youtube, etc.) are sufficient, or do people prefer to utilize a Roku/AppleTV and reasons why they went that route (ie Roku doesn't support DolbyVision but the native apps do, etc.)
Please be aware that for various reasons, the streaming apps have only 5-6 years of life before the app provider/developer abandons old versions of apps, OSs, or weak hardware implementations - god knows how many years of useful life WebOS 4.x will get...
In that light, an external streaming box can easily be upgraded if it becomes obsolete.
My PS4 shows HDCP 2.3. I installed the latest firmware.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I’ve done a factory reset. It’s doesn’t seem too bad, just isn’t perfect. It’s not massive and I’m not sure why my camera isn’t picking it up? Maybe because its quite faint? I was just wondering if it’s normal to get a bit of tint on a new OLED. Please excuse my ignorance, I’ve never had an OLED before and I’m just looking for a bit of guidance from you more experienced guys. Would anyone be kind enough to maybe help me with few of the basic settings? I’m just trying to get the best picture I can. I’ve tried using my spears and munsil disc but the picture just doesn’t look quite right? I see there are a lot of settings in advanced and picture options too. A lot of articles are saying to start with ISF dark but i don’t get why as it’s soooo dark. I’m currently using ISF Bright. Any help or guidance would really be appreciated.

My C9 is in our living room with average light but no windows facing the screen, just diffuse ambient light. I used my Spears and Munsil 4K disc and am super happy with the following settings. I use a single setting which favors night time viewing over day time viewing:

SDR:

ISF Expert Bright Room
OLED Light 80
Contrast 87 (any higher and I clip red and blue)
Brightness 50 (I was at 53 per S&M, but ultimately 50 gave more depth and pop)
Sharpness 10
Color 50
Tint 0

Dynamic Contrast OFF (any setting other than OFF crushes blacks)
Super Resolution OFF
Gama 2.2
Color Temp Warm2
Peak Brightness OFF (I had this on High for a while, but after taking the advice from some of the calibrators I turned it OFF)

All Noise Filters OFF
Smooth Gradation OFF
Blue Light Thingie OFF
TrueMotion User 3/3 OLED Blinkie Thing OFF

For HLG/HDR10/DV

Cinema

OLED Light 100
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Sharpness 10
Color 50
Tint 0

Dynamic Contrast OFF
Dynamic Tone Mapping ON (N/A for DV)
Color Temp Warm2
Peak Brightness High

All Noise Filters OFF
Smooth Gradation OFF
Blue Light Thingie OFF
TrueMotion User 3/3 OLED Blinkie Thing OFF

·
Registered
9 Posts
I posted this in the gaming thread but maybe someone here has an answer. Is auto the correct setting for hdr gaming? For all other content the default for hdr is wide. In gaming its auto, yet in game wide looks more colorful and games look better to my eyes. Is this the correct setting or is auto(letting the tv choose) the right one?

14921 - 14940 of 16040 Posts