AVS Forum banner

15181 - 15200 of 16056 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
If I turn off TM AND enable Real Cinema, for me to watch movies, 24fps content, is the best way to watch them
That’s what I’ve done but on slow panning shots it’s not smooth at all. The only way I can describe it is almost jumpy. Not sure what to do as if I enable true motion i get artefacts and if I turn it off I get jumpy panning shots? Anyone have any ideas? Seems like no one talks to me in here?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Correct. I get alot of annoying artifacts with trumotion even on 1 so i keep real cinema on instead. And yes the panning scenes are horrible but thats what im living with for the time being. I tried turning both settings off and that didnt help either. Certainly can't watch with clear as SOE.
I don’t get it? I love everything about this tv but this totally ruins the movie experience for me. Just watching “1917” now as when they pan across the scenery it’s shocking. Clear introduces artifacts as well else I would use that as I don’t mind the tiny bit of SOE it gives.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I mentioned that already. :p
And now we’ve got pictures of both views you can get on the LG support website :p
Maybe, just maybe, less people will ask for the update instructions now ;)
Ah, who am I kidding ...

·
Registered
526 Posts
That’s what I’ve done but on slow panning shots it’s not smooth at all. The only way I can describe it is almost jumpy. Not sure what to do as if I enable true motion i get artefacts and if I turn it off I get jumpy panning shots? Anyone have any ideas? Seems like no one talks to me in here?
1917 is a movie that really shows the stutter in the C9, the whole movie is slow panning shots so it's a bit of a torture test for motion. I've tried all types of settings and in the end I prefer to turn it all off RC + TM. I can't stand artifacts or any smoothing so turning all off for me works the best. I didn't like RC either, I don't know what it was but it didn't make the stutter go away and made the image a little blurry IMO

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Correct. I get alot of annoying artifacts with trumotion even on 1 so i keep real cinema on instead. And yes the panning scenes are horrible but thats what im living with for the time being. I tried turning both settings off and that didnt help either. Certainly can't watch with clear as SOE.
I don’t get it? I love everything about this tv but this totally ruins the movie experience for me. Just watching “1917” now as when they pan across the scenery it’s shocking. Clear introduces artifacts as well else I would use that as I don’t mind the tiny bit of SOE it gives.
You're still getting some responses and I always try and reply but I have a much bigger problem than motion and no resolution in sight. I get alot of heart attack type flicker on heavy grain scenes. Seen it on SDR, HDR, and DV and am at my wits end with it and thinking of returning the set altogether. Now keeping the tv on low noise reduction keeps the issue in check a little but this comes at a huge cost of pq and dynamic range dropping alot. Nothing has worked so far either. Otherwise the pq is stellar but combined with unavoidable flicker and horrible motion its just not worth the cost i feel like.

·
Registered
526 Posts
You're still getting some responses and I always try and reply but I have a much bigger problem than motion and no resolution in sight. I get alot of heart attack type flicker on heavy grain scenes. Seen it on SDR, HDR, and DV and am at my wits end with it and thinking of returning the set altogether. Now keeping the tv on low noise reduction keeps the issue in check a little but this comes at a huge cost of pq and dynamic range dropping alot. Nothing has worked so far either. Otherwise the pq is stellar but combined with unavoidable flicker and horrible motion its just not worth the cost i feel like.
While I am very happy with the Tv overall when I see a comment like this I think it is important to go with your gut and return it while you have the chance, the motion is not going to improve in any future FW updates. Either is the flicker which I don't personally get
If movies are your main content i think Sony or Panasonic 2020 models will be a better choice

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
While I am very happy with the Tv overall when I see a comment like this I think it is important to go with your gut and return it while you have the chance, the motion is not going to improve in any future FW updates. Either is the flicker which I don't personally get
If movies are your main content i think Sony or Panasonic 2020 models will be a better choice
Unfortunately panny is not available in the US and Sony is not up to par with LG I hear.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey, I’m am happy with my C9. Picture is very nice. I had the Q90R before but returned it purely because HDR was just too dark no mater what I done. Plus the game mode on the Q90 was terrible.

