AVS Forum banner

15521 - 15540 of 16052 Posts

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
It absolutely matters because if this was such an issue we would hear about it especially on this board.

Now that we know it is Definitely not recommended? Based on what, the other poster? His opinion is no different than mine so this statement isn’t accurate.
His opinion is the opposite of yours, otherwise you would not have posted and argued.

Stick to the facts and ignore opinions and the fact is there are a lot of people who use USB to power their Fire Sticks and other similar devices and it’s not an issue. FACT!
No :rolleyes:. It is your opinion that it's "not an issue". Most people will find it useful to heed a warning about drawing more power than recommended. You wanted to shut down the conversation and have the final word saying it's all fine, but it's not fine. It's not recommended.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
No you can not, the setting in the TV are probably worse then factory setting because who knows who has been playing with them. Probably better off doing a factory reset, make sure to get it out of store mode at least. As far as firmware updates, it should auto update sooner or later. You will be up to date as long as TV is connected to wifi.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I need to check the settings then. Can you point me to where I can find the optimal settings, my room is usually quite dark. I was planning on hard wiring the TV to my 2960 Cisco switch, is wifi a better approach on this TV? Reading through this thread seems to give you a lot of information, but there always seems to be two opinions as to what best to do.:eek:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Anyone tried new AppleTV app yet? For me it completely stopped working after update.
The new app works fine. However, since updating my C9's firmware, when I use an internal app instead of my ATV4K box or Blu-Ray player, in order to have audio I have to go into the C9's settings, change the sound from eARC with pass-through to internal speakers, then shift back to eARC with pass-through. No problem with audio going from internal app to ATV4K. This is a repeatable problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I guess I need to check the settings then. Can you point me to where I can find the optimal settings, my room is usually quite dark. I was planning on hard wiring the TV to my 2960 Cisco switch, is wifi a better approach on this TV? Reading through this thread seems to give you a lot of information, but there always seems to be two opinions as to what best to do.:eek:

I use mine for WiFi and it works great. I have COX. But also mainly game on it.

As for settings you could start here. This link has been passed around a bunch. I have the same OLED you bought.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled/settings

Reactions: no quarter

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hello everyone, I bought a (2019) 65 inch LG OLED C9 last week, it was the store demo unit, and it will be delivered next Tuesday. To me, it was by far the best picture in the store that I could see (Teppermans), but they did not have the top Sony model there(A9G). Apparently the 2020 models will be there soon, so last years models are heavily discounted. This will be my first 4k television, I currently use a 65 inch Panasonic Plasma, which has served me well, and will be moved to the bedroom. Can I assume that since it is their demo unit, that it will be calibrated, and updated to the latest specs? Any advice on settings, or what to do once it arrives would be greatly appreciated. For now, I will hook up my over air antenna, my media player, and Xbox 360. My plan is to get Netflix premium for 4k content, and possibly YouTube, I do not want to spend a fortune on a satellite or cable subscription if possible...I live in Canada. I held off buying a 4k set, basically waiting for prices to come down, and more 4k programming becoming available. Hopefully I made the right move.:)
Def not calibrated. All the settings will in demo mode which makes things pop. Check to see how many hours there set has on it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Has anyone found a way to get a sound bar in front of this tv without blocking the screen? It’s in a cinder block basement so wall mounting is out of the question. Anyone have any workarounds or found a good stand that supports a spot for a sound bar?

Picked up a 55C9 for the sitting room and wanted a sound bar, so went this route)

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1ZB5M8/?coliid=IOAV97DFNAQ2Z&colid=15Z9FMP2GBT8F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Works great and I have a LG SL9YG I got on close out for $426 from Walmart. There is still about an inch above soundbar before the bottom of TV. Had to put the TV on the lowest holes and such because of how low the LG mounting holes are.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Def not calibrated. All the settings will in demo mode which makes things pop. Check to see how many hours there set has on it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
How do I check the hours? I read something about a 2000 hour recalibration or something like that, earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have eARC setup and connect to my AVR

When watching atmos shows from Apple TV plus and Netflix from Apple TV 4K box, I only get DD with atmos

But when I stream the same atmos shows from the LG internal apps, I get DD+ w/Atmos

