AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1911 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

Couldn't find a Q80R thread so decided to start one and see if there are others interested in the Q80r. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. Coming from a 13 year old Samsung, this is certainly a big jump for me and was hoping to find others to trade info, settings, and what not.

Any others out there purchased or looking to purchase the Q80?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello All,

Couldn't find a Q80R thread so decided to start one and see if there are others interested in the Q80R.ine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. Coming from a 13 year old Samsung, this is certainly a big jump for me and was hoping to find others to trade info, settings, and what not.

Any others out there purchased or looking to purchase the Q80?
Thank you for opening this thread
I m interested by the Q80R and q85r (only Europe)
Still, very keen to hear your feedback as could be the sweet spot set
Congrats again on your purchase and finger crossed it is a good one

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Hoping I get a good set as well. I'm by no means an expert on all the latest tech and lingo but I'll do my best to provide feedback.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Samsung's website just listed the 55 inch q80r size today as a placeholder. Previously there was only 65 inch size. No price on it yet. I'm hoping it will be around $1500 with their discount pricing. Will probably get that one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Excellent! Looking forward to hearing your experiences with this tv as the most affordable of the models with the new wide angle viewing technology.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Samsung's website just listed the 55 inch q80r size today as a placeholder. Previously there was only 65 inch size. No price on it yet. I'm hoping it will be around $1500 with their discount pricing. Will probably get that one.
I'm waiting for the 55" too. I would've opted for the Q90R if it had full fat hdmi 2.1 but I prefer 55" over 65", and I figure I'll get this one and replace it in 2 years when HDMI 2.1 is ubiquitous on TVs and graphics cards.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're lucky. My 9-1 delivery window has come and gone and I'm still waiting. Just spoke to their delivery company AGS and it's going to be another hour and a half at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're lucky. My 9-1 delivery window has come and gone and I'm still waiting. Just spoke to their delivery company AGS and it's going to be another hour and a half at least.
That sucks. AGS brought mine yesterday. They handed it off to a local delivery company who brought it to me right on time. I'm counting down the clock until I'm off work so I can go mess with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That sucks. AGS brought mine yesterday. They handed it off to a local delivery company who brought it to me right on time. I'm counting down the clock until I'm off work so I can go mess with it.
I am sure you can think of a plausible emergency to go home early...
I think your water pipes are leaking plus fridge collapsed or a bull run into your house...
Please come back home and check 🙂
Half joking, finally some owners

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is it true the 80r has 96 dimming zones? If that is the case I think the blooming problem from q8fn will finally be fixed.

I want to preorder the 55inch 80r but there is some glitch on Samsung's website. It doesnt give me the option to sign up for Samsung upgrade or Samsung premium care.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I swear the company Samsung uses for shipping, AGS, is the worse. First they were a no show during my delivery window of 9-1. Then when I called after an hour had already passed, I was told another 90 minutes. Now I am told by 6pm. Wtf!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the guy finally shows up a little after 6. After waiting for the TV to get up to room temperature, I was finally able to connect it and test it out. Granted I'm only using 1080p sources at the moment as I'm too tired to redo my HT setup with the new 4k receiver. Can't wait to watch some 4k content. Coming from a 13 year old TV, the picture is amazing. Viewing angles are great. Since I am no expert by any means, I am not sure how to tell if I have DSE, banding, blooming, etc that others are worried about. If someone could give me an idea as to how to look for these issues, I'd be happy to check and provide feedback.

For now, I am loving my new set. Will definitely post more once I have a chance to watch some 4k movies and play around with the settings.

·
Registered
464 Posts
So the guy finally shows up a little after 6. After waiting for the TV to get up to room temperature, I was finally able to connect it and test it out. Granted I'm only using 1080p sources at the moment as I'm too tired to redo my HT setup with the new 4k receiver. Can't wait to watch some 4k content. Coming from a 13 year old TV, the picture is amazing. Viewing angles are great. Since I am no expert by any means, I am not sure how to tell if I have DSE, banding, blooming, etc that others are worried about. If someone could give me an idea as to how to look for these issues, I'd be happy to check and provide feedback.

For now, I am loving my new set. Will definitely post more once I have a chance to watch some 4k movies and play around with the settings.
How's that anti reflective coat?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

How's the vertical viewing angle when viewing from higher or lower than center?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1911 Posts