AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1144 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep - but still a great deal if you have one, which I would guess a lot do that shop at Costco.... :)
Not in my case I had a Costo membership but did not renew and I have a Visa but not Citi. However you have given me an idea. Best Buy sells the C9 for $3199 and then gives some gift cards too. If I go in to Best Buy and ask for 15% off like Costco then I might get the C9 for $2719. worth a shot?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not in my case I had a Costo membership but did not renew and I have a Visa but not Citi. However you have given me an idea. Best Buy sells the C9 for $3199 and then gives some gift cards too. If I go in to Best Buy and ask for 15% off like Costco then I might get the C9 for $2719. worth a shot?
You can certainly ask, but BBY is already $3200 + 10% ($320) in gift cards + 5% ($160) in reward zone points if you use a Best Buy credit card (or 10% in rewards points if you sign up for a card that day, which will also give you several months of 0% interest before going to 28% or whatever) + plus sales tax. As we've mentioned before, there are better deals easily had online, but if you want it right now from a local store with easy returns/exchanges, that's more or less the "local" price unless you live near a specialty shop that lets you haggle.

Edit: maybe new BBY cards give 10% in rewards OR 0% interest for several months, and I guess you might become elite and get 6% instead of 5% if you already have a BBY card, but all this stuff is always available and not really a new deal.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can certainly ask, but BBY is already $3200 + 10% ($320) in gift cards + 5% ($160) in reward zone points if you use a Best Buy credit card (or 10% in rewards points if you sign up for a card that day, which will also give you several months of 0% interest before going to 28% or whatever) + plus sales tax. As we've mentioned before, there are better deals easily had online, but if you want it right now from a local store with easy returns/exchanges, that's more or less the "local" price unless you live near a specialty shop that lets you haggle.

Edit: maybe new BBY cards give 10% in rewards OR 0% interest for several months, and I guess you might become elite and get 6% instead of 5% if you already have a BBY card, but all this stuff is always available and not really a new deal.
for what it is worth I stopped into Best Buy this morning. They are having a final blowout of any B8's still in store. B8 65" Price is $1999 plus tax and includes elite membership with rewards points. They had only one new in box in my store with next day delivery and I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
309 Posts
BB offering a $700 gift card with 77C9 purchase

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
BB offering a $700 gift card with 77C9 purchase
Yes, 10% back in a gift card. Not all that bad except you must spend it at BB. I have to think the 77” C9s will drop quickly once production ramps up. Too early to jump I think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When does Costco's 15% off deal end? Memorial day? I ordered the credit card but it will be 7-10 days before it gets here.

·
Registered
802 Posts
2-3 weeks ago I read on one of the LG OLED forums here,(thought it was this thread but it seems not) that VideoOnly was offering the 77C8 for $3999 on their website. Anyone know where it was posted?

·
Registered
31 Posts
2-3 weeks ago I read on one of the LG OLED forums here,(thought it was this thread but it seems not) that VideoOnly was offering the 77C9 for $3999 on their website. Anyone know where it was posted?
I suspect that was for a C8 and not a C9.

77C8s can be purchased for $4,000-$4,500 right now. I paid $4,200 plus tax ($4,500 all in with shipping) last week.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I suspect that was for a C8 and not a C9.

77C8s can be purchased for $4,000-$4,500 right now. I paid $4,200 plus tax ($4,500 all in with shipping) last week.
It was 77C8, corrected. (I will change the post).
Back to the question, which forum here is that posted. I thought I'd ask VideoOnly if they will still honor that deal.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Back to the question, which forum here is that posted. I thought I'd ask VideoOnly if they will still honor that deal.
Post 379 (page 13) here. 77C8 at $3900 or less is common now, but such discussion belongs in that thread ;-)

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-oled-technology-great-found-deals/2950804-77-oleds-all-mfrs-all-years-14.html

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Post 379 (page 13) here. 77C8 at $3900 or less is common now, but such discussion belongs in that thread 😉

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-oled-technology-great-found-deals/2950804-77-oleds-all-mfrs-all-years-14.html
This isn't my experience on 77C8 pricing lately. Not from authorized dealers anyway. I'd pull the trigger on $3900 immediately, so if someone knows where that is possible feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
802 Posts
This isn't my experience on 77C8 pricing lately. Not from authorized dealers anyway. I'd pull the trigger on $3900 immediately, so if someone knows where that is possible feel free to let me know.
VideoOnly is an authorized reseller, $3999.99. Sorry, that deal is gone. I just purchased the C9 from them.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,496 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just bought a LG C9 55" on Ebay for $2558 AUD = $1788 USD

Was a 20% discount They are usually listed at $3000-$3200 so i saved about $500, I'm happy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just bought a LG C9 55" on Ebay for $2558 AUD = $1788 USD

Was a 20% discount They are usually listed at $3000-$3200 so i saved about $500, I'm happy.
I just checked and there are 65 inch C9's for $2,500. Am I crazy in thinking the C8's took like 9 months to get down to that price?

61 - 80 of 1144 Posts