AVS Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1930 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is there a way to check the resolution of the Netflix, Amazon Prime or Disney Plus apps installed on the Q80r? I just want to make sure they are broadcasting in 4K.
I was hoping to know the answer of this one too. Does anyone know how to do this? thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Relax.

Thank you Joe,
Wouldn't I be able to see a sheet cover while I am watching tv? I examined the screen initially and found styrafoam rubs on the screen. I got most off with my microfiber towel and some water and a bit of pressure. I have been running my fingernail around the edges looking for a grab point.

I also have a Harmony one. It is am older model but I will see what I can do.I doubt I will get the tv navigation screen with the apps and stuff up with the harmony.

What is the Hockey test?
Lol. Don't worry about the Hockey test. It's a youtube video that shows how dirty your screen can be and I don't recommend unless you really think you need to see something you'll get stuck thinking about other issues not worth returning, also to save you from that g*# d$*# song. I'm not sure what screen size your TV is, but rumor has it that the larger screen TVs beyond 65 inch sometimes do not have a screen film protection, based on previous posts on this forum. If you think it looks good. Sit back and enjoy.:cool:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Thank you Joe,
Wouldn't I be able to see a sheet cover while I am watching tv? I examined the screen initially and found styrafoam rubs on the screen. I got most off with my microfiber towel and some water and a bit of pressure. I have been running my fingernail around the edges looking for a grab point.

I also have a Harmony one. It is am older model but I will see what I can do.I doubt I will get the tv navigation screen with the apps and stuff up with the harmony.

What is the Hockey test?
You should be able to see it. Mine had a peel sticker in the upper left corner. That they don’t protect every screen is weird. It’s clear but would impart a shiny surface as opposed to the almost matte surface. Earlier a member got an 82” with no cover. I have a 65” and it had the sheet on it.

I was the OP of the Harmony One forum. My last One ended years ago. It should still use the same database and have the QR80. So the inputs would match up. The Smart features won’t be direct button. I think the 3 specials are in the database.

As for the DSE test, this...

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I am not stupid. As soon as my TV was mounted I started searching for a plastic film on the screen. After magnifying glass and using my finger nail to see if anything pried free or would catch. I eventually started shining my flash lite at an angle on the screen. Once I powered it up and saw it in action, I figured there was no screen film.

This time ( thanks to Joe)I was much more aggressive with my fingernail and a little plastic lifted about a 32nd of an inch. I left it and still have the protection in place.

Now here is the big question. Should I be like my old old aunt that back in the 1960's, I would visit her house and the lamp shades and furniture were still covered in the plastic. or wait till I finish remodeling and tear it off? Lol.
OMG! Get that thing off. It’s totally messing up the image! LOL.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This TV has a glass screen. On top of the glass screen there is a plastic coating, it is optical grade plastic it protects the screen from damage. It also cute down on the glare, if you peel it off you will have nothing but a glass screen and the TV will be ruined, I'm not talking about the plastic sheet which came with the tab during shipping.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was hoping to know the answer of this one too. Does anyone know how to do this? thank you.
For Netflix press the 123 button then press 6 and 6 again then info Netflix out put video will be 15.25/2160 you can also go to settings picture mode will tell you if it is Hdr10 all so go to search on Netflix and type In Dolby Atmos to see what movies are Dolby Atmos.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For Netflix press the 123 button then press 6 and 6 again then info Netflix out put video will be 15.25/2160 you can also go to settings picture mode will tell you if it is Hdr10 all so go to search on Netflix and type In Dolby Atmos to see what movies are Dolby Atmos.

i did read in another posts that Samsung QN 65 Q80 have HDMI 2.0:rolleyes:...........make no sense...must have

HDMI2.1 for HDR , HDR+ , HDR10 that is in that 4 K TV !!!!!!! i will have mine in 2 weeks.

