AVS Forum banner

15241 - 15260 of 16027 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
so I bought my 77 c9 in feb 2020 and just got my 2000 hrs calibration....I need to get some sleep...this tv is a drug.

Reactions: vpn75 and Alan P

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
Currently torn between the C9 77" (quality) and the Sony 900F 85" (quantity). The 900F is currently quite a bit less expensive as well, although the price difference is really not an issue for me at this time.
You better make a choice fast, you will be lucky to even find a 900F.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can’️t afford a pro calibration. That won’️t get ride of the stutter.
Do you have Real cinema on?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yes, really cinema on and TM off. One minute I think I’m ok with it then the next I watch a movie and I definitely frustrated. I got the tv primarily for movies but it’s not working for me. It’s either atifacts or SOE with TM or stutter without. I’m thinking about trying the CX to see if that’s any better. I like the LGs for HDR as they have that Al Brightness which make the HDR look incredible. That the main reason I sent back the Q90R as HDR was far to dim bit LG sorts that will the Al brightness. I love everything and I mean everything about the tv just can’t deal with the stuttering ruining my movies.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Yes, really cinema on and TM off. One minute I think I’m ok with it then the next I watch a movie and I definitely frustrated. I got the tv primarily for movies but it’s not working for me. It’s either atifacts or SOE with TM or stutter without. I’m thinking about trying the CX to see if that’s any better. I like the LGs for HDR as they have that Al Brightness which make the HDR look incredible. That the main reason I sent back the Q90R as HDR was far to dim bit LG sorts that will the Al brightness. I love everything and I mean everything about the tv just can’t deal with the stuttering ruining my movies.
Turn real cinema off. The only time you need it on is when your watching a Blu Ray or 24p content. Streaming content is not 24p.
I turned it off and things look more natural. When I put a BR on real cinema turns on automatically.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Stutter on OLEDs gives me headaches. Trumotion set to Clear works. On accurate modes, it doesn't introduce soap opera effect. Simple test:

You'll see that stutter is still there, but not as choppy. At higher frame rates which were used for filming soap operas, stutter on this video would have been close to zero. So if stutter is still there, no soap opera. Set it. Forget it. Enjoy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, really cinema on and TM off. One minute I think I’️m ok with it then the next I watch a movie and I definitely frustrated. I got the tv primarily for movies but it’️s not working for me. It’️s either atifacts or SOE with TM or stutter without. I’️m thinking about trying the CX to see if that’️s any better. I like the LGs for HDR as they have that Al Brightness which make the HDR look incredible. That the main reason I sent back the Q90R as HDR was far to dim bit LG sorts that will the Al brightness. I love everything and I mean everything about the tv just can’️t deal with the stuttering ruining my movies.
Turn real cinema off. The only time you need it on is when your watching a Blu Ray or 24p content. Streaming content is not 24p.
I turned it off and things look more natural. When I put a BR on real cinema turns on automatically.

What do you mean streaming content isn’t 24p? I’m pretty sure Netflix content is 24p......

·
Registered
785 Posts
As has been said, get it calibrated. Or just trade it for something else.

Can someone help on this subject... I’m really getting fed up of the stutter on movies after last night. Watched about 3 movies in a row due to complete lockdown boredom. I’m really getting fed up of the stutter. I’m meant to have one of the best OLED of last year or even this year but I’m starting to doubt myself on my purchase now. I can’t use the True Motion as it either adds SOE or if not that it adds aftifacts that are really off putting. I’ve been reading that Sony OLEDS have exceptional motion but I’ve never tried them. End of the day I love my tv for gaming, love it for standard tv and mostly love it for movies but then I end up watching a movie that my tv can’t display properly and it make me want to end my life! It’s the stutter on the panning shots that is killing me! I can adjust it but if I do I get flashy outlines around other moving objects. Noting helps.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I use the Xbox as my hub (I don't use WebOS). ALLM works great! Switches to HDR Game mode when I select CoD Warzone (Man, it looks so good). Automatically switches to Dolby Vision when I go to Netflix, and it automatically switches to SDR ISF Dark Room mode when I watch cable TV (Spectrum).

Do you have your Xbox HDMI passing through an AVR? Because that will eliminate ALLM and VRR (unless it's a brand new model of course). I'm: Xbox > TV > AVR (via eARC)
Mileage may vary but before I connected my One X directly through the TV it was going through my 2015 Marantz Pre-pro and ALLM triggered. (Obviously VRR wasn't passed.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
The strange thing is that the throttling in the rest of the E.U. was removed by Netflix about a month ago. UHD content is back to ~15Mbps.
Don't know why Netflix U.K. isn't back to normal yet.
Well... sorry to say, but in Spain we are the same. Three months plus with this bs and when I contacted customer support a couple of days ago, the woman basicly said "It is what it is. We don't have a clue when we'll go back to normal". :mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stutter on OLEDs gives me headaches. Trumotion set to Clear works. On accurate modes, it doesn't introduce soap opera effect. Simple test:

You'll see that stutter is still there, but not as choppy. At higher frame rates which were used for filming soap operas, stutter on this video would have been close to zero. So if stutter is still there, no soap opera. Set it. Forget it. Enjoy.
Yeah I was using clear for a bit but on some films it was causing artefacts and I did still notice a wee bit of SOE. Like at the beginning of “6 underground” on clear the some of the scenes where the little plane that flys around flashes. Can find away round it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I’m a bit lost now. After watching 1917 with RC OFF VS RC on the stuttering is horrible just after 30 mins 35 seconds. The panning scene. I don’t get why I’m getting stutter on NETFLIX if it’s 30/60fps as I’m getting stutter on films with panning shots still? I thought stutter was only a problem at 24 content?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not everyone has the money to get a pro calibration done and surely you shouldn’t have to get a pro to set up the tv just so you an acceptable picture in terms of motion?

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
Well... sorry to say, but in Spain we are the same. Three months plus with this bs and when I contacted customer support a couple of days ago, the woman basicly said "It is what it is. We don't have a clue when we'll go back to normal". :mad:
Thanks for the information, @majori3333. Much appreciated, because otherwise we might think it was only the UK still stuck on low bitrates. :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not everyone has the money to get a pro calibration done and surely you shouldn’t have to get a pro to set up the tv just so you an acceptable picture in terms of motion?
Your right ain't nothing a pro calibrator is going to do about motion that you probably?? haven't tried. My advice is to go with a Sony. If movies are your thing than Sony or Panasonic is the way to go, motion does go to the Sony though and I think you would be a lot happier with it.
The CX has possibly better motion than the C9 this not taken into account BFI @ 120hz which is another thing to consider with 2020 Oled's as a big bonus
But as I said before this stutter is not going to go away, it is a problem with OLED but certain chipsets do better than others and Sony has had a winning formula for some time now
1917 is the only movie for me that made me notice stutter a lot more, all other 24p content I don't really notice it at all on the C9 and I watch a lot of blu-rays

So instead of looking for help, I think you should just replace the TV as it's not working out for you, choose the Tv based on your preference not because some-one said it's the best TV out there
And don't fret over future proofing with HDMI 2.1 not unless you plan on gaming at 4K 120hz

15241 - 15260 of 16027 Posts