AVS Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 2372 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
IMDb 7. 3, Rotten Tomatoes 42%, thatsa spread. Soft opening in theaters, should do well in streaming and DVDs.

Book published 2008. I needed to read the book as a kid (not available), rather than as a hardened adult.

Spotted BC scenery in its trailer--Sea to Sky (killer highway), West Vancouver's twisty drive to Horseshoe Bay.

"The real art of racing in the rain"

“Just like you are waxing a car,” Loshak continues with his dish soap trick, “inside of the windshield, you buff it in. You don’t want to completely remove it. It will leave a little haze, but a little haze is a lot better than fog and not being able to see anything.”
https://racer.com/2019/08/20/the-real-art-of-racing-in-the-rain/

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
JoNew is on pole. I would like to see him and Rossi battle it out for the win.
Pretty nuts last lap, he gave up points to Rossi in the last seconds.

Sato zero to hero in a week.

I know people around here don't like him, but Ferrucci is the real deal.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor? Forget it he is rolling!

I wonder if Tracy and Bell even watch the race. I am sure the director was screaming at them when they both said Rossi passed Jo at the end. After watching Santino pit, a couple of laps later they were saying he was on old tires. It is funny how some of you guys make fun of Nascar, but I would never hear the amount of mistakes from Burton or Jr or even DW.

Pretty nuts last lap, he gave up points to Rossi in the last seconds.

Sato zero to hero in a week.

I know people around here don't like him, but Ferrucci is the real deal.
Apparently, Santino lost it and came right down in front of New. He had to slow so much that he lost it. Josef went and talked to Santino after the race. Unlike say Clint Bowyer, he just gave him a stern talking to.:)

I thought it was great for the top three with Sato, Carpenter and Kanaan.

Oh and BG still hates Santino, but I have softened a lot. I did a lot of stupid crap when I was 20 years old. At that time, I was in the Marines, so I probably would have done something worse than Santino.;)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Was it over when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor? Forget it he is rolling!

I wonder if Tracy and Bell even watch the race. I am sure the director was screaming at them when they both said Rossi passed Jo at the end. After watching Santino pit, a couple of laps later they were saying he was on old tires. It is funny how some of you guys make fun of Nascar, but I would never hear the amount of mistakes from Burton or Jr or even DW.

Apparently, Santino lost it and came right down in front of New. He had to slow so much that he lost it. Josef went and talked to Santino after the race. Unlike say Clint Bowyer, he just gave him a stern talking to.:)

I thought it was great for the top three with Sato, Carpenter and Kanaan.

Oh and BG still hates Santino, but I have softened a lot. I did a lot of stupid crap when I was 20 years old. At that time, I was in the Marines, so I probably would have done something worse than Santino.;)
As I said last week, I have to grudgingly accept that he can drive.

But, I will never be a fan.

And the broadcast team can stop the Ferruci BJ’s any time now. He must be some special talent that his “long time sponsor has been with him since he was 12”.

Indeed....a company that no one has ever heard of with no previous motorsports presence bankrolled a kid from age 12.....what are the odds? Maybe the broadcast team might mention that its daddy’s money....all of it, and after completely disgracing himself in Europe, dad bought his way into Indycar. Leopards don’t change their spots.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Townsend Bell, king of the one liners.

Ferucci when sliding up the track behind Josef: He took away my air!

Bell: No one promised you any air, sir!
Yeah I liked that. Also, I don't remember the exact details, but the three were talking on camera and I think it was Diffey said something like "He's the most exciting rookie we've ever seen".

My eyes went directly to Tracy. He held it but I know what he was thinking. :)

·
Registered
12,514 Posts

And the broadcast team can stop the Ferruci BJ’s any time now. He must be some special talent that his “long time sponsor has been with him since he was 12”.

Indeed....a company that no one has ever heard of with no previous motorsports presence bankrolled a kid from age 12.....what are the odds? Maybe the broadcast team might mention that its daddy’s money....all of it, and after completely disgracing himself in Europe, dad bought his way into Indycar. Leopards don’t change their spots.
I can't believe I am defending Santino, but did he do anything other than that one day with Maini? Lets not kid ourselves, there are not a lot of drivers these days without a huge bank roll behind them. The kid he ran into is bankrolled by his rich Indian uncle.

I do agree that they seem to be all on their knees for the kid. I think a lot of that is that he is enthusiastic and speaks without a filter. Contrast that with the usual Ben Stein deadpan remarks out of the other drivers.

Yeah I liked that. Also, I don't remember the exact details, but the three were talking on camera and I think it was Diffey said something like "He's the most exciting rookie we've ever seen".

My eyes went directly to Tracy. He held it but I know what he was thinking. :)
While I agree that he probably isn't, maybe Diffey was talking about the three of them working together. Of course Bg will have a coronary believing that his David Cassidy dreamboat Wickens is the best to come along in the last couple of years.:p

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm hoping you're quoting an idiot.

Blutarsky in Animal House: "What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Also:
"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."
"Toga! Toga!"
"Oh no! Seven years of college down the drain!"

You are welcome.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts

I have similar thoughts to you about that racist thug. He would have gone up a lot in my estimation if he had actually admitted wrongdoing in that interview at the end, or shown a scintilla of contrition. Instead we got a "non-apology apology" with a healthy slap of arrogance. All he had to do was to say "yes, I admit it. I directly caused Newgarden to go off the track, yes, I shouldn't have done that [crossing the racing line, it's a big no-no like NG said] but I was fighting for control of my car at the time and I'm very sorry, and I've already apologised to him a few minutes ago when he came to talk to me."

Instead he doubled down. Arrogant little prick.

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
I just saw a tweet from one of Ganassi’s guys that said that these explosions dropped some shrapnel on the track which was what punctured Dixon’s radiator.
Ludicrous. What were they thinking?! It's common sense, blindingly obvious, not to let off pyrotechnics until AFTER the race is COMPLETELY OVER.

Can we assume then that IndyCar will do the right thing, and now BAN this sort of thing happening until the chequered flag in aid of fair racing? Yes?

·
Registered
9,184 Posts
Blutarsky in Animal House: "What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
Blutarsky sounds like an intelligent fellow :). It was the Japanese who did that. I assume that was part of the joke.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
IMDb 7. 3, Rotten Tomatoes 42%, thatsa spread. Soft opening in theaters, should do well in streaming and DVDs...

42% from the critics at RT but 96% from the audience. I always go with the second score. Plus it has a talking dog! :)

1781 - 1800 of 2372 Posts