on Samsung specs. nothing on HDMI Output.....you guys have the Q80...can you give me light before i get paranoid lolllllllllll:eek:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Has anyone successfully gotten Dolby Atmos to work using the built-in apps and sending audio via ARC to a receiver? In my case (Q70R), my receiver shows Dolby Digital Plus, but not Atmos. Clicking the Atmos box on the TV seems to have no effect either way. (Netflix "Lost in Space", for example)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has anyone successfully gotten Dolby Atmos to work using the built-in apps and sending audio via ARC to a receiver? In my case (Q70R), my receiver shows Dolby Digital Plus, but not Atmos. Clicking the Atmos box on the TV seems to have no effect either way. (Netflix "Lost in Space", for example)

You will never have Dolby ATMOST sound and Dolby Vision (similar to your HDR10+) with Samsung 4K.

CHECK that link and on the menu/TV you will se all best LCD 4K& OLED 4K including your Q70 LCD &

OLED 4K TV:https://h-m-entertainment.com/samsung-q80r-review

i found my answer: Samsung has HDMI 2.0b (so i am fine for HDR10+ )

Samsung DONT have Dolby Vision ( a bit similar to HDR 10+) and no DOLBY ATMOST sound.

Not sure if i will change model to a Panasonic Oled Z1000

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just purchased my Q80 about a month ago. I orginally purchased a C9 and although the picture and motion were fantastic, I couldn't deal with the reflections. I have actually been pretty pleased with the picture quality of this TV. My only gripe is the motion blur I have been seeing when watching football. I have Mediacom tivo service with the box resolution set at 1080p although auto recommends 4K. The motion just seems slightly better with 1080p and motion settings either off or at blur 10 and judder at 3. I have also tried game mode and although that helps a little as well, the picture quality doesn't seem as good. Would a factory reset maybe help this issue? I'm on firmware 1335. Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i did read in another posts that Samsung QN 65 Q80 have HDMI 2.0:rolleyes:...........make no sense...must have

HDMI2.1 for HDR , HDR+ , HDR10 that is in that 4 K TV !!!!!!! i will have mine in 2 weeks.

on Samsung specs. nothing on HDMI Output.....you guys have the Q80...can you give me light before i get paranoid lolllllllllll:eek:

Pretty sure just the LG B9, C9 and SM9000 have HDMI 2.1 (based on rtings.com's comparison tool)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pretty sure just the LG B9, C9 and SM9000 have HDMI 2.1 (based on rtings.com's comparison tool)

JUST ck on a forum specs :SAMSUNG Q 80 has HDMI 2.0b......just fine for HDR+10 (almost the same as Dolby Vision)...........BUT with 8K TV all harware will need HDMI 2.1

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ok it works now, I needed to do a factory reset on my Sony receiver (STR-DH790 / STRDH790)

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
SONY STR-DH790. I also updated my post with this info[/QUOTE

ok your receiver has Dolby Atmos not your Samsung 4K......is that you case?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Just purchased my Q80 about a month ago. I orginally purchased a C9 and although the picture and motion were fantastic, I couldn't deal with the reflections. I have actually been pretty pleased with the picture quality of this TV. My only gripe is the motion blur I have been seeing when watching football. I have Mediacom tivo service with the box resolution set at 1080p although auto recommends 4K. The motion just seems slightly better with 1080p and motion settings either off or at blur 10 and judder at 3. I have also tried game mode and although that helps a little as well, the picture quality doesn't seem as good. Would a factory reset maybe help this issue? I'm on firmware 1335. Thanks in advance for any responses.
I have Auto Motion set to Custom, Blur 10, Judder 3, LED off. Things look good to me. Check some of the configurations in this thread. I bought Darko’s (YouTube guy) settings and am most pleased with that before I consider a pro calibration after a few months.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The TV sends ATMOS to the receiver using HDMI ARC, when streaming from internal apps on the TV (Netflix, etc)

Ok i understand your set up but your 4K tv ca not decode Dolby Atmos.....and send ARC to receiver.....can not real Dolby Atmos.........good for you...but techknicly almost impossible(i am french) must be an error in tecknicly lolll

1341 - 1360 of 1930 Posts