AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2227 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having some issues.

My 65" Q70R volume is completely stuck. It will only move 3 units up or down from 29-31. I can not adjust volume with the remote OR the smart things app. When using mute it will not come out of mute unless you turn it on and off. Sometimes remote blinks and stops working, needs to pair often. It has been seriously glitching out unable to launch apps. Samsung support is sending someone out, luckily I am still covered by the warranty. Running latest firmware and did factory resets, nothing works.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi just got this tv open box so i dont know if the screen protector was already peeled or not i kind of see one but i dont know if i should remove it maybe is the antiglare coat can anyone confirm? thank you.
dont peel the bottom strip one.. that supposed to be there.. Looking closer to the screen, the display is semi-gloss.. if that's the case then may be it has been already peeled off. Check the top left corner in case there is still a layer of plastic protection.

On another note, q70r coating/reflection is not really ideal for lots of natural day light coming especially if you're watching darker movies. Just as x900h and other va mid range tv.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can anybody compare this to a x900h please? As far as I can tell this tv has the best contrast ratio of any lcd, and has better brightness and hdr compared to the sony x900h as well. I have read hat free sync is almost worthless on this tv because of ghosting issues.. Is there no ghosting as long as freesync is turned off?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Can anybody compare this to a x900h please? As far as I can tell this tv has the best contrast ratio of any lcd, and has better brightness and hdr compared to the sony x900h as well. I have read hat free sync is almost worthless on this tv because of ghosting issues.. Is there no ghosting as long as freesync is turned off?
Google this: rtngs q70r vs x900h. This should help you see the differences.

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Going by rtings, the Q70R is better... but that's not always the real truth...
They state a lot of factual information in these reviews. Whether or not they are discernable during normal viewing conditions is dependent on the viewer. I don't always swear by them but it is a good place to start researching.
Personally, I find that Samsung is good for vibrant colors and gaming. Sony is good for color accuracy and motion handling. You may find it different. We can't tell you what's best for your viewing since we all have different tastes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beware of ghosting guys! As much as I love this TV I hate it for that fact.

These are my complaints based on my experience, if someone finds them useful:
  • Purple/Green silhouette in characters/objects in motion scenes while gaming (ghosting). I find it very annoying when you notice it. We have been addressing it in official Samsung forums to no avail.
  • Color banding with greys. I'm still thinking about professionally calibrating my TV, but I doubt this will be much mitigated.
  • Software Bluetooth issues. If you use HDMI ARC for your soundbar and want to plug in BT headphones it always jumps back to the soundbar after some seconds. The only workaround is to manually disable Anynet every time. Same, addressed to Samsung to no avail.

·
Registered
373 Posts

• Purple/Green silhouette in characters/objects in motion scenes while gaming (ghosting). I find it very annoying when you notice it. We have been addressing it in official Samsung forums to no avail.
  • Color banding with greys. I'm still thinking about professionally calibrating my TV, but I doubt this will be much mitigated.
  • Software Bluetooth issues. If you use HDMI ARC for your soundbar and want to plug in BT headphones it always jumps back to the soundbar after some seconds. The only workaround is to manually disable Anynet every time. Same, addressed to Samsung to no avail.
So THAT’S what ghosting is. I thought it was part of the presentation of NBA 2K21. I will have to look again but I thought I saw it with static images when VRR was enabled on the Xbone.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Are you noticing the green/purple hue in Game Mode? I only see it not using Game Mode and usually only around some light sources in games. Like the overhead oval light fixture in Gears 5 near the beginning of the mission Rocket Plan. The hue when panning the camera on the light is there when not in Game Mode, and gone when in Game Mode. But, it doesn't bother me enough to need to play in Game Mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have my TV connected to my computer and two times now I've had artifacts and static sound on boot of the computer. Like you can get form a bad hdmi cable.

Thing is tho, that removing the hdmi from the computer and putting it back in removes the issue.

What can it be?

Q70r 55 inch using a nvidia msi 2070 super.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
I have my TV connected to my computer and two times now I've had artifacts and static sound on boot of the computer. Like you can get form a bad hdmi cable.

Thing is tho, that removing the hdmi from the computer and putting it back in removes the issue.

What can it be?

Q70r 55 inch using a nvidia msi 2070 super.
Dirty contacts. Push in and out HDMI ends several times while systems, off to clean.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My 75Q7FN failed and Samsung can't repair it so they are refunding me. I'm getting mixed info on the 2020 Q70T and the 2019 Q70R which can still be replaced. The price difference is only $100 but it seems the 2020 model is Edge it vs this TV is full array. Is it still worth getting this model? Any other model that can be considered for sub $2k?

BTW: The TV is located in the family room with big sliding doors and lots of windows. Nothing direct but enough to be quite bright.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My 75Q7FN failed and Samsung can't repair it so they are refunding me. I'm getting mixed info on the 2020 Q70T and the 2019 Q70R which can still be replaced. The price difference is only $100 but it seems the 2020 model is Edge it vs this TV is full array. Is it still worth getting this model? Any other model that can be considered for sub $2k?

BTW: The TV is located in the family room with big sliding doors and lots of windows. Nothing direct but enough to be quite bright.
The 2019 Q70R will be a slight improvement over the Q7FN. The local dimming will help with black levels. I'd avoid the 2020 Q70T since it is edge lit and is equivalent to the 2019 Q60R. The 2020 Q80T is similar to the Q70R. The Q80T uses Samsung's Ultra Viewing Angle layer so the viewing angles are wider, but the contrast ratio is lower.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
FW explanation:

Update version 1361.0 - July 2020
Improvement of the game mode (reduction of ghost symptoms)
A bug has been fixed where there could be fluctuations in brightness when switching.
An error when playing videos in the multi-video stream has been corrected.

Reactions: NotShorty

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just got an update notification for firmware 1371. Guess I'll see if I notice any changes anywhere. Would be nice to know what the updates address in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have the Spears & Munsil Benchmark UHD?

When played back with a Panasonic UB420, when viewing the HDR brightness section, I get black crush on 2%. No matter what I set the brightness to, I cannot see the 2% bar. However, when I change Contrast Enhacer to any setting other than off, I get a quick flash of the 2% bar, but it settles back to the crush.

Do I have a setting wrong elsewhere, or does the PQ curve on the Q70R simply crush the 2%?

(The 2% bar is viewable on the SDR pattern.)

·
Registered
Samsung QN85Q70R - Samsung UN65KS8000 - Denon AVR-X1200W - PS4 Pro - PS3 - Samsung UBD-K8500
46 Posts
Just got an update notification for firmware 1371. Guess I'll see if I notice any changes anywhere. Would be nice to know what the updates address in advance.
Fingers crossed on eArc! Though not holding breath at this point.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great.. mine has been working nice since i purchased it.. Hope they don't break it, lol. Even if i turn off autoupdate, it is still updating by itself. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Fingers crossed on eArc! Though not holding breath at this point.
Still no eARC. Game Mode still drops the backlight flicker to 120Hz and the local dimming in Game Mode still isn't as good as outside Game Mode.

2161 - 2180 of 2227 Posts