AVS Forum banner

15541 - 15560 of 16008 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Whatever the factory default setting is, mine had been "off". I set it to "Smooth" and that seems to look pretty good to me.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rather than use a VESA stand, I found this riser was slightly taller than my soundbar (a Sony HT-NT5), so I put the TV on it and the soundbar in front of the riser:

(had to remove link)

I'm using the same stand with a C9 and Samsung Q80R soundbar. Good fit and solid as a rock.

·
Registered
391 Posts
umm... really? My eARC has been working quite consistently. Do you have device power on via ARC enabled? I realized with my previous samsung that ARC would sometime fail, if my harmony hub would turn on soundbar before ARC gets a chance to turn it on. So, as long as you allow TV to turn on your ARC device on it should work just fine.

I had the same trouble with C9, but since I fixed my Harmony hub to allow my TV to turn on ARC devices, it has been fine.

Give that a shot and let us know how it works out for you.
Hi - I've noticed that if I change my power down to sequence to TV off then Processor it is fine - if I do processor first then TV I notice the volume on the TV displayed and then when I turn on again i need to reset - so yes definitely something to do with power - but I like many others am not a fan of CEC and the only reason I have it enabled is that for eARC on the LG it must be set to on - George

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
.... like many others am not a fan of CEC and the only reason I have it enabled is that for eARC on the LG it must be set to on
eARC does not need CEC to be ON on either the TV or the audio sink (receiver/soundbar) - BUT - there are some audio sinks that do not work properly with eARC if CEC is not also enabled.

You can see a list of receivers that behave like that in the eARC FAQ.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can confirm that eARC is working fine and passes lossless audio to my Yamaha A1080

Tested with a mediaplayer directly in my LG 77C9. The receiver displayed both DTS-HD MA and Dolby DTHD

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hi Guys,

Is is safe to mount these lights (bias lightning) on the back of my 65" OLED? I wonder if these LEDs would somehow interfere with OLED panel. I don't want to decrease panel life or PQ.

Please advise :p

TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Is is safe to mount these lights (bias lightning) on the back of my 65" OLED?
Yes.

I wonder if these LEDs would somehow interfere with OLED panel.
There is no interference possible.

I don't want to decrease panel life or PQ.
A bias light will not decrease panel life or PQ.

BUT - you do not need a bias light with an OLED panel.
You need a bias light only if the panel has a decreased contrast range - so a bias light is useful only when used in conjunction with an LCD panel - so that the bias light will rise the room contrast floor so that the poor LCD "black" level will be seen as blacker/lower than it is.

You may want a bias light with an OLED panel only if you have sensitive eyes and you are constantly "blinded" by the high brightness HDR scenes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yes.
There is no interference possible.

A bias light will not decrease panel life or PQ.

BUT - you do not need a bias light with an OLED panel.
You need a bias light only if the panel has a decreased contrast range - so a bias light is useful only when used in conjunction with an LCD panel - so that the bias light will rise the room contrast floor so that the poor LCD "black" level will be seen as blacker/lower than it is.

You may want a bias light with an OLED panel only if you have sensitive eyes and you are constantly "blinded" by the high brightness HDR scenes.
Wow... Thank you very much for detailed explanation. :) I got use to it so much with my LCD TV, at the moment I use temporary lamp behind my OLED. If not for sensitive I like sometimes to have different accent colors behind TV (for xmas or other occasions)

Is bias light actually counter productive for OLED PQ? I mean it shows more raised blacks?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Is bias light actually counter productive for OLED PQ? I mean it shows more raised blacks?
Kind of... It will prevent you to see details that are near black ("blinding" you in reverse), so, in a way, a bias light will affect the infinite contrast that the OLED panels can deliver, and you will not benefit from that.

So, for critical viewing, all lights should be off and the room made dark, or, better pitch black.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried to go through quite a few threads, but I feel that answers are all over the place. To calibrate a 65C9 for SDR and HDR content, is D65 a good white point, or should I be using an alternate WP?

The answers I have seen are JUDD, D65, multiple variations of (0.3xx, 0.3xx), etc etc. Which one should I shoot for?

EDIT: Will calibration have a negative effect on life of the subpixels? Like if I have to raise red at IRE90 to balance, will it drive red subpixel harder and end up burning it faster?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have an Nvidia Shield TV Pro connected to my 55C9 and I want to control the TV's volume with the Shield remote through CEC. The TV's power syncs with the Shield just fine but the volume control doesn't work, for some reason. When the Shield is connected to my old Toshiba 1080p TV, the colume control works. Is this a bug with the C9 or something?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all.
Just a quick doubt: will resetting the white balance values on service menu void the warranty?
I was trying changing some values and in the end I pressed the reset button.
In fact, white balance seems to have improved with default values for cold color temperature, which I use.
Yet, I just kept thinking whether I voided the warranty with that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Like a cool odometer reading?

you know when the odometer (mileometer) on your car gets to a really OCD type number - - -

Attachments

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Guys,

Is is safe to mount these lights (bias lightning) on the back of my 65" OLED? I wonder if these LEDs would somehow interfere with OLED panel. I don't want to decrease panel life or PQ.

Please advise :p

TIA.
Just wanted to say congrats on mounting the LED light stip via tesa. I made the dumb move once to use the integrated adhesive strip on these LEDs and that will forever stick to your TV. Had to exchange the unit and luckily the tech support guy did not notice the damage it caused on the rear, but it caused me a semi heart attack having the thought of my warranty being void because i damaged the exterior of my TV.

15541 - 15560 of 16008 Posts