AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So minor note on getting gsync working now that I got the FW update. I still couldn’t get it working after the update, saw someone mention doing a factory reset, and then it all finally worked as it should.

This may apply to the 4k/120 modes on consoles too, like Ori, so if you’re having any issues still, a factory reset/initialize should clean things up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So minor note on getting gsync working now that I got the FW update. I still couldn’t get it working after the update, saw someone mention doing a factory reset, and then it all finally worked as it should.

This may apply to the 4k/120 modes on consoles too, like Ori, so if you’re having any issues still, a factory reset/initialize should clean things up.

Happy to hear that! Might be a stupid question but I'm curious. With your set do you leave quick launch turned on or off? I've personally started leaving mine off because my TV kept running into minor weird bugs with it on. Turning it off so I have a fresh boot every time helped a lot. Just curious if I have to resest the whole tv lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happy to hear that! Might be a stupid question but I'm curious. With your set do you leave quick launch turned on or off? I've personally started leaving mine off because my TV kept running into minor weird bugs with it on. Turning it off so I have a fresh boot every time helped a lot. Just curious if I have to resest the whole tv lol
Oh I generally have it off, but my decision was more led by saving a little on electricity where I can, haha. I pretty much cold boot everything I have in general because of that and what you mentioned above.

That said, to get the full checklist working simultaneously (4k/120hz/HDR/10bpc/Gsync) I DID have to reset the whole TV, and I’m still not totally sure why it worked, but it did. I was basically out of options after it didn’t work with the new firmware but read a report on Nvidia’s site where someone had the same issues and solved them, so I figured I’d try anything to figure it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh I generally have it off, but my decision was more led by saving a little on electricity where I can, haha. I pretty much cold boot everything I have in general because of that and what you mentioned above.

That said, to get the full checklist working simultaneously (4k/120hz/HDR/10bpc/Gsync) I DID have to reset the whole TV, and I’m still not totally sure why it worked, but it did. I was basically out of options after it didn’t work with the new firmware but read a report on Nvidia’s site where someone had the same issues and solved them, so I figured I’d try anything to figure it out.
You convinced me to reset my tv and I hate you for it. 😂 Spoiled by having everything all setup for me. But I appreciated that heads up. So dang excited for Thursday! My xbox may be runningate but the hype is real. I heard VRR is a life saver for some games. Silly question, but is there a way to check if VRR is working? I heard someone say something about pressing the green button a lot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You convinced me to reset my tv and I hate you for it. 😂 Spoiled by having everything all setup for me. But I appreciated that heads up. So dang excited for Thursday! My xbox may be runningate but the hype is real. I heard VRR is a life saver for some games. Silly question, but is there a way to check if VRR is working? I heard someone say something about pressing the green button a lot?
I’m not actually sure how to do that, though I know there’s a mode for it if you have your TV in the engineer mode or w/e it’s called. For me I can tell by sight cause of games I know that tear, and on PC a there’s a feature to use a gsync indicator to display when the feature is on. For Xbox there should be a menu to enable it in the settings assuming it’s like the One/One X/One S

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’m not actually sure how to do that, though I know there’s a mode for it if you have your TV in the engineer mode or w/e it’s called. For me I can tell by sight cause of games I know that tear, and on PC a there’s a feature to use a gsync indicator to display when the feature is on. For Xbox there should be a menu to enable it in the settings assuming it’s like the One/One X/One S
Apologies to ask this,but 4K 120 FPS, HDR, VRR was all working with a factory reset, huh? I need to keep note of that for work. Kinda doubt people will be reaching out to us though. Most people just kinda go online now lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can anyone get local dimming to work when VRR is active? VRR is only available when Instant Game Mode is on and that seems to disable local dimming which really is not optimal. Maybe the TV reset would help with this as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if model 49sm9000pla will have same update firmware and work with 4k 120fps HDR with hdmi 2.1 cable same as other bigger models ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can anyone get local dimming to work when VRR is active? VRR is only available when Instant Game Mode is on and that seems to disable local dimming which really is not optimal. Maybe the TV reset would help with this as well?
Have you tried that yet? Would really suck if I have to lose local dimming for VRR. I heard having the Series X set to 4K 120 with VRR on causes problems. So try setting it to 4k 60 with VRR on.

Edit: Definitely try factory resetting your tv if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if model 49sm9000pla will have same update firmware and work with 4k 120fps HDR with hdmi 2.1 cable same as other bigger models ?
O have that same tv and received the update, I only had a ps5 or Xbox, or a rtx 3080 to test with. But the firmware is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
My TV locked it to low.
It's "locked" to whatever is was set to without Instant Game Response on. I tested this. Try turning the IGR off (on the TV, Not Xbox) and then switching it to High. Then turn it back on and it'll show it's locked to High instead. I think it's just grayed out because it's obviously disabled on my set.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also just did a reset on the TV and nothing has changed. This TV simply does not allow local dimming when IGR is activated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also got 4k/120 HDR working on PS5.
It's "locked" to whatever is was set to without Instant Game Response on. I tested this. Try turning the IGR off (on the TV, Not Xbox) and then switching it to High. Then turn it back on and it'll show it's locked to High instead. I think it's just grayed out because it's obviously disabled on my set.
I figured as much, but didn’t have time to extensively test it or anything (only like 5 mins last night I had to do a factory reset to get VRR working at 4k/120 and lost all my calibrations lol, so I couldn’t remember what I had enabled before trying it.

321 - 340 of 362 Posts