AVS Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2269 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Wow, ok thanks for the info. I wondered, why my TV does not switch to SDR anymore when I start an SDR game, but always stays in HDR profile!
Well I sold a projector because I thought it was faulty due to this crap!
I wonder what we should do? Send a collective mail to Nvidia to fix it?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I can't seem to find the answer although I know it has been discussed here. I want to install the latest firmware although I performed a Service Menu white point calibration and disabled ASBL. Does a firmware update reset anything in the SM? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Does a firmware update reset anything in the SM? Thanks!
No, it doesn’t affect settings in the Service Menu so it is perfectly safe to update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I sold a projector because I thought it was faulty due to this crap!
I wonder what we should do? Send a collective mail to Nvidia to fix it?
Hi, I tested this with various Nvidia driver versions. The last driver where HDR works "the old way" is 446.14 from May 2020. After this one (starting from 451.48) Nvidia changed HDR behaviour in Windows, which results in slightly wrong colors and messing up HDR/SDR auto switching

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Hi, I tested this with various Nvidia driver versions. The last driver where HDR works "the old way" is 446.14 from May 2020. After this one (starting from 451.48) Nvidia changed HDR behaviour in Windows, which results in slightly wrong colors and messing up HDR/SDR auto switching
thank you for confirming. Question is what's next as this impacts everything.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Without catching up on this thread.... is it worth re-running AutoCal on my one year old C9 if it was calibrated with the 2019 version of Calman and I have just updated Calman to the 2020 R2 version?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I just can't believe no one cares about not seeing proper colors on their expensive TV :)

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
I just can't believe no one cares about not seeing proper colors on their expensive TV :)
There are three negatives in that sentence! What did you actually mean, please? :)

edit: it was a simple and polite question.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
There are three negatives in that sentence! What did you actually mean, please? :)
well if you positively don't care that you cannot use a very basic function that is essential to HDR not much else can I say either positively or negatively. Over and out.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
well if you positively don't care that you cannot use a very basic function that is essential to HDR not much else can I say either positively or negatively. Over and out.
Your issue appears to be with how the NVidia card and Windows handle HDR, not really with the TV itself. Perhaps you are posting in the wrong thread, hence the lack of response you got.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Your issue appears to be with how the NVidia card and Windows handle HDR, not really with the TV itself. Perhaps you are posting in the wrong thread, hence the lack of response you got.
Yes and it affects every display and since a lot of owners use the TV with computers I thought it would relevant but it seems no one wants proper colors or simply don't know what they are missing out on. Anyway.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Yes and it affects every display and since a lot of owners use the TV with computers I thought it would relevant but it seems no one wants proper colors or simply don't know what they are missing out on. Anyway.
Sure it's relevant. But not here. It isn't at all about calibrating one of these or any other TVs. This might be a more fruitful place to air your concerns:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can I ask a very noob question here?
I'm about to receive a 65" B9 and I've seen the rtings pre calibration score.

For anyone that calibrated their set, are the point values all that different from the ones in the rtings review?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for the long post, but i have been reading this thread and the calman for LG thread for a long time and would really appreciate help. I have an LG 65 C9, purchased in Dec 2019 and have tried many times to calibrate the screen using Calman 2020 and in IDisplay pro plus (which was purchased in Sept 2020, based on reading these forums).

On each occasion i have found the screen post calibration to be very dull with a very large orange view.

I have tried using both Raw XYZ and the lightspace (OLED) Edr file, and every time i feel as though if i reset the screen it provides a better picture from factory reset.

I am fortunate that the screen is used in my own "man cave" and is connected to a Series X, PC and PS5 directly, and via ARC to an amp which has a UHD player and Switch. I use this for gaming with my friends and watching films on UHD blu ray and streaming Disney + Etc.

I followed all the details on Tylers youtube calman calibration videos, followed instructions for replacing EDR files and redoing calibrations for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision. Is there anything i am missing from your experiences?

I feel as though i have spent a lot on software and hardware which is being wasted, yet read opinions from forum members say their screen provide a 3d clarity when calibration is complete. I am the complete opposite currently.

I cant thank you enough for any help or guidance

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,216
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for the long post, but i have been reading this thread and the calman for LG thread for a long time and would really appreciate help. I have an LG 65 C9, purchased in Dec 2019 and have tried many times to calibrate the screen using Calman 2020 and in IDisplay pro plus (which was purchased in Sept 2020, based on reading these forums).

On each occasion i have found the screen post calibration to be very dull with a very large orange view.

I have tried using both Raw XYZ and the lightspace (OLED) Edr file, and every time i feel as though if i reset the screen it provides a better picture from factory reset.

I am fortunate that the screen is used in my own "man cave" and is connected to a Series X, PC and PS5 directly, and via ARC to an amp which has a UHD player and Switch. I use this for gaming with my friends and watching films on UHD blu ray and streaming Disney + Etc.

I followed all the details on Tylers youtube calman calibration videos, followed instructions for replacing EDR files and redoing calibrations for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision. Is there anything i am missing from your experiences?

I feel as though i have spent a lot on software and hardware which is being wasted, yet read opinions from forum members say their screen provide a 3d clarity when calibration is complete. I am the complete opposite currently.

I cant thank you enough for any help or guidance
The only way to troubleshoot this is for you to post your before and after scans from CalMan along with some of the pull down menus to make sure you have everything set up properly. If you are using CM Home for LG then i would post on that forum to get your answers.

There shouldn't be any reason if you have everything set up correctly, that you shouldn't get reasonably good results.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Could someone help me out.

I'm trying to do a basic calibration with AVS HD patterns.

If my Nvidia shield is outputting limited range I'll set black level to low (a shame auto is only available in PC mode).

When this is set to low and I adjust black level I need to set brightness and 0-16 won't flash and 17 forward flash?

And when adjusting contrast up to 235 flash and all others don't?

This resulted in brightness 52 and contrast 98 on my B9.

Does it sound correct?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know this has been discussed many times..
If my Apple TV4K box is always outputting 60hz (match frame set to OFF) will the C9 convert and correctly play content at 24fps? (Real Cinema set to ON)

Is match frame rate redundant? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts

2201 - 2220 of 2269 Posts