AVS Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can someone tell me if the info banner can be activated in apps like Disney or Aplle tv? Or is it just for HDMI hookups?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but can I get a shorter power cord for this TV? I'd want one about 12-18" and preferably with a straight plug, not angled like the TV came with. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
261 Posts
One more. I have a q80 soundbar connected to the TV and it’s driving me crazy. It keeps reverting back to TV speaker and then when I switch to the soundbar I can control the volume with the TV remote. But then when I turn off the TV it doesn’t power off the soundbar and then I have to go choose the soundbar again next time.

Just unplugged everything and started over. HDMI is plugged into ARC on both the TV and the soundbar. I'm now controlling the volume with the TV remote, but haven't tried to power it on/off yet.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just bought a 82" q80. When I play my xbox one X, it wont let me set the console to 4k. It states tv isnt ready. I didnt have this issue with my c8 OLED. Any ideas what I need to looks for?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just bought a 82" q80. When I play my xbox one X, it wont let me set the console to 4k. It states tv isnt ready. I didnt have this issue with my c8 OLED. Any ideas what I need to looks for?
Did you activate Input signal plus for the hdmi. It’s connected to under external device manager?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing this weird glitch on their Q80R tv.

I bought a 55" Q80R mid March and have the cable receiver, PC and PS3 plugged in via the HDMI.
A Q60R Soundbar connects to the TV via Bluetooth.
A couple of days later, I turn on the TV and noticed that any of the devices connected via HDMI, I could hear audio but display would just be the bright samsung screen identifying the device. ie the cable receiver would have my cable receiver icon (Shaw) or the PC icon for the PC.

To resolve the issue, I have to unplug each HDMI cables and rediscovered by the TV.

I turned off HDMI-CEC as initially, when I would turn on the TV to the PC source, all I would get is a black screen, so I have to unplug replug the PC HDMI cable.

·
Registered
530 Posts
75" Q80R coming Tuesday. the bottom of tv will be about 46" from the floor and tilted down to view from couch - that will kill any problem with can lights and most of glare from windows behind seating surface. Any link to all settings - I know to turn off all processings, etc. etc. Turn sharpness down to zero. What is best factory setting? Also have read different things about gaming input lag - should it be on or off or auto? Thanks!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks, I’ll try to get some pictures. I removed the large plastic film that was attached to the tow boards on the side.

I just took these pictures with the TV off and the recessed lights on in the room.

First pictures is straight on, second is at an angle, and third is with the flash on.
Tilt the screen down about 15 degrees and sit on a chair/couch, not the floor! Tilt down will get rid of all reflections from can lights. I have a Vizio with not near as good anti-reflection mounted above our mantle, 10 can lights in the room - many behind the seating area. Tilted down about 20 degrees and not one can light is visible and perfect angle for slouching on couch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if this has been asked before. Do you know what causes the text to jutter during commercials. It looks like the text is dancing but it doesn't do it on all texts. This is only happening with commercials on YoutubeTV. I'm wondering its cause of the source? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought my new 65" Q80R and waiting to have it installed on the wall with Sanus Super Low Profile Fixed Position TV Wall Mount Bracket. Can't wait to see this baby go.

Reactions: joe221

·
Registered
58 Posts
You'll love it!! I used the same mount for my 55".

Is your TV fairly close to the wall with that mount? I'm looking for that look.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here it is.

Doesn't get any better then that. Perfect! Your set up looks great. Is that the Samsung sound bar mounted underneath? I purchased the Samsung 70 soundbar with my TV.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doesn't get any better then that. Perfect! Your set up looks great. Is that the Samsung sound bar mounted underneath? I purchased the Samsung 70 soundbar with my TV.
Sorry, not sure why it posted like that! yeah, it's the Q80 soundbar. definitely overkill for my needs, but wanted to get a tv and soundbar and hopefully be good for a while. I bought the 65" but it was too big so went with the 55". 65" is still in my garage, trying to sell it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How or when do the apps on the Q85R and similar TV's update themselves? do they do it silently in the background or only as part of when there has been a FW upgrade?

I have a much cheaper LG TV and the apps on that update themselves all the time which i have always though seems good that they update to bring fixes or new features etc but then wondered on my much more expensive samsung i have never been aware of them updating?

·
Registered
140 Posts
How or when do the apps on the Q85R and similar TV's update themselves? do they do it silently in the background or only as part of when there has been a FW upgrade?

I have a much cheaper LG TV and the apps on that update themselves all the time which i have always though seems good that they update to bring fixes or new features etc but then wondered on my much more expensive samsung i have never been aware of them updating?
Jay,
I have a 75" q80r since the end of November 2019 and I dont remember ever seeing a notice that any of the apps have updated. It has always been conected to highspeed wifi.

1701 - 1720 of 1914 Posts