AVS Forum banner

16021 - 16040 of 16697 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lost me at Harry Potter..... Lol

Glad to like and enjoy the tv though. It's a great set

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
The lighting effects are really incredible and all the darks and sparks really highlight the C9's HDR abilities.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm lost on this sharc talk. is this only necessary for non-4k pass through receivers? I'm having no issues with my yamaha 585 and eARC.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm lost on this sharc talk. is this only necessary for non-4k pass through receivers? I'm having no issues with my yamaha 585 and eARC.
It’s going to depend on your setup and AVR spec. I have a 4K ARC receiver but not eARC. In my case my AVR can process some of the high definition/lossless formats from HDMI inputs directly but not back from the TV as its limited to ARC only but not eARC. The Sharc gets around that limitation and also resolves lip sync issues I had with ARC but with eARC it works. That’s why a lot of people are going on about it... it allows people to use their older AVRs to the max for audio - what they are intended for - without having to invest vast amounts in new AVR just to pass through HDMI 2.1 video features to the TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
In short, this little $150.00 box just saved me from spending anywhere from $1500-$3000 on a new receiver. This box does exactly what I want it to do and it was just plug n play easy to set up. I know eventually I will get a new receiver, but right now I have no need until I have "too" many devices that need HDMI 2.1. Even with that said the current HDMI 2.1 receivers only have 1 2.1 port on them.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Isn’t it great when stuff just works? Lol. Happy it’s working out for you. Did you have to change any of the settings either in the C9 sound menu or the Xbox output menu?

Also what do the games output at, Multi channel PCM or also Atmos?

·
Registered
236 Posts
It’s going to depend on your setup and AVR spec. I have a 4K ARC receiver but not eARC. In my case my AVR can process some of the high definition/lossless formats from HDMI inputs directly but not back from the TV as its limited to ARC only but not eARC. The Sharc gets around that limitation and also resolves lip sync issues I had with ARC but with eARC it works. That’s why a lot of people are going on about it... it allows people to use their older AVRs to the max for audio - what they are intended for - without having to invest vast amounts in new AVR just to pass through HDMI 2.1 video features to the TV.

got it. I needed to update for atmos anyhow, so the price hit, while still a bummer upgraded a discontinued 8 year old receiver anyhow.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Lost me at Harry Potter..... Lol

Glad to like and enjoy the tv though. It's a great set

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
If you are impressed with an old movie that was created in the HDR era, but only re-done for HDR, wait till you play something really awesome. Take Netflix Lost in Space for example. The HDR and 4K resolution will blow away what you've just seen. -Great family show BTW...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Isn’t it great when stuff just works? Lol. Happy it’s working out for you. Did you have to change any of the settings either in the C9 sound menu or the Xbox output menu?

It really depends on the game itself.

However, Xbox will upmix game audio to atmos even if the game itself does not support atmos

Xbox has an app called “Dolby”. This app will help you setup Atmos for your home theatre and headphone. It includes number of Atmos enable game and movie clips. SHARC has no problem sending Atmos to my AVR

Yes. U do need to change the C9 sound setting to enable eARC. There are numbers of previous posts described how. No need to repeat again.

Like everyone said here. This device just works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

The only thing on the TV side was to put HDMI Arc as the sound output, passthrough and enabling eArc. On the Xbox One X I already had it to output bitstream and Dolby Atmos. The Xbox sends all audio out as Dolby Atmos, it basically upmixes games that are not Dolby Atmos to Atmos. It sounds great, but the games that have official Atmos support sound even better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you are impressed with an old movie that was created in the HDR era, but only re-done for HDR, wait till you play something really awesome. Take Netflix Lost in Space for example. The HDR and 4K resolution will blow away what you've just seen. -Great family show BTW...
thanks for the recommendation. we made it part of the way through season 1. I was really digging it, but for 8, 5 and 3 I think it was still a little complicated for the younger ones. Will revist!

·
Vendor
27,483 Posts
Just upgraded from 65B6 to 65C9. I took a chance on a Micro Center refurb at $1499 plus tax. The panel I got looked new with film on front and back, but the tv had 185 hours on it, an obvious return. Manufacturing date of Nov 2019. That being said, the panel I got was flawless as far as uniformity and banding. Best I’ve seen. But after a couple nights dialing things in I’m noticing elevated blacks on HDMI HDR sources. Very easy to see in the opening of Dark Knight Rises. To get rid of the elevated blacks I have to drop brightness to 46-47. Any thoughts? Should I return? Have LG replace hdmi/main board? TIA. Every Oled I’ve owned had perfect blacks at brightness 50.
I personally love a steal, thats a great price but not a slap you in the face deal. You could call LG and see what they think or return the set. Anything wrong with the 65B6? Sure the C9 is 3 years newer but that B6 is no slouch.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Is anyone having problems with apps playing video? Nothing is playing on my C9 from any of the apps

Try powering off the TV and unplugging it for a few mins

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bit the bullet and ordered the Sharc, there were only 20 left in stock when I ordered! I figured even if it doesn’t do exactly what I’m looking for I could always sell it in the secondary market later on. But I am looking forward to getting uncompressed audio from my PS4 to my AVR now via eArc 👍🏻
Thanks to everyone here for the recommendation

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bit the bullet and ordered the Sharc, there were only 20 left in stock when I ordered! I figured even if it doesn’t do exactly what I’m looking for I could always sell it in the secondary market later on. But I am looking forward to getting uncompressed audio from my PS4 to my AVR now via eArc
Thanks to everyone here for the recommendation
If you didn’t want to sell it you would always lend it to people - that’s if they don’t mind dealing with a loan Sharc...

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
If you didn’t want to sell it you would always lend it to people - that’s if they don’t mind dealing with a loan Sharc...
That was "post of the week"! :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what (if any) benefit the "Instant Game Response" setting is for my C9. The on-screen setup says that "if a connected device does not support Instant Game Response, it may not function properly." So, I have a couple of questions:

1) Does this mean the device directly connected to the C9 must support this (in my case, a Denon X6400H), or anybody in the chain (like my OPPO disc players).

2) I noticed that it was enabled when I turned on the Deep Color setting. I do not use the C9 for gaming. Can "Instant Game Response" be turned off while leaving Deep Color on?

Thanks!

16021 - 16040 of 16697 Posts