AVS Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2212 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Okay, my buddy is insisting there is a screen saver on this TV. This was a open box so I am sure there is not. I do see a slight edge but that looks like the anti-glare coating. Only reason I ask is because I will say the screen smears like it has a screen saver but I would think that would be easy to tell if it has one? Am I wrong?
IIRC the larger screens such as 82 and 85 don't come with a protective film. My 85 did not. If yours was open box I think it's a safe bet someone already removed the film if there was one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
New, fresh out of the box, my 65" did not have any protection.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My 75" had film over the entire screen and the thin black strip above the bottom bezel. Also a couple of grey "bumpers" on both sides of the screen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My 75" had film over the entire screen and the thin black strip above the bottom bezel. Also a couple of grey "bumpers" on both sides of the screen.
all you have to do tap the screen with a coin if it sound like glass then the screen protector and anti glare has been removed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
There was a guy in the Q90r thread who destroyed his tv a few months back trying to peel the non-existent screen protector.
That would be terrible. If you don't know if your TV has a screen protector still on it, then it probably doesn't. My 82" didn't. Only had the gray vertical bumpers and a screen protector around the bezel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe this was already mentioned in this thread. I have the 65 inch and found Intelligent Mode to work best for picture quality. I've tried the other modes and they didn't look as good. The movie Midnight Special has lots of dark scenes and is a good test for crushed black tone... Any comments on Intelligent Mode?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe this was already mentioned in this thread. I have the 65 inch and found Intelligent Mode to work best for picture quality. I've tried the other modes and they didn't look as good. The movie Midnight Special has lots of dark scenes and is a good test for crushed black tone... Any comments on Intelligent Mode?
Here's a link: Use the Intelligent Mode features on your TV

·
Registered
827 Posts
What is Intelligent Mode adding to your picture besides Adaptive Brightness? If you want a dimmer image you can just turn down the backlight yourself which gives you 100% control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this a common problem, but in my Q70R when I play some hours in my PS4 and try change to the cable receiver or another HDMI input have the "No Signal" message but I can hear sounds. Anyone have an idea about this, thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi, I don't know if this a common problem, but in my Q70R when I play some hours in my PS4 and try change to the cable receiver or another HDMI input have the "No Signal" message but I can hear sounds. Anyone have an idea about this, thanks
When you switch to another input and then back to the input with sound only, does it correct itself? Could be a handshake issue.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does local dimming on this work when in PC or Gaming mode and does it drastically affect input lag? I intend to use this as a monitor so don't want to pay the extra for a local dimming set if its going to be off with a pc connected to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does local dimming on this work when in PC or Gaming mode and does it drastically affect input lag? I intend to use this as a monitor so don't want to pay the extra for a local dimming set if its going to be off with a pc connected to it.
Using it as a monitor too. Yes, local dimming works in every mode. In game mode it's a bit less effective though (to reduce input lag). The newer models are doing it better in this regard (Q80T is the real successor to the Q70R if you are interested).
I'm not sure if it's less effective in PC mode too, but it's definitely active!
I have no noticable input lag in both modes. They're designed to have very low input lag.
And yes, I'm very happy with the Q70R as a monitor! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
It has it but VRR over HDMI with a Nvidia GPU doesn't actually work(tested using the Nvidia pendulum demo) even though you can turn on Gsync. I haven't tested this in 6 months though.

Freesync VRR with an AMD GPU or XBox should work though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It has it but VRR over HDMI with a Nvidia GPU doesn't actually work(tested using the Nvidia pendulum demo) even though you can turn on Gsync. I haven't tested this in 6 months though.

Freesync VRR with an AMD GPU or XBox should work though.
Yeah, recent Nvidia cards CAN send a VRR signal, but Samsung has to release an update to actually accept it properly, though they are supposedly working on it: Samsung working to get G-Sync certification for its QLED TVs

2141 - 2160 of 2212 Posts