AVS Forum banner

2581 - 2591 of 2591 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question regarding "Game Enhancer". Does it cause input-lag? Couldnt find any info on that. When playing Ego-Shooters with keyboard and mouse, it feels like there is some small delay with it on.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Question regarding "Game Enhancer". Does it cause input-lag? Couldnt find any info on that. When playing Ego-Shooters with keyboard and mouse, it feels like there is some small delay with it on.
I haven't seen any measured data. Is Game Enhancer adding any processing? I thought it was just changing the contrast when I tried the setting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A different question. I'm sure I saw this at some time here but, how can I check and see what resolution is currently being displayed on my screen?
To bring up the Info with the default One Remote, do the following:
  1. Press the "123" button to open the number select menu
  2. Press the "123" button again to select the "More" option
  3. Finally press the OK/Enter button (center of the nav circle) to open "Info".

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The 123 button will give resolution info when using external devices, and you can just press the center button once when using an external device. The only built-in TV app I've used that will show resolution is Netflix (will show resolution and Mbps of the video). Also when using an external device like a video game console, you'll only get the resolution the console is using. Disney+ on PS4/PS5 is 1080p SDR, but the TV will display 4K HDR info since that's what the PS4/PS5 will be running.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Curious what other Q70r owners are using for Game Mode settings with Xbox Series X. I run HDMI direct to the Q70, optic for audio. Any suggestions for smooth trouble free gameplay? Is VRR or FreeSyc even worth using?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Curious what other Q70r owners are using for Game Mode settings with Xbox Series X. I run HDMI direct to the Q70, optic for audio. Any suggestions for smooth trouble free gameplay? Is VRR or FreeSyc even worth using?
I am not using anything but game mode. None of that game mode plus crap. My Xbox Series X is plugged into a Denon 4700H so I don't get VRR. Atmos is more important to me and since the tv can't pass audio over HDMI without serious lag, this is the best I can get.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not using anything but game mode. None of that game mode plus crap. My Xbox Series X is plugged into a Denon 4700H so I don't get VRR. Atmos is more important to me and since the tv can't pass audio over HDMI without serious lag, this is the best I can get.

I would actually recommend using "dynamic black equalizer" on 1. Makes darker areas in games better visible and boosts contrast in brighter scenes. So you get the best of both worlds. Its a good alternative to using "gamma 2.2" since that washes out the image a bit too much for my taste. So my combo is: btt1886 and dynamic black equalizer both on 1.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I game in Movie Mode with 960Hz enabled (turning off Auto Motion). The input lag isn't bad and it offers the best picture quality. My consoles are plugged into my AVR so no VRR for me, but the games I'm playing don't have fluctuating framerates. ARC has horrible audio lag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sorry if this question has already been posted (I tried to screen the thread but couldn't find anything):

Does anyone own a 55 inch Q70r and successfully activate FreeSync with one of the new RTX 3000 series cards?

My concern so far has been the rtings.com review where they stated back in Dec 2019 that "the Samsung Q70R doesn't work properly with NVIDIA's current Adaptive Sync drivers" (Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED Review (QN49Q70RAFXZA, QN55Q70RAFXZA, QN65Q70RAFXZA, QN75Q70RAFXZA, QN82Q70RAFXZA, QN85Q70RAFXZA)).

I also read elsewhere that since then a bunch of firmware updates have been made but so far not 100% clear whether any of these fixed that issue.

This is quite important because so far I have been restricting myself to buy a new Gaming Desktop with AMD GPU rather than NVIDIA due to this FreeSync compatibility issue. However due to the GPU shortages, 3000 series cards are actually more available at the moment.

I aim to play at 4k 60Hz with FreeSync enabled.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi sorry if this question has already been posted (I tried to screen the thread but couldn't find anything):

Does anyone own a 55 inch Q70r and successfully activate FreeSync with one of the new RTX 3000 series cards?

My concern so far has been the rtings.com review where they stated back in Dec 2019 that "the Samsung Q70R doesn't work properly with NVIDIA's current Adaptive Sync drivers" (Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED Review (QN49Q70RAFXZA, QN55Q70RAFXZA, QN65Q70RAFXZA, QN75Q70RAFXZA, QN82Q70RAFXZA, QN85Q70RAFXZA)).

I also read elsewhere that since then a bunch of firmware updates have been made but so far not 100% clear whether any of these fixed that issue.

This is quite important because so far I have been restricting myself to buy a new Gaming Desktop with AMD GPU rather than NVIDIA due to this FreeSync compatibility issue. However due to the GPU shortages, 3000 series cards are actually more available at the moment.

I aim to play at 4k 60Hz with FreeSync enabled.

Many thanks!
I tried it a few days ago and I couldnt really get it to work. Nvidia Driver recognizes the FreeSync Capability but as soon as I activate it in the driver (doesnt matter if I use ultimate or normal) the screen starts to flicker (short blackouts every few seconds). Maybe some people got it working but I cant see how. Flicker gets especially bad when I start a game. What I have to say though, my desktop is running at 120hz 1440p. But the games I tried used 2160p 60hz.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I tried it a few days ago and I couldnt really get it to work. Nvidia Driver recognizes the FreeSync Capability but as soon as I activate it in the driver (doesnt matter if I use ultimate or normal) the screen starts to flicker (short blackouts every few seconds). Maybe some people got it working but I cant see how. Flicker gets especially bad when I start a game. What I have to say though, my desktop is running at 120hz 1440p. But the games I tried used 2160p 60hz.
I had the flicker issue with my Xbox Series X but that was through my Denon 4700 receiver. Directly into the tv worked fine. Not sure if this helps...

2581 - 2591 of 2591 Posts