AVS Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1912 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
UnfoldingSquid,

Did they make any adjustments to the white Balance or color space settings? If so, would you be able to share those as well?

Thanks.
The white and color space settings are panel specific, they wouldn't help you at all. Also, I don't feel like going through 40+ menus of settings for those.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How do I set the HRD settings? When I tune to an Amazon Prime UHD 4K movie that says it's HDR, using the Samsung app., and make the changes, they change the settings when watching Xfinity (SDR). I don't understand, I thought HDR settings would be different from SDR. Is it based on the source? Should I be applying the different settings to different devices?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have only had my Q85R a few days but like my KS9000 out of the box there was definitely a bit of a judder if things were moving fast, I’m not too sure about setting the auto motion or digital clean view to different levels to fix this but like my old KS9000 i have found that just turning these settings off completely seems to fix it 100%. So i always wonder why else I’d set these values to custom settings when turning them off seems to fix it?

Maybe setting to custom makes it even better do people think?

·
Registered
261 Posts
What is the slimmest mount to use for the 65" Q80r? I'd want to be able to tilt it, but don't need full motion. I wish it had the no-gap mount like the Q90, but it's not worth the upgrade just for that, right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
So I guess my best option for ATMOS is from the drawing below. Guess I wont be using the apps from the TV than.
Yes, if your box passes atmos on netflix and such.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Atmos (lossy) plays just fine through the internal TV apps via ARC. Atmos streaming support is highly splintered on external devices (if I recall correctly the Shield doesn't support Atmos on Netflix, for example).
Thats funny I dont get atmos on netflix app, only dolby digital +. but I guess that is the lossy version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Buenas tardes!! Pregunta. En las recomendacion de configuraciones mencionan en varias oportunidades que en Q80r, configuracion experta de imagen, existe la posibilidad de habilitar el HDR (inclusive le ponen numero). En mi Q80R, aun estando viendo una serie con HDR (comprobado en otra tele en donde se habilita en forma automática) no aparece esa configuración. Alguien que si lo tenga, puede acompañar una pantalla en donde aparece y como hacen para configurarla? Gracias

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good afternoon!! Question. In the recommendations of configurations they mention in several opportunities that in Q80r, expert image configuration, there is the possibility of enabling the HDR (they even put a number). In my Q80R, even while watching a series with HDR (checked on another TV where it is automatically enabled) that setting does not appear. Someone who does, can accompany a screen where it appears and how do they configure it? Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good afternoon!! Question. In the recommendations of configurations they mention in several opportunities that in Q80r, expert image configuration, there is the possibility of enabling the HDR (they even put a number). In my Q80R, even while watching a series with HDR (checked on another TV where it is automatically enabled) that setting does not appear. Someone who does, can accompany a screen where it appears and how do they configure it? Thank you
When viewing HDR content, the picture setting can be adjusted for "just" HDR and applied to the specific source or all sources. So start playing HDR, pause it, and adjust the picture settings. In the advanced settings it asks "Apply Picture Settings" with option for "Current Source", or "all Sources".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your answer. I am in front of the TV and that "only" HDR option does not appear to me. If there is the option to apply to all sources or the specific source, but I do not see the option "only" HDR. I ask you for a huge varo, you could send me, watching Netflix from the TV app, where does that option appear? I did everything you told me and I can't find it. Millions of thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone else's TV have horrible gradient banding even in HDR? Trying to figure out if I've got a unique problem or if this is just something about this model.

Banding as in color/shades having district separations between them in the gradient, not like dirty screen effect.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just had my 65" Q80R delivered a few hours ago and it looks great. I'm replacing a 65" KS8000 which has been demoted to the living room. I'm hoping this unit keep me satisfied till microled is affordable.

Reactions: joe221

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Anyone else's TV have horrible gradient banding? Trying to figure out if I've got a unique problem or if this is just something about this model.

Banding as in color/shades having district separations between them in the gradient, not like dirty screen effect.
I am seeing no such issues. How long have you had the set. Is this a new issue or it’s been nagging at you for awhile?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Anyone else's TV have horrible gradient banding? Trying to figure out if I've got a unique problem or if this is just something about this model.

No banding here. Did you take off the plastic on the screen?

·
Registered
279 Posts
How do I set the HRD settings? When I tune to an Amazon Prime UHD 4K movie that says it's HDR, using the Samsung app., and make the changes, they change the settings when watching Xfinity (SDR). I don't understand, I thought HDR settings would be different from SDR. Is it based on the source? Should I be applying the different settings to different devices?

must be information on Amazon or it is marketing or gimmick......imagine HDR 10 and HDR10+!!!!!in 4 years.....

streaming is not at is best....(technology) my 2 cents..:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am seeing no such issues. How long have you had the set. Is this a new issue or it’s been nagging at you for awhile?
I've had the set since September and it's been an issue since then. And yes the plastic is off.

There are these big, thick gradient bands that are particularly noticeable around sources of light, such as a lamp post or the sun, and around dark fading images like shadowy corners and vignettes. When loading up Red Dead Redemption 2 and the loading screen has those old photos that develop, it's got this extremely noticeable ink blotting sort of effect that was never present on my old set. Certain menu screens with grayscale gradients on the Xbox One X will be harshly chopped up into giant rectangular bars.

This effect is present on all settings. HDR, SDR, game mode, movie mode, with and without Input Signal Plus.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I've had the set since September and it's been an issue since then. And yes the plastic is off.

There are these big, thick gradient bands that are particularly noticeable around sources of light, such as a lamp post or the sun, and around dark fading images like shadowy corners and vignettes. When loading up Red Dead Redemption 2 and the loading screen has those old photos that develop, it's got this extremely noticeable ink blotting sort of effect that was never present on my old set. Certain menu screens with grayscale gradients on the Xbox One X will be harshly chopped up into giant rectangular bars.

This effect is present on all settings. HDR, SDR, game mode, movie mode, with and without Input Signal Plus.
I’m not seeing any such issues. I’m thinking it’s time for a service call. Maybe you can record a series of examples to show the engineer they send?

1481 - 1500 of 1912 Posts