AVS Forum banner

16361 - 16380 of 16674 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

It is not imagination, it does appear as described but only when using the internal speakers of the LG.

If you are using ARC/eARC to pass audio to an AVR or Soundbar, then the Dolby Atmos pop-up will not appear anymore

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Question on the popup messages - Im certain at one point when I played a DV movie with Dolby Atmos, I would get a pop-up on the right top corner that said "DOLBY VISION" and "DOLBY ATMOS" below it. I believe this happened on streaming app such as MA as well. But I no longer get Dolby Atmos icon there, just DV - did this change or something else in my chain causing this or am I just imagining this used to be the case?
On my C8 I definitely get the double-info with the built-in demo movies (Photos and Video / Sample Video. NB the only way to get it to display the audio, is if it's using the internal speakers. If it's outputting the audio via ARC, then - think about it - the TV has no idea of the AVR's capabilities and can't know anything about what the AVR is outputting :)

I'm sure this audio info is a Dolby Vision-only "feature". There's no combined HDR10-and-Dolby Atmos popup, or a HLG-and-Dolby Atmos popup.

Edit: Ah, Lib beat me again! :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I've never used the LG internal speakers so I've never seen this.
That’s fair enough but you said

Just your imagination.
And

The C9 has never displayed the audio but only the video when getting HDR content.
And that’s not true. When using the internal speakers, it does display the Dolby Atmos pop-up notification and has done on 2018 and 2017 Atmos compatible LGs too

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That’s fair enough but you said

And

And that’s not true. When using the internal speakers, it does display the Dolby Atmos pop-up notification and has done on 2018 and 2017 Atmos compatible LGs too
Post edited...

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Question on the popup messages - Im certain at one point when I played a DV movie with Dolby Atmos, I would get a pop-up on the right top corner that said "DOLBY VISION" and "DOLBY ATMOS" below it. I believe this happened on streaming app such as MA as well. But I no longer get Dolby Atmos icon there, just DV - did this change or something else in my chain causing this or am I just imagining this used to be the case?
I think it displays the Atmos logo when using the internal speakers.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think it displays the Atmos logo when using the internal speakers.
Ding ding ding! Thanks guys :) I had to use the internal speakers for a while when I didn't have a reciever and that must be what Im remembering. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My LG Content app is stuck on this screen and has been for at least a couple of days and doesn't respond to any button commands.
I've tried powering Off and back On but it didn't change. Anyone know how to reset this app?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My LG Content app is stuck on this screen and has been for at least a couple of days and doesn't respond to any button commands.I've tried powering Off and back On but it didn't change. Anyone know how to reset this app?
Unplug it for a minute

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
My LG Content app is stuck on this screen and has been for at least a couple of days and doesn't respond to any button commands.

I've tried powering Off and back On but it didn't change. Anyone know how to reset this app?
I see you fixed it by unplugging for a few minutes. But next time it happens you can try force closing the app (switch to another app or input, hold down home button for a few seconds and then click the X above the app).

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I see you fixed it by unplugging for a few minutes. But next time it happens you can try force closing the app (switch to another app or input, hold down home button for a few seconds and then click the X above the app).
I have done that with other apps but it doesn't appear that the "force close" works for the LG Content app, at least it didn't work for me. The X never appeared.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I have done that with other apps but it doesn't appear that the "force close" works for the LG Content app, at least it didn't work for me. The X never appeared.
It does work, I did it before writing that. It must have been really stuck if that X didn't appear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Isn't ATSC used in the U.S.? Does anyone have a link where I can download it, or just a link to the firmware page on the Korean LG page. Thanks!

Nevermind, found the firmware on LG Korea and downloaded it.

16361 - 16380 of 16674 Posts