Gaming on the C9 is a joy! The picture is just amazing! Digital tv channels are so detailed and a real joy to watch, so dynamic! When it come to movies though that’s where I’m a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong the picture looks incredible but the stutter is just horrible, for me it really ruins the movie. I had my woman and her friends round this evening to watch “1917” I was kinda wanting to show my tv off but the panning scenes were just a nightmare. Really upsetting. I’ve researched other TVs like the AG9 but the C9 has 2.1 HDMI and the Sony doesn’t and I prefer to be future proof. I think stutter is an OLED issue rather then an LG Issue. I was going to swap my C9 for the CX but I’m not sure if the stutter will be any better?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looking for a few more opinions...

Hey folks, I’m coming over to this thread to ask a question that I posted on a separate forum as this one is a little more populated and I need a few opinions... I ordered a replacement for my set due to vignetting, but now I’m second guessing myself and wondering if I’m chasing a unicorn or expecting too much... bellow is my original post.. I’d really appreciate some opinions from some owners to see if you think this is “within tolerance” as I’m hearing that most oled owners can see banding in grey content. Is that true?

“First off I wanted to say thanks for being an awesome community... This is my 1st oled and coming from the q9fn (an excellent set) there is a lot of adjustments I’m making... I still can’t get my picture to be quite as impressive yet as the q9fn but I’m still looking for recommended settings.

This is where I am sitting at the moment with my 1st oled... I think I’ve seen a lot worse then what I have so I’m not sure it’s worth the risk of going thought the panel lottery. There seems to be very little improvement after 5 auto comp cycles so I don’t expect much improvement in the future. What I’m seeing in the grayscale is a completely almost black edge down the entire left side of the screen. During content I do not see any banding in the middle or the right, but I can see a 1/4 inch band down the right side where that dark strip is on most gray content about a 1/4 inch from the edge of the screen. Big stand outs in seeing it so far are playing the Resident Evil 2 Remake when in foggy dark hallways, xbox menus, Loading screens for games and prime video and Marco Polo... so I’m guessing light to dark grays and some blue’s and browns/tans are exposing it... This is my last week to decide if I want to exchange, or risk the c9 going out of stock. So looking at what I have, as you guys are probably far more knowledgeable about this issue than I, do you think I’m in the acceptable range of banding. Is it probably worth just getting used to as it’s not in the middle of the screen and off the the extreme side. I’m pretty sure most OLEDs will have some banding in dark grays but wanting to see what my community thinks.. Would you probably just go with it, or enter the lottery again.“

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Traditionally, you want your eyes to align with the center of the screen. For maximum comfort, you want to be looking ahead as naturally as possible, not up or down. Viewing angles factor into this practice, too, but that is irrelevant with OLED panels.
Isn't it weird to wall mount that low though?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey, I’m am happy with my C9. Picture is very nice. I had the Q90R before but returned it purely because HDR was just too dark no mater what I done. Plus the game mode on the Q90 was terrible.

Gaming on the C9 is a joy! The picture is just amazing! Digital tv channels are so detailed and a real joy to watch, so dynamic! When it come to movies though that’s where I’m a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong the picture looks incredible but the stutter is just horrible, for me it really ruins the movie. I had my woman and her friends round this evening to watch “1917” I was kinda wanting to show my tv off but the panning scenes were just a nightmare. Really upsetting. I’ve researched other TVs like the AG9 but the C9 has 2.1 HDMI and the Sony doesn’t and I prefer to be future proof. I think stutter is an OLED issue rather then an LG Issue. I was going to swap my C9 for the CX but I’m not sure if the stutter will be any better?
Try turning off 24p output in your Blu-ray player. I did and noticed a dramatic improvement on the Spears and Munsil 2 "Sarah on a hammock" test.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Try turning off 24p output in your Blu-ray player. I did and noticed a dramatic improvement on the Spears and Munsil 2 "Sarah on a hammock" test.
Thank you, I’ll try that but I mostly buy and watch content online from Amazon Prime and Apple. Think I might just have to put up with it. Shame for such a highly rated tv.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI Guys,

Good day to you all, i am looking to buy LG 65inch OLED, now stuck in between C9 Series and E9 Series.

