AVS Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1144 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Authorized Dealer(BuyDig) via Google Shopping has 65" LG OLED65B9PUA OLED HDTV on sale for $1498.99 after promo code SUXMAE

Link
OMG I missed it again. Is there anyway or website that would send alerts? It always sells out within hours and to my luck if I'm constantly checking here I see nothing for weeks, but once I don't check or check late in the day of course the best deal ever would pop up and I'm too late

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
OMG I missed it again. Is there anyway or website that would send alerts? It always sells out within hours and to my luck if I'm constantly checking here I see nothing for weeks, but once I don't check or check late in the day of course the best deal ever would pop up and I'm too late
B9 not C9,

Still waiting for C9 1500/shipped, no tax

·
Registered
736 Posts
The C9's have sold much better than the B9 esp in 65 and 77, therefore I doubt you will see deep discounts for some time. $1600 will likely be best price for 65C9 within the next 60 days. Current best prices are at Greentoe, they will accept 1799 including tax or NewEgg...also $1799 link

I am guessing there will be more leftover stock for B9's and therefore when final closeout comes around, we may see the 65" ~ $1300
More questionable where final closeout prices will land for the C9 since it has been so popular, they may continue selling well depending on pricing of the new CX's...or there may be limited leftover stock? Time will tell.

Best prices of the year I have seen were 65B9 $1400, 65C9 $1500, 77C9 $3200 but none of them prices have been seen in 2020 as of yet.

·
Registered
13,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
The C9's have sold much better than the B9 esp in 65 and 77, therefore I doubt you will see deep discounts for some time. $1600 will likely be best price for 65C9 within the next 60 days. Current best prices are at Greentoe, they will accept 1799 including tax or NewEgg...also $1799 link

I am guessing there will be more leftover stock for B9's and therefore when final closeout comes around, we may see the 65" ~ $1300
More questionable where final closeout prices will land for the C9 since it has been so popular, they may continue selling well depending on pricing of the new CX's...or there may be limited leftover stock? Time will tell.

Best prices of the year I have seen were 65B9 $1400, 65C9 $1500, 77C9 $3200 but none of them prices have been seen in 2020 as of yet.
It will depend on what LGE's production levels are for C9 versus B9 and what the built-up inventory levels as they switchover from B9/C9 production to BX/CX production in a few months... (which we are not privy to).

Production costs for C9 and B9 are pretty much identical, so LGE makes more profit when selling a C9 than when selling a B9.

My view (rightly or wrongly) has always been that LGE focuses on C-Series sales and uses the B-Series as an 'escape hatch' to push-through additional volume when C-Series inventory levels get too high. If LGE knows they are going to have to sell at lower prices to drive additional demand, it's better for them to sell more B-Series than to further discount the C-Series (so the B-Series is used to protect C-Series pricing).

What that will mean as closeout season approaches is anyone's guess, as it depends on what LGE planned/produced for as far as market demand and what actual market demand ended up materializing when they discount the 65C9 to $1500 versus the 65B9 to $1400. But the very fact we've seen those two prices before means it's exceedingly likely we'll see them again before closeout season starts winding down in September (I don't think we've had a year of WOLED sales yet where absolute best prices of the cycle did not materialize during closeout season, fleeting as those deals may have been).

Bottom line is that we know reseller 'cost' for 65" WOLEDs is less than $1400 in 2020 and everything is looking good for 65" WOLEDs costing resellers less than $1000 by 2022 (before the new 10.5G and it's ~50% reduction in 65" WOLED panel cost has kicked-in)...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Woot sent me an email on a refurb 77" C9 for $3,669.99

I'd assume it is worth waiting a bit and that new ones may be at that price? Some of the random ebay sellers have new from about $3700...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Costco has the 65B9 for $1799 including a $100 Costco cash card and Square Trade warranty

Must add both the TV and Square Trade warranty to cart, discount will be shown at checkout.
The total length of warranty will be 2yr (Costco warranty) + 3yr (SquareTrade) = 5yr
If you use Costco credit card (or almost any Citi credit card) it will give you another 2yr after the 5yr, so 7yr in total.

Link

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Costco has the 65B9 for $1799 including a $100 Costco cash card and Square Trade warranty

Must add both the TV and Square Trade warranty to cart, discount will be shown at checkout.
The total length of warranty will be 2yr (Costco warranty) + 3yr (SquareTrade) = 5yr
If you use Costco credit card (or almost any Citi credit card) it will give you another 2yr after the 5yr, so 7yr in total.

Link
$50 cash back, still a nice deal.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Greentoe accepted my offer of $2100 on a 65" E9 in about 15 minutes. Thata the lowest accepted number I've seen reported here on that model (by about $100) from an authorzed retailer. Given how quickly it was accepted, there may be a bit more room to squeeze a few more dollars out for someone else. Excited about the new tv - it'll replace a 10+ year old Panasonic TC-P50V10 50" plasma with just under 10,000 total hours.
Nope, got mine for $2049 on black Friday!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

Link
FYI, SquareTrade warranty does not cover burn in.

·
Registered
736 Posts
FYI, SquareTrade warranty does not cover burn in.
True that, but I dont think any warranty covers burn in except Best Buy and theirs is like $500 so there is that. Unless you really abuse the panel running same banner or game for 10+ hours straight days on end, I really don't think it'll be a problem.

·
Registered
736 Posts
65B9 $1499 from BuyDig through Google Shopping...price good through tomorrow

link

Make sure to add code: XYQCIC

Other discount will apply automatically at checkout.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greentoe accepted my offer of $2100 on a 65" E9 in about 15 minutes. Thata the lowest accepted number I've seen reported here on that model (by about $100) from an authorzed retailer. Given how quickly it was accepted, there may be a bit more room to squeeze a few more dollars out for someone else. Excited about the new tv - it'll replace a 10+ year old Panasonic TC-P50V10 50" plasma with just under 10,000 total hours.
I ordered the E9 from Beach Camera on Friday, it shipped today, I should have it Friday.
It was $2099.99 shipped plus tax, it came to $2223.50.
They were showing it on sale at 2996.99 but I emailed them and said I know they were selling them for less on Greentoe and I wanted to buy one at that price, the sales guy I got (Nathan) said the best he could do that day was $2099.99 for the 65" E9 and $1899.99 for the 65" C9

1001 - 1020 of 1144 Posts