AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 1584 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody experienced weird frame hitching when playing on a console? It typically affects 30fps content but is very distracting. It’s like a single frame hits and then instantly rewinds. I’ve tried game mode, instant game response, and swapped cables. Even had the panel replaced... still there. See the attached video where I captured it with my iPhone vs what the source is actually doing.

What could cause this? Should I be concerned and has anyone else seen it on a PS4 pro, switch, or Xbox one? The skipping is shown on the right side of my YouTube video. Especially noticeable during Final Fantasy VII Remake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RaheJMDaR80

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Anybody experienced weird frame hitching when playing on a console? It typically affects 30fps content but is very distracting. It’s like a single frame hits and then instantly rewinds. I’ve tried game mode, instant game response, and swapped cables. Even had the panel replaced... still there. See the attached video where I captured it with my iPhone vs what the source is actually doing.

What could cause this? Should I be concerned and has anyone else seen it on a PS4 pro, switch, or Xbox one? The skipping is shown on the right side of my YouTube video. Especially noticeable during Final Fantasy VII Remake

I can't say I've seen anything like that on my setup. Are you running everything through an AVR?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts

Thats a setup issue, not a TV issue. I've never seen that before, which would show it's not a issue. It's got to be something with a component in your setup. I mean, we all game on out sets all the time, if it was common, someone would have pointed it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody experienced weird frame hitching when playing on a console? It typically affects 30fps content but is very distracting. It’️s like a single frame hits and then instantly rewinds. I’️ve tried game mode, instant game response, and swapped cables. Even had the panel replaced... still there. See the attached video where I captured it with my iPhone vs what the source is actually doing.

I can't say I've seen anything like that on my setup. Are you running everything through an AVR?

Hey guys thanks for the quick response. No AVR, the only connection is from the PS4 pro directly to the TV via HDMI. Same setup for the Switch, just a different HDMI. The fact that it is not happening to anyone else is worrisome, but I can’t diagnose no matter what I do... any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Hey guys thanks for the quick response. No AVR, the only connection is from the PS4 pro directly to the TV via HDMI. Same setup for the Switch, just a different HDMI. The fact that it is not happening to anyone else is worrisome, but I can’t diagnose no matter what I do... any suggestions?

How is the capture card hooked up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the quick response. No AVR, the only connection is from the PS4 pro directly to the TV via HDMI. Same setup for the Switch, just a different HDMI. The fact that it is not happening to anyone else is worrisome, but I can’️t diagnose no matter what I do... any suggestions?

How is the capture card hooked up?
Capture card was hooked up after I noticed the issue. Used it to see if the stutter was coming from the consoles or something else, and the footage the card recorded was smooth without frame skip. But I typically don’t use a capture card when playing games. Just used it here to show the problem to capture the problem for the repair guy.

The panel was replaced for the TV, but that didn’t correct it either

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
Capture card was hooked up after I noticed the issue. Used it to see if the stutter was coming from the consoles or something else, and the footage the card recorded was smooth without frame skip. But I typically don’t use a capture card when playing games. Just used it here to show the problem to capture the problem for the repair guy.

The panel was replaced for the TV, but that didn’t correct it either

Unfortunately, it might not be a panel problem but circuitry/board issue in the TV. If these inputs are on Game mode, have you tried resetting them to defaults? You might want experiment with other display modes to see if you get different results, and also consider doing a factory restore on your TV, too.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Just got my C9 home and setup. I game on an Xbox One X via HDMI through a receiver. I have set it up so the Xbox gets its own HDMI input into the LG.

What settings on the LG should I use? I have picture mode set to Game but wasn't sure if there are settings within this mode to change vs leaving them at default.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
LG OLED65E9PUA (Glass Variant) Dimensions

Hope somebody who has one of these units can do me a solid. Will go above a fireplace. Stud placement not ideal. Would prefer to use stand. LG states 8.7" D w/stand. Would work, but razor thin margin for error. How accurate is 8.7" D measurement?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hope somebody who has one of these units can do me a solid. Will go above a fireplace. Stud placement not ideal. Would prefer to use stand. LG states 8.7" D w/stand. Would work, but razor thin margin for error. How accurate is 8.7" D measurement?
Can your mantle handle all that weight? Sorry my E9 is wall mounted but wanted to ask about the weight. I did have the stand mounted for a short time and the TV tilted back with it attached so something else to consider. I didn't measure the tilt but it was noticeable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can your mantle handle all that weight? Sorry my E9 is wall mounted but wanted to ask about the weight. I did have the stand mounted for a short time and the TV tilted back with it attached so something else to consider. I didn't measure the tilt but it was noticeable.
The fireplace sill is obscenely sturdy. Weight would not be a problem. However the way the stand is designed gives me more pause than normal on a close depth measurement, i.e., front glass supporting.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Just got my C9 home and setup. I game on an Xbox One X via HDMI through a receiver. I have set it up so the Xbox gets its own HDMI input into the LG.

What settings on the LG should I use? I have picture mode set to Game but wasn't sure if there are settings within this mode to change vs leaving them at default.
I'm a little confused. Do you have the Xbox hooked up to the AVR or the TV?

There really isn't much to change. In game mode with HDR you can change the dynamic tone mapping to HGIG if the games you play have proper HDR calibration screens.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I'm a little confused. Do you have the Xbox hooked up to the AVR or the TV?

There really isn't much to change. In game mode with HDR you can change the dynamic tone mapping to HGIG if the games you play have proper HDR calibration screens.
AVR. But the AVR has dual HDMI outs so I programed my Logitech remote to use one of those outs to it's own input on the LG so I could have a "dedicated" gaming input in terms of picture settings and what not.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
AVR. But the AVR has dual HDMI outs so I programed my Logitech remote to use one of those outs to it's own input on the LG so I could have a "dedicated" gaming input in terms of picture settings and what not.
Thought that might be a possibility. I use that setup for my PS4. But the Xbox should automatically trigger game mode. Do you get the ALLM pop up on the TV?

What AVR do you have? If it has eARC it would be better to hook up the Xbox to the TV to get VRR.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Thought that might be a possibility. I use that setup for my PS4. But the Xbox should automatically trigger game mode. Do you get the ALLM pop up on the TV?

What AVR do you have? If it has eARC it would be better to hook up the Xbox to the TV to get VRR.
Arcam 390, so no eARC. I plan on upgrading to a newer receiver (or pre/pro) by the end of the year but until then, HDMI will be running through the receiver to get Atmos.

I haven't sat down and explored my C9 fully yet. Merely set picture modes for each input last night and went to bed. The one thing that did happen was as soon as I switched over to the Xbox input a pop-up said to enable the Ultra Deep HDMI option (which I planned to anyways).

·
Registered
9 Posts
This might be an absurd request but:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good wall mount that can rotate?
I want to play shmups in rotation mode (LG C9 65") :D

541 - 560 of 1584 Posts