AVS Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2084 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I only use apps Netflix, Amazon Prime and You Tube. Right now I'm trying to see The Midnight Sky on the tvs Netflix and I can select Dolby Digital Plus but there is no sound from the receiver. If I select regular DD I get sound. What is wrong? You can see in the second image that Netflix says it has Atmos and the tv lets me sellect DD+ but I get no audio from the receiver.
I wonder if its some setting in the AVR, or an ARC setting on the tv. When I get a chance I will try it.
Do you have the denon app on any devices? When I use the tv apps ond not my firestick, I have to use the app to adjust audio and stuff as there is no gui when watching for 4k. You might also want to post this in the appropriate Denon forum for your 6400, I have the 3400 so it should be very similiar.
Currently watching football but will check later and post the results for you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I only use apps Netflix, Amazon Prime and You Tube. Right now I'm trying to see The Midnight Sky on the tvs Netflix and I can select Dolby Digital Plus but there is no sound from the receiver. If I select regular DD I get sound. What is wrong? You can see in the second image that Netflix says it has Atmos and the tv lets me sellect DD+ but I get no audio from the receiver.
Here is what I am seeing using the netflix app from TV.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess my next steps will be:
1 -try a different hdmi cable
2 -factory reset receiver
All suggestions are welcome.
Do you get sound with compatibilty off? Are there other apps you can try, APrime, Apple?
Is the latest firmware on tv? what are your setting in the Denon? Just guessing here with this.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do you get sound with compatibilty off? Are there other apps you can try, APrime, Apple?
Is the latest firmware on tv? what are your setting in the Denon? Just guessing here with this.
Compability Off? Where is that setting?
What settings in my Denon Receiver could make that happen?
The same thing happens with tv apps Prime and Netflix. Those are the only ones I'm subscribed.
I understand that bothcthe tv and the receiver have latest firmware.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Compability Off? Where is that setting?
What settings in my Denon Receiver could make that happen?
The same thing happens with tv apps Prime and Netflix. Those are the only ones I'm subscribed.
I understand that bothcthe tv and the receiver have latest firmware.
Check my previous attachment, it is under sound settings-expert.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the 80r sitting at home. I'm going to have it setup when I get home tonight.
Ah yes in the tv settings. They are the same as yours. The only difference is that I get no audio when selecting DD+. And I can confirm this happens with Netflix and Amazon tv apps.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ah yes in the tv settings. They are the same as yours. The only difference is that I get no audio when selecting DD+. And I can confirm this happens with Netflix and Amazon tv apps.
Where are you picking dd+, on the denon? I don't see that listed on the tv.

·
Registered
281 Posts
In the photo of the tv settings you posted you have selected Dolby Digital +. If you go to the drop down there should be 3 options PCM, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital +.
Sorry I see that now:)
Maybe the new firmware that was posted will help.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
There is a new firmware? Since when? I think my tv has the last one. Will have to check again.
Well, the firmware he posted is older then mine, not thinking straight this am, not sure where Eventor got that.
Like I said, you may need to get more info from a Denon forum as you seem to have everything set correctly on the tv.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well, the firmware he posted is older then mine, not thinking straight this am, not sure where Eventor got that.
Like I said, you may need to get more info from a Denon forum as you seem to have everything set correctly on the tv.
I've read the post. He actually had a typo the firmware number is 1374.0 and is new. It has yesterday's date. But it is for the Q85R. I understand it should work for our model too, but I can't confirm. Someone, please let us know. This is the link for the firmware.
2019 55" Q85R QLED 4K HDR 1500 Smart TV | Samsung Support UK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, I meant to write 1374. It's available in Europe here:
It should enable eARC, but it doesn't seem to be working with Series X for example.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've read the post. He actually had a typo the firmware number is 1374.0 and is new. It has yesterday's date. But it is for the Q85R. I understand it should work for our model too, but I can't confirm. Someone, please let us know. This is the link for the firmware.
2019 55" Q85R QLED 4K HDR 1500 Smart TV | Samsung Support UK
The firmware is in fact also for our model, at least the UK version of our model.
2019 55" Q80R QLED 4K HDR 1500 Smart TV | Samsung Support UK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, tried running update from usb and no go, guess it doesn't work on our Q80r's?

2021 - 2040 of 2084 Posts