AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can you go into further detail about what makes the HDMI dummy screen not ideal in some cases?

I'm heavily mulling picking up an Open-Box C9 from my local Best Buy, but I have a Denon x4400 AVR, which does not properly support eARC with the LG. I would prefer not to downgrade my PC gaming experience from 7.1 to get a bulletpoint feature of the display to work (or to incur any additional expenses).
It's mostly a multi screen issue since I use the same PC for work and gaming: even with profiles correctly set up, I do get the occasional technical hiccup while disabling / enabling monitors (screen position shuffles, some windows going on the dummy screen, ...). But I'd suggest you try it before buying anything: I could see this working nicely on a dedicated HT / gaming PC with fixed monitor positions.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's mostly a multi screen issue since I use the same PC for work and gaming: even with profiles correctly set up, I do get the occasional technical hiccup while disabling / enabling monitors (screen position shuffles, some windows going on the dummy screen, ...). But I'd suggest you try it before buying anything: I could see this working nicely on a dedicated HT / gaming PC with fixed monitor positions.
Just to make sure I understand the configuration, I can send out a G-Sync signal via one output (let's say Displayport) to my Primary Display (the LG). Then I can run an HDMI cable to my AVR, which is then connected to a different input on my Primary Display, and clone/extend my desktop through this AVR path to piggyback audio off of?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Can you go into further detail about what makes the HDMI dummy screen not ideal in some cases?

I'm heavily mulling picking up an Open-Box C9 from my local Best Buy, but I have a Denon x4400 AVR, which does not properly support eARC with the LG. I would prefer not to downgrade my PC gaming experience from 7.1 to get a bulletpoint feature of the display to work (or to incur any additional expenses).

How are you getting 7.1 multichannel sound from Windows? I can only get stereo or multi-channel via MAT, the later though Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.

·
Registered
530 Posts
How are you getting 7.1 multichannel sound from Windows? I can only get stereo or multi-channel via MAT, the later though Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.
I'm not doing anything special, just running the HDMI cable from my FE 2070 Super to my Denon x4400h. From there, go into the Sound Control Panel (pre-Win10), select the audio out (sorry, it's not in front of me) and click "Configure." 7.1 is one of the options available to me.

I also have the Dolby Atmos app installed, so we have that in common.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
I can get LPCM 7.1 eARC passthrough from Windows using CRU to bump the LPCM channels from 2 to 8. I am also using a HDfury Dr HDMI 4K with my PS4 Pro to get LPCM 7.1 with that same EDID change.

In my case I have a 2018 Denon so no eARC issues.

Link to the post with my modified EDID if you want to go the Dr HDMI 4K route with a game console: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3072900-lg-c9-earc-info-thread-53.html#post59620210

·
Registered
140 Posts
From the FAQ, it supports everything EARC does (TrueHD included).

I'm from France and the expected delivery date is the 22nd of May (not sold anywhere else than amazon.com). I'll use it mainly for gaming (video stuff will go through the AVR as usual) so I'll be a happy camper with LPCM 7.1 fully functioning. I'll of course do extended tests if anyone is interested (I'm quite sensible to lipsync issues so I shouldn't have a problem to spot them if there are any).
Thanks for mentioning this product. Picked one up off of amazon so we’ll see how it goes!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Paul -- what's your AVR, and what situation are you hoping the ShArc will fix? Please post when you get it and how it works out of you.

Denon x4200w so no earc. I have a pretty nice pc rig for gaming (2080ti) so I want to take advantage of gsync and vrr while not missing out on audio quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,513 Posts
my 77C9 should arrive next Wednesday!!! I'm very excited!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can get LPCM 7.1 eARC passthrough from Windows using CRU to bump the LPCM channels from 2 to 8. I am also using a HDfury Dr HDMI 4K with my PS4 Pro to get LPCM 7.1 with that same EDID change.

In my case I have a 2018 Denon so no eARC issues.

