AVS Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2500 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung QN85Q70R - Samsung UN65KS8000 - Denon AVR-X1200W - PS4 Pro - PS3 - Samsung UBD-K8500
55 Posts
Is there a list of the Built-in apps that pass through Dolby Atmos content? I just tried Apple TV+, and it doesn’t appear to pass through Dolby Atmos. I’m wondering which of the built-in apps pass through Dolby Atmos content. I know prime video does.
Netflix as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you guys not getting lip sync issues with DD using ARC?

Because I am. It drives me crazy and the only reason I wish I had another tv.

·
Registered
990 Posts
How do our owners think this TV stacks up against the newest 4K LCD sets available today?
Depends on the TV being compared. Obviously 4K120 and 4K60 4:4:4 HDR would be great, but I still like my Q70R. My PS5 either has to be set to 8-bit 4:2:2 HDR or 12-bit 4:2:0 HDR. The -2 transfer rate on PS5 is 12-bit according to my AVR. Though, PS5 can be set to 8-bit 4:4:4 HDR at 1080p. 4K Blu-ray movies are 4:2:0 and they look great so it's not really an issue.

·
Registered
885 Posts
What does it mean when you can see and select "Receiver (HDMI)" from the Sound Output menu but, after selecting Receiver, the choice defaults back to "TV Speaker" as soon as you press "Close" or return to get out of that menu?

All of my wiring, cables and AVR settings are kosher as far as I can tell. This is the issue that's precluding me from being able to listen to TV/Netflix (via the onboard app) through my receiver as best as I can currently tell.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you guys were going to upgrade from this Tv to a newer Samsung model, solely for PS5 reasons, which would it be? Im gutted there has been no HDMI 2.1 update..

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you guys were going to upgrade from this Tv to a newer Samsung model, solely for PS5 reasons, which would it be? Im gutted there has been no HDMI 2.1 update..
I'd wait and read reviews for the new models releasing this year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I may end up going for one of the mini LED 2021 samsungs.

Will probably wait until black friday to see what deals there are.

I am pretty happy with my 82, but I am wishing I went with the 85, and a higher end model with the reflective coating.

I have a series x, and honestly I don't really care about the HDMI 2.1. I wouldn't play in 120hz mode, even if I had the option.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in the TV upgrade program so this September I get a new one. I am looking at those throw projectors they got out now, those look interesting and I think they can go up to a 120+ screen size. That would be perfect for my sitting area as were about 25 feet away from the TV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do any of you have Assassin's Creed: Valhalla on PS5? What do you set the Maximum Luminance in Options too? Mine is on 1000 Cd/m2...

·
Registered
Samsung QN85Q70R - Samsung UN65KS8000 - Denon AVR-X1200W - PS4 Pro - PS3 - Samsung UBD-K8500
55 Posts
It looks like the eArc update rumblings are starting a bit again, with Samsung saying in the UK the 2019 models already have an update available (source is Samsung forums). Anybody in the UK able to verify?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It looks like the eArc update rumblings are starting a bit again, with Samsung saying in the UK the 2019 models already have an update available (source is Samsung forums). Anybody in the UK able to verify?
Yes 1374 has been available in the UK on Samsung's website since 29th December, just not sure what it updates..

·
Registered
40 Posts
English version of that German changelog site:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes 1374 has been available in the UK on Samsung's website since 29th December, just not sure what it updates..
A Samsung repped confirmed it was eArc via Twitter... but I haven’t found any proof of someone getting it to work.
That change log site in German isn’t updated yet.

2441 - 2460 of 2500 Posts