The price of E9 aare way to high compare to C9, the saleman told me beside the speaker is more in E9
also the Panel use in E9 is higher grade. is that TRUE?

also he said, even those on paper both TV are using same Alpha Gen 2, but the process speed and power are slightly
higher in E9. IS THAT TRUE?

Is any people here have technical spec of these TV especially the CPU and Panel.

hope all the big master here can advise me. thank you very much and have nice day

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
HI Guys,

Good day to you all, i am looking to buy LG 65inch OLED, now stuck in between C9 Series and E9 Series.

The price of E9 aare way to high compare to C9, the saleman told me beside the speaker is more in E9

also the Panel use in E9 is higher grade. is that TRUE?

also he said, even those on paper both TV are using same Alpha Gen 2, but the process speed and power are slightly

higher in E9. IS THAT TRUE?

Is any people here have technical spec of these TV especially the CPU and Panel.

hope all the big master here can advise me. thank you very much and have nice day
The c9 & e9 use the same panel and processor & same speed. All the 9 models do EXCEPT the B9.

The B9 uses a different slightly slower, less powerful chip.

This is true for every B model every year.

If you want to know the exact difference just Google LG OLED C9 vs B9

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys,

This week, i will buy my C9 , but i have some questions for the happy owners of the C9 :D

Today i am using a samsung JU6500 to play my games and motion blur (mostly in PS4 games as it is 30fps) bother me a lot, i was reading that due to the nearlly instantaneous response time from the OLED, motion looks much more clear, can you guys verify this?

Also, HDR gaming really worth the hype? the image is so much better like some people say?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Hi guys,

This week, i will buy my C9 , but i have some questions for the happy owners of the C9 :D

Today i am using a samsung JU6500 to play my games and motion blur (mostly in PS4 games as it is 30fps) bother me a lot, i was reading that due to the nearlly instantaneous response time from the OLED, motion looks much more clear, can you guys verify this?

Also, HDR gaming really worth the hype? the image is so much better like some people say?

No motion blur from 30fps games, but stutter is noticeable because of the OLED response time. It's not bad IMO, your eyes get used to it. Games at 60fps and beyond really shine, though.

HDR gaming definitely worth the hype.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not everywhere. The US version is still just an epk without the lg_dtv directory and powerpoint file.
UK is the same - just the epk, so you have to make an LG_DTV directory at the root and put the file in there

·
Registered
29 Posts
No motion blur from 30fps games, but stutter is noticeable because of the OLED response time. It's not bad IMO, your eyes get used to it. Games at 60fps and beyond really shine, though.

HDR gaming definitely worth the hype.
No motion blur? that's awesome, i prefer some stutter then having your screen all blurry when you spin your camera in the game.
I am really anxious to see HDR.

·
Vendor
26,667 Posts
Hey folks, I’m coming over to this thread to ask a question that I posted on a separate forum as this one is a little more populated and I need a few opinions... I ordered a replacement for my set due to vignetting, but now I’m second guessing myself and wondering if I’m chasing a unicorn or expecting too much... bellow is my original post.. I’d really appreciate some opinions from some owners to see if you think this is “within tolerance” as I’m hearing that most oled owners can see banding in grey content. Is that true?
The problem is, chasing a unicorn is a chase that is rarely won. That sets looks pretty darn good to me, but you have to live with it.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Isn't it weird to wall mount that low though?
No, because it's not "low" by definition, that's the whole point; it's the correct height. :)

(Yes I know this shows 1/3 and not 1/2)

If you want to mount it "high", you can always compensate like this:

:D

Attachments

15181 - 15200 of 16056 Posts