Link to the post with my modified EDID if you want to go the Dr HDMI 4K route with a game console: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3072900-lg-c9-earc-info-thread-53.html#post59620210
I just tried this CRU method and to my surprise it actually worked :). But the pending firmware update to fix this can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LG C9 european model oled55c9pla how to see UTT hours watched?

Hi i own LG C9 european model oled55c9pla how to see UTT hours watched?
i bought it little bit used,so i wonder... its extremely important to me to see that is there a easy way if not let me know what remote i need to get and what to do...
also i noticed some flickering in some part of the screen, like a line thin lines flickering not discoloring simply flicker... which i dont like do u think with pixel refresh can be fixed or not..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I turned mine off to do some calibrations and I actually haven't turned it back on yet, but do this at your own risk as it is there to protect the panel.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2440714-how-turn-off-asbl-lg-oled-tv.html

Also, try turning off Logo luminance adjustment first to see if it makes any difference
So I did this fix last night. Worked like a charm! The TV no longer brightens/dims at inappropriate times.

HOWEVER...

After making this change, my TV now turns off every 20-30mins, completely on its own. I'll be doing normal web browsing, and the TV turns off. Or playing any game, and the TV turns off.

Any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
After the 2.1hdmi scandal in 2020 i grabbed a New C9 to Get full fat hdmis.

Want Max out of next gen consoles not a its good enought light version.

Hope Lg n Samsung sorts this next year. but i think its to seperate 4K tvs from 8k tvs that still has full fat ports....
What's the deal with this? I have a C9 from about 6 months ago. Do I have 2.1 like I thought? 48 GBPS? Or is it 40? Or what? I've only seen people say the CX has 40GBPS but nothing about the c9.
Will we get 4k 120 hz with 2.1 cards?

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
What's the deal with this? I have a C9 from about 6 months ago. Do I have 2.1 like I thought? 48 GBPS? Or is it 40? Or what? I've only seen people say the CX has 40GBPS but nothing about the c9.
Will we get 4k 120 hz with 2.1 cards?
It’s been mentioned that the C9 has 48Gbps ports. We can do all the way up to 4K 120Hz 4:4:4/RGB 12-bit.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I did the DisplayPort+HDMI setup to get PCM 7.1 to my receiver, while still being able to implement G-Sync. I am glad I didn't have to shell out any more money.

And I very pleased to find that my Xbox One X passes Dolby Atmos through eARC on my Deno x4400h. Looking at the eARC thread here, I was under the impression that it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So I did this fix last night. Worked like a charm! The TV no longer brightens/dims at inappropriate times.

HOWEVER...

After making this change, my TV now turns off every 20-30mins, completely on its own. I'll be doing normal web browsing, and the TV turns off. Or playing any game, and the TV turns off.

Any idea what's going on?

Does it prompt you before turning off or just switches off? I personally have never experienced this before, after 2 two hours I get a prompt for the Tv to auto turn off that's it.
Also, did you make any other changes in the service menu? If not maybe turn back on the ABL limiter and see if this causing the issue

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
2 more days 77C9 arrives. Does anyone know of a 3-in-1 stand that would support the 77in Live in an apartment don't want to wall mount. Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
After the 2.1hdmi scandal in 2020 i grabbed a New C9 to Get full fat hdmis.

Want Max out of next gen consoles not a its good enought light version.

Hope Lg n Samsung sorts this next year. but i think its to seperate 4K tvs from 8k tvs that still has full fat ports....
What makes you so sure that the consoles will have 48Gbps ports?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, regarding the SHARC EARC Audio Converter, it's looking pretty promising so far. Without any problem I was able to :
  • Bitstream Dobly TrueHD from my PC
  • Play LPCM 7.1 (using the CRU tweak)
  • Get max sound quality from the TV internal apps
I didn't have to enable CEC or anything else : just plug the hdmi and usb cables, set the TV to EARC, and that's it. The only thing I'm not sure about is Atmos (my receiver supports it, but I don't have the speakers needed, so maybe it defaults back to dd+ / truehd).

Reactions: Redmist and DaverJ
701 - 720 of 1539 Posts