AVS Forum banner

2121 - 2128 of 2128 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
So you tweak the 2 point high with HGIG engaged? I disabled all dynamic tone mapping for mine but enabled HGIG after. I haven't looked at any clipping slides to confirm if that was an issue.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So you tweak the 2 point high with HGIG engaged? I disabled all dynamic tone mapping for mine but enabled HGIG after. I haven't looked at any clipping slides to confirm if that was an issue.
No, you just follow everything you would do for the normal HDR mode, but enable HGIG when complete. But that’s personal preference as some people prefer to use Dynamic Tone Mapping.

EDIT: Reading my post back it did actually read the way you interpreted it so I apologise for that. Nearly midnight on a Sunday when I wrote it ;)

But to be honest, if you are either using the iTPG, or an external TPG with Enable Calibration checked (which should be the case with external TPG in HDR), you are bypassing PQ and tone mapping anyway, so it’s all irrelevant.

But I’ve edited the initial post for clarity.

Reactions: Rob67

·
Registered
6 Posts
good morning everyone, I'm new here.
I have a LG C9 55 "from February 2020, with LG SL9YG bar.
So far I have only calibrated my TV looking at the settings of famous sites that deal with these topics.
But I would like to do something more specific because I am not 100% satisfied with all of its settings.
I use it for everything, movies, YT, soon PS5, even with NVIDIA PCs (I have some problems there, I await FW update).
But whenever I was looking for something to calibrate, I would come across Calman calibration, but that's too much money to spend on just one TV calibration.
Is there something equally functional but with an honest expense?
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
How can I do a manual color saturation adjustment measurement ? (55 C9) Just a simple way to dial in the overall color level control? I have CM LG Home and CP3.

thx

bob

2121 - 2128 of 2128 Posts