·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So from reading that Samsung made no improvements for 2019.ry
More spying by your TV, same dimming zones, No HDMI 2.1, and No New design. It’s a tweaked 2018.

Funny how, it’s cheaper to try and sell 10-bit 8K Panels. And not 12-bit 4K Panels with HDMI 2.1

Looks like LG is the only one offering true 2019 HDMI 2.1 4K innovation for this year. Every other manufacturer is trying to scam people with 8K 10-bit Panels.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So from reading that Samsung made no improvements for 2019.ry
More spying by your TV, same dimming zones, No HDMI 2.1, and No New design. It’s a tweaked 2018.

Funny how, it’s cheaper to try and sell 10-bit 8K Panels. And not 12-bit 4K Panels with HDMI 2.1

Looks like LG is the only one offering true 2019 HDMI 2.1 4K innovation for this year. Every other manufacturer is trying to scam people with 8K 10-bit Panels.

I guess we read different links...

·
Registered
17,093 Posts

·
Banned
441 Posts
Do not understand Samsung, came to CES without new products

No models
No finished products
Except for 75 "+98" or 200 "+

NO HDMI 2.1 Full bandwidth

This is the worst exhibition I have ever seen at CES
ONLY 8K - That there is no content

·
Registered
721 Posts

No models
No finished products

Did they not show off a new 8K 2019 range and they also have a new 4k 2019 range. Just because things were shown behind closed doors does not mean they had nothing. They just weren't all shown to the public.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

No models
No finished products

Did they not show off a new 8K 2019 range and they also have a new 4k 2019 range. Just because things were shown behind closed doors does not mean they had nothing. They just weren't all shown to the public.

I understand what he is saying...

Why come to CES and not show your TVs everyone will buy to the public - and only show your ultra-expensive 8K TVs that are either not available yet or very few people will buy...?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

No models
No finished products

Agreed and yet Samsung will have it Own showing after the SuperBowl.
That being said the Rumors are Bad. Max 480 dimming zones Q9FN is the same No Dolby Vision support. No HDMI 2.1
Same 4K same design, just some Panel BS to give Wider Viewing angles. And $5,000 75” and $4,000 Q9FN with anew name. And Apple TV support.

So it’s a 2018.5 model. I really hope CNET and Rtings, straight up refuse to review 8K units.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Samsung should stop going with unnecessary gimmicks and fix severe issues that weren’t present in 2016 models. Issues like heavy dse, black crush, sdr undersaturation, broken game mode local dimming, and severe panel variance need to be addressed and fixed.

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
I understand what he is saying...

Why come to CES and not show your TVs everyone will buy to the public - and only show your ultra-expensive 8K TVs that are either not available yet or very few people will buy...?

Did Sony have the 950g and 900g on display anywhere at ces?

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
Agreed and yet Samsung will have it Own showing after the SuperBowl.
That being said the Rumors are Bad. Max 480 dimming zones Q9FN is the same No Dolby Vision support. No HDMI 2.1
Same 4K same design, just some Panel BS to give Wider Viewing angles. And $5,000 75” and $4,000 Q9FN with anew name. And Apple TV support.

So it’s a 2018.5 model. I really hope CNET and Rtings, straight up refuse to review 8K units.
Reviews are ok, but owners especially on here will give a better feeling for the set. Better to wait and see what owners say imo.

Reactions: AV Archivist

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
^I'm wondering...what does Sony have anything to do with the topic?
Because Sony didn't have their Main 4k lcd lineup at the show either, so it's not some out of the ordinary thing for Samsung not to have theirs on display.

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
^still has nothing to do with Sony...seemed more of a tit for tat post, it's all good though, their not doing anything different from their reveal last year.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did anyone actually read the whathifi review? It seems this new model is a step up from 2018 models. They concluded it had better blacks, punchier whites, better viewing angles and more vibrancy. This is a win for Samsung.

Linking again for reference - https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/samsung-2019-4k-qled

Yup, and that's what I got (and more) from the review also.

Should be interesting...

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
^still has nothing to do with Sony...seemed more of a tit for tat post, it's all good though, their not doing anything different from their reveal last year.

Actually it supports it 100%, that not all manufacturers bring their full lineup to ces.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
They've been saying that for the last past 5 years though.

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
Actually it supports it 100%, that not all manufacturers bring their lineup to ces. Go pick a fight somewhere else.
I'll post as I choose ray...don't need your permission. Your not the end all be all for samsung.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts