AVS Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2500 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's the Official Soundbar that goes with this Tv? I have the Samsung HW-K430 connected via Optical cable (I paid £129 for it about 3 years ago) and was wondering if its worth upgrading..

I have Sky Q & a PS5..

·
Registered
413 Posts
What's the Official Soundbar that goes with this Tv? I have the Samsung HW-K430 connected via Optical cable (I paid £129 for it about 3 years ago) and was wondering if its worth upgrading..

I have Sky Q & a PS5..
Q70R soundbar. Not kidding. I bought it for my other tv along with the surround speakers. I like it.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
What does it mean when you can see and select "Receiver (HDMI)" from the Sound Output menu but, after selecting Receiver, the choice defaults back to "TV Speaker" as soon as you press "Close" or return to get out of that menu?

All of my wiring, cables and AVR settings are kosher as far as I can tell. This is the issue that's precluding me from being able to listen to TV/Netflix (via the onboard app) through my receiver as best as I can currently tell.
Hi Paul.R.S, your issue with ARC is interesting where it switches itself to TV Speaker after selecting Receiver (HDMI). You may already done this but first make sure settings are correct with the receiver and TV for ARC.
On the receiver settings, enable HDMI Control and ARC and on TV settings, enable AnyNet+ (which should be enabled by default) and select sound Receiver (HDMI).
Connect HDMI cable from receiver HDMI Out 1 (ARC) to TV HDMI 4 (ARC).
And before re-testing ARC, remove optical cable from TV to receiver as this might confuse the receiver and/or TV. If ARC is working the receiver should auto switch to TV Audio by default.

Some suggestion to test ARC:
  1. try using a HDMI with ethernet cable from TV to receiver and re-test ARC
  2. remove all HDMI input cables from receiver and TV (except HDMI cable for ARC) and re-test ARC
  3. disable all blue-tooth devices, phones, receiver, TV, headphones, etc.. and check Samsung Multi-Output Audio is not enabled...General > Accessibility > Multi-Output Audio (note: if this is enabled then something is still connected) and re-test ARC
  4. If still not able to get ARC working. remove HDMI cable from TV HDMI 4 (ARC) input, power down TV and receiver, remove TV and receiver power cords, wait for about 15-30 minutes. Plug in the receiver and TV power cords. Turn on TV and receiver and then connect HDMI cable to TV HDMI 4 (ARC). Go into Samsung menu and make sure AnyNet+ is enabled and sound Receiver (HDMI) is selected. Also go into receiver menu and make sure HDMI Control and ARC is enabled. Now select the TV app to play and hopefully ARC will auto switch receiver to TV Audio.
Disclaimer for testing 4: some device does not recommend removing or connecting HDMI cable when device is power on, so try at your own risk. Just note I have done this (twice) with no ill effect when Receiver (HDMI) option disappear from the sound menu.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Q70R soundbar. Not kidding. I bought it for my other tv along with the surround speakers. I like it.

Q70T? Is that the one? £499 though? Is there that much of a difference between my HW-K430 to spend that much? I've heard good things about Dolby Atmos though..

Edit: I bit the bullet & ordered one, arrives Wednesday to go with my 55" Q70R! Can't wait!! So it goes in HDMI 4 right? HDMI ARC?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Q70T? Is that the one? £499 though? Is there that much of a difference between my HW-K430 to spend that much? I've heard good things about Dolby Atmos though..

Edit: I bit the bullet & ordered one, arrives Wednesday to go with my 55" Q70R! Can't wait!! So it goes in HDMI 4 right? HDMI ARC?
In 2019 Samsung made a Q70R tv and Q70R soundbar. So, those 2 go together, per se. Same with the Q70T for 2020.

Either soundbar will work with your tv.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In 2019 Samsung made a Q70R tv and Q70R soundbar. So, those 2 go together, per se. Same with the Q70T for 2020.

Either soundbar will work with your tv.

Ohhh i get it now, thanks! I could only find the Q70T soundbar so was confused, but i've ordered it to go with my Q70R Tv anyway. Got it for £499 down from £699!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ohhh i get it now, thanks! I could only find the Q70T soundbar so was confused, but i've ordered it to go with my Q70R Tv anyway. Got it for £499 down from £699!
I recommend getting the surround speakers. Make a big difference.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
What's the difference between the Q7DR (Q70R) and the Q70T?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Reactions: crownrai

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys, could someone tell me how to find , the scan for local channels, on this TV?
I hooked up a antenna in the attic as backup just in case I need it, got all the local channels on my other tvs, but I can't find how to do it on this mega bucks TV.
Nothing in source or settings

·
Registered
236 Posts
Broadcasting - Auto Program, in the tv menu

2461 - 2480 of 2500 Posts