AVS Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2372 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I, for one, am happy for Bottas. Whether his drive yesterday will save his seat and quell the rumors about his imminent departure remains to be seen. Heck, the cake might already have been baked and not enough time has expired before the news of a new wingman for Hammy leaks out of the usually tight-lipped Mercedes. Should they let Bottas go it would be a damn shame and kinda dumm because a) He has helped Mercedes win its 6th straight F1 Constructors title; 2) He is the perfect foil for the volatile and thin-skinned Hamilton. Regardless, his move off of the line was both brilliant and ballsy, and deserves all the kudos thrown at him. Bravo herr Bottas.

Reactions: gibson61

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I think Mercedes is well aware of Bottas's wingman/team first approach. I am not sure if you are talking about '21 or not, since Bottas will be in the Merc next year. They let Ocon go to Renault and I think he is locked in there for at least two years. For '21, there are rumors that George Russell might be a candidate for the Mercedes seat.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Reactions: Tack

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
"Lewis Hamilton: Social media post says he feels 'like giving up on everything'"

The Formula 1 world champion wrote the lengthy post on his Instagram Stories calling the world "messed up".The Mercedes driver sold his private jet in a bid to go greener and in September opened Neat Burger, a plant-based restaurant in London.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/50061569

We all feel this way occasionally, why bother.

It's okay, Lewis. Now buck up, here's a song to help soothe the wounds.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Three+Dog+Night+Out+in+the+Country&docid=608003614080175216&mid=B442EFD749E5C3FB3203B442EFD749E5C3FB3203&view=detail&FORM=VRAASM

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
"Lewis Hamilton: Social media post says he feels 'like giving up on everything'"

We all feel this way occasionally, why bother.

It's okay, Lewis. Now buck up, here's a song to help soothe the wounds.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Three+Dog+Night+Out+in+the+Country&docid=608003614080175216&mid=B442EFD749E5C3FB3203B442EFD749E5C3FB3203&view=detail&FORM=VRAASM

Like many who think like him, it only takes a couple sentences before he gets to condemning others who don't think like he does. And of course, right after that, the obligatory "tell others what to do".

"“Go vegan, it is the only way to truly save our planet today. It can be done so quickly, all you have to do is put your mind to it."

You are much more powerful living the life you choose, setting an example. As soon as the finger pointing starts, all credibility is gone, IMO.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Like many who think like him, it only takes a couple sentences before he gets to condemning others who don't think like he does. And of course, right after that, the obligatory "tell others what to do".

"“Go vegan, it is the only way to truly save our planet today. It can be done so quickly, all you have to do is put your mind to it."

You are much more powerful living the life you choose, setting an example. As soon as the finger pointing starts, all credibility is gone, IMO.
Yes, Celebrity can take many forms. Loud, quiet, and everything in between. Hard for net worth ($285M?) not to get in the way when trumpeting starts.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I am not defending Ham, but I saw somewhere that there was a court case involving some guy who threatened some F1 reporters or the like and mentioned Ham as the reason. It could be why he was upset.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I am not defending Ham, but I saw somewhere that there was a court case involving some guy who threatened some F1 reporters or the like and mentioned Ham as the reason. It could be why he was upset.
I think I found it.

"Leeds far-right extremist threatened to kill BBC broadcasters and racially abused Lewis Hamilton"

A far-right extremist sent messages to the BBC threatening to shoot two broadcasters and made "grossly offensive" racist remarks about Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/leeds-far-right-extremist-threatened-kill-bbc-broadcasters-and-racially-abused-lewis-hamilton-815367

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

I'm pretty liberal/progressive when it comes to social issues, but veganism is a cult.
People like Hamilton don't realize it is an agenda being pushed by huge corporations to control the food supply. Billions of animals are killed/displaced by modern agriculture, but never gets mentioned in their rhetoric.
If meat was bad, we would have died as a species tens of thousands of years ago.

Obesity and disease started growing at the onset of highly processed foods in the Western diet.

/end rant

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I'm pretty liberal/progressive when it comes to social issues, but veganism is a cult.
People like Hamilton don't realize it is an agenda being pushed by huge corporations to control the food supply. Billions of animals are killed/displaced by modern agriculture, but never gets mentioned in their rhetoric.
If meat was bad, we would have died as a species tens of thousands of years ago.

Obesity and disease started growing at the onset of highly processed foods in the Western diet.

/end rant

·
Registered
12,514 Posts

/end rant
I guess you aren't a fan of all the Silicon Valley jerks that keep trying to push the meatless agenda.;)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I guess you aren't a fan of all the Silicon Valley jerks that keep trying to push the meatless agenda.;)

I'm sure a bunch of these posts will get deleted but.....

They are the worst people to go meatless, as vegan's brains actually shrink from lack of saturated fat in their diets. Research studies have shown their brains are 7% smaller.

99% of vegans go back to eating meat. That should say it all.

/I'll stop now

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
2081 - 2100 of 2372 Posts