AVS Forum banner

16061 - 16080 of 16716 Posts

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Deciding between the c9 and cx if anyone was in the same position what made you choose the c9 besides price
Availability. I only bought my C9 55 in January and the 77c9 2 months ago. The 77CX still wasn’t in stock at the time

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I had a problem finding A c9 so I ordered the cx hope I like it

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am a bit confused about the ALLM and Game mode

I connect my XBox One x to C9. It switches to ALLM automatically whenever I launch a game

Do I still need to switch to Game mode?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried turning off CEC on my receiver, that didn’t do it. For now the workaround has been to disconnect the Sharc’s usb power when I want to use the tv’s speakers and plug it back in when I want to use the receiver. Doing this automatically switches the tv’s output audio without me having to go into the menu which is what I want. I emailed tech support and told them I might get a cheap USB On/off switch off amazon so I’m not constantly unplugging and they said it was a good workaround for now and wouldn’t damage the unit or void the warranty.

Speaking of the tech support I have to echo the statements here of a few people and mention how excellent they are in responding. Sometimes I’d get an email alert in the middle of the night even. It’s unparalleled tech support this day and age.
Good tips. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
My friend is setting up his 77CX. In the afternoon, sunlight that is reflected off a street light (hard to believe I know) hits the area where the tv will go. Does anyone know if the UV will still cause damage in this situation? Reflected sunlight*

·
Registered
315 Posts
Evil Boris from HDTVTest did mentioned in our AVSForum that the C9 does have BFI that can refresh at 120Hz when you have a 120Hz source. This includes it refreshing at 120Hz BFI at 1440p and 4K as well when he tested with the Club3D DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 adaptor to get 4K 120Hz running on the C9.
You can refer to his post in the C9 Gaming Thread here.
2019 LG C9–E9 dedicated GAMING thread, consoles and PC

And RTings missed out on mentioning the DTS limitation where any DTS content will not pass through via ARC/eARC which is a bummer for the CX.

·
Vendor
27,499 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
After a week of researching, I finally got my C9. Is there a recommended OLED Light setting? One of the videos in youtube (iirc tech giant) recommended 100 but presumably, this can lead to burn in and other issues in the long run.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i'm having lipsync issues despite both receiver yamaha v585 and c9 as eARC (which i was told should fix this). Anyone else still have issues? and if so are you using the tv lipsync adjustments or your receivers? Not sure if the issue is only from external devices (directv/ps4) or also with internal apps like netflix and plex.

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a connection question. I have the 77C9 and a Yamaha A2080. I have my hdmi from cable box to AV2, PC to AV3 and PS3 to AV1. I have the hdmi out from Yamaha going to the arc in on the tv. When I turn the tv on it triggers the Yamaha to come on but the Yamaha defaults to audio 1. I have to switch the Yamaha to AV2 in order to get sound. Why is the Yamaha going to audio 1. What setting am I getting wrong. I know this may be obvious to most people but not to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I have the 77C9 and a Yamaha A2080. I have my hdmi from cable box to AV2, PC to AV3 and PS3 to AV1. I have the hdmi out from Yamaha going to the arc in on the tv. When I turn the tv on it triggers the Yamaha to come on but the Yamaha defaults to audio 1. I have to switch the Yamaha to AV2 in order to get sound. Why is the Yamaha going to audio 1.
The audio return channel (ARC) is used so you can play audio FROM your TV through your AVR. Your Yamaha is being automatically switched to AUDIO 1, because that is how it receives the audio FROM your TV (the TV's internal OTA tuner, internal apps, and any devices connected directly to the TV) over the ARC HDMI cable. For any devices that are connected directly to your Yamaha AVR, you must select the appropriate input (such as AV2 for your cable box). If the cable box were connected to the TV instead, then you could use the ARC over HDMI OUT 1/ARC/AUDIO 1.

Because ARC is inseparable from CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) I don't know of any way to have ARC active without CEC turning the AVR on and triggering the AVR's ARC input with the TV. I just turn the TV on, and then after it's done turning the AVR on and switching to the ARC input, I switch to whatever input I want to use. The C9 is of course insistent on switching my AVR back to the ARC input anytime I switch inputs or apps on it.

16061 - 16080 of 16716 Posts