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Dolby Atmos via DD+ is now supported with the webOS Apple TV App v1.0.22 (released on June 29th).
My AVR is not eARC or Atmos capable, but I'm now getting 5.1 DD+ to my AVR from the updated app through ARC vs. the 2.0 I was getting before. This is in contrast to 7.1 DD+ through the same ARC connection when using my Apple TV 4K (HDMI connected directly to my C9) on the same programs, so there still seems to be some limitation to the App in this regard.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Guys, my TV is being delivered on Tuesday, so I am trying to gather all the information I can before it arrives. So far, I have had plenty of help with settings etc., and I thank everyone for that. I have another question, will electronics sitting near the C9 have any detrimental effect to the picture, or TV in general? I have my plasma mounted on a TV stand, up in the air if you will, not sitting on the top shelf of the stand. I am thinking of mounting the C9 in the same place, so my Nagra integrated will be on the top shelf of the stand, but pretty close to the TV. I will enclose a couple of photos, unfortunately I am not at home, so this is the best i can do. The first photo is more recent, with the silver Nagra on the top shelf. The other one is when I had a Confidence Center (gone now) , but shows a wider view of the stand. I could remove the Nagra from the shelf, and place it on the floor on an amp stand if necessary. The question really is, am I better off with the TV sitting on the top shelf of the stand, or “hung” on the post at the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ok this is gonna seem like me being off the wall. Only been using the TV for a few weeks. Not a lot of time on the TV. Still calibrating it to my liking. Loving it so far. After set up removed the film off the front of the TV before use. Realized today there is film on the back. Removing it ASAP. Please tell me it didn’t jack my TV up being on there ? I was reading some other peeps accidentally leaving the film on in the back and messing up their tv ? I haven’t even had it for a few weeks Of use. Something to do with the heat dissipation. (Although my house is cool as a cucumber. ). I think other than it being in standby I have used it under 50 hours. and it looks ok that I can see. Any thoughts or am I good ? I can’t believe I didn’t notice the film on the back. The front was hard to miss cause I saw the bubbles underneath in the front.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Reset, unplugged and then completely set up the AppleTV 4K again. AppleTV and LG C9 both have latest updates. Internal LG C9 apps work perfectly. Still no sound from the AppleTV unless I cycle eARC on and off and then I only get only Pro Logic on most programs - (exact behavior described above).

At a loss. Any more ideas?!?
Your Integra receiver might have some ARC/eARC HDMI handshake issues when connected to the C9 - or the other way around - since the TV cannot send more than 2.0ch to the receiver when the ATV is used.

....... Realized today there is film on the back. Removing it ASAP. Please tell me it didn’t jack my TV up being on there ? I was reading some other peeps accidentally leaving the film on in the back and messing up their tv ?
I still have my back film on my C9 - intentionally - over 9 months have passed with no issues.

Yes, its recommended to remove all the protection films even if the manual no longer specifies it (and some models lack any back film...), but if you forgot to remove the film there will be no issue, the screen has plenty of cooling even if the metallic substrate on the back is covered with that protection film.
The motherboard and the PSU will generate more heat than the screen itself most of the time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've had my 65" c9 pua for a bit over a year now. Great TV.

When I set it up, the 4k images had a too-real effect. I changed a setting (that I found somewhere here) and the images no longer made my wife feel like she was in the "uncanny valley".

Now, I'd like to change back. I cannot figure out what setting it was. Going through all the menus, nothing has jumped out at me. I guess I could do a factory reset, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of changing everything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,169 Posts

When I set it up, the 4k images had a too-real effect. I changed a setting (that I found somewhere here) and the images no longer made my wife feel like she was in the "uncanny valley".

Now, I'd like to change back. I cannot figure out what setting it was. Going through all the menus, nothing has jumped out at me. I guess I could do a factory reset, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of changing everything.

Any suggestions?
It sounds like you're talking about the motion, and if you are you can try the presets that the motion settings could be set to in different modes ("Smooth", "Clear" etc).

Another different suggestion, after you have made a note of your current settings that you like in a given single Picture Mode, is to "reset" that Picture Mode in the menu. That will definitely get it back to the factory defaults! :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

Any suggestions?

Thanks

It’s the Tru-Motions settings. The higher you set De-Judder the more you will see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

Any suggestions?

Thanks
TrueMotion set to Clear is the factory default.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Any suggestions?

Thanks
TrueMotion set to Clear is the factory default.
Not it’s not. Off is the default.

15521 - 15540 of 16052 Posts