AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

Is there any way to set color space to auto or custom in Natural picture mode? I'm hoping maybe this can be done through the service menu?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bias lighting. So that is how is called. What is the difference between these and the ones with multicolor?
A white 6500k light behind the tv (on wall with a neutral paint color) can do a few things. It can trick your eyes into seeing richer colors and improved contrast. It can also make blooming less noticeable. In a pitch black room it can also reduce eye strain during extended viewing.

I could consider a multicolored backlights mood lighting if its a solid color. It can change the way your eyes see certain colors. I know Phillips has a system that extends colors on the edges of screen that shine behind the tv. I think you can also buy an inline hdmi box that can display on screen colors from source onto the wall with a led strip on the back.

IMHO I would stick with white 6500k leds that you can adjust brightness to match an on screen test pattern. Unless your going just for mood lighting.

Check out this image. Gray color bar is the same color from left to right and you can see it looks richer and less washed out on the side with lighter background.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyway to install firmware 1361 on a QA65Q80R?

Tried the US version and the Korean versions but its not getting detected.

Is there a way to change the TVs region through the service menu so that the firmware gets detected?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow owners,I having a 55q80r for the last 4 months,quite impressed in gaming and the rest features as all of you havd mention

Unfortunately I had my newthew pretending that knows from service menu stuff,you all understand how it end up

Sooo,Ive lost any contant with the dimming,he f the pane type,we was lucky enough to set one that brought backlight to ON state but without any option for dimming,dimming in the general infos is marked as [GLOBAL][FF].

Even with the 1361 update the backlight slider doesn't change something.

Can anyone post the panel type from panel list for a QE55Q80RATXXH to start from somewhere?

many thanks

·
Vendor
27,124 Posts
Unfortunately I had my newthew pretending that knows from service menu stuff,you all understand how it end up
So you or your nephew where messing around in the service menu? If so you should try doing a factory reset and maybe that would change everything back to where it should be. Who know's where you are or what you did in the service menu.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is it normal the way my tv looks when in pause? First photo is in pause the second is in play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Why I can't choose DD+ audio using HDMI connection to my receiver Denon X6400H?
If my mind don't play tricks to me I think I could select it before. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone! I got my 65 inch Q80R a few weeks ago. I have noticed that when watching movies, my TV will dim parts of the screen erratically. It could be a bright scene or dark scene, doesn't matter.. It almost looks like flickering black clouds or "inking" on different parts of the screen at random. It isn't consistent with the scene of the movie. For example, in Jojo Rabbit, there's a scene with a light blue wall in the background. Portions of that blue wall all of the sudden start to have what looks like a black clouds bouncing from left to right of the screen.

I tried to return the TV, but AAFES only has a 15 day return policy on TVs over 60 inches. I called on day 19... Samsung wants to send out a company to service it. The service company says they'd replace the panel, but to be aware that the replacement panels are much lower quality than the originals.. I'm lost here. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has experienced what I've described, and if so, how did you fix it? I'm also wondering if anyone has had experience with replacement panels in their Q80R, and how it compares to the original...

Sorry for the long post, I feel like I'm getting screwed here by these companies and wanted to turn to other owners to see if you all had some advise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi everyone! I got my 65 inch Q80R a few weeks ago. I have noticed that when watching movies, my TV will dim parts of the screen erratically. It could be a bright scene or dark scene, doesn't matter.. It almost looks like flickering black clouds or "inking" on different parts of the screen at random. It isn't consistent with the scene of the movie. For example, in Jojo Rabbit, there's a scene with a light blue wall in the background. Portions of that blue wall all of the sudden start to have what looks like a black clouds bouncing from left to right of the screen.

I tried to return the TV, but AAFES only has a 15 day return policy on TVs over 60 inches. I called on day 19... Samsung wants to send out a company to service it. The service company says they'd replace the panel, but to be aware that the replacement panels are much lower quality than the originals.. I'm lost here. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has experienced what I've described, and if so, how did you fix it? I'm also wondering if anyone has had experience with replacement panels in their Q80R, and how it compares to the original...

Sorry for the long post, I feel like I'm getting screwed here by these companies and wanted to turn to other owners to see if you all had some advise.

Thanks!
Well I hope AAFES give one Hell of a discount because their return window sucks.

Anyway Samsungs Warranty for your TV states.

SAMSUNG will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above. All replaced parts and products become the property of SAMSUNG and must be returned to SAMSUNG. Replacement parts and products assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer.

So your warranty repair should give you a new or recondition "Q80r " panel. So if the service company says that the replacement panel is going to be of a much lower quality, then it isn't a Q80r panel. If the panel isn't for the Q80r (or Q90r, and some of the 2020 T series) it won't have the Ultra Viewing Angle & Anti Reflection coats. And if your tv panel is is missing those features, well then you basically have an overpriced Q70r.

I would call Samsung and let them know what the service company told you. You are concerned that after the warranty work you TV may no longer have the Ultra Viewing Angle & Anti Reflection features, the main reasons why you purchased the Q80r over the Q70r.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I hope AAFES give one Hell of a discount because their return window sucks.

Anyway Samsungs Warranty for your TV states.

SAMSUNG will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above. All replaced parts and products become the property of SAMSUNG and must be returned to SAMSUNG. Replacement parts and products assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer.

So your warranty repair should give you a new or recondition "Q80r " panel. So if the service company says that the replacement panel is going to be of a much lower quality, then it isn't a Q80r panel. If the panel isn't for the Q80r (or Q90r, and some of the 2020 T series) it won't have the Ultra Viewing Angle & Anti Reflection coats. And if your tv panel is is missing those features, well then you basically have an overpriced Q70r.

I would call Samsung and let them know what the service company told you. You are concerned that after the warranty work you TV may no longer have the Ultra Viewing Angle & Anti Reflection features, the main reasons why you purchased the Q80r over the Q70r.
Luckily I just received word from AAFES that they are issuing a refund and taking the TV back (at their expense and pickup from my house). It sucks that there were no replacement Q80R TVs available. Any recommendations on a TV to buy since they don't have the same one available?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi gents. looking at purchasing a Ps5. Wanted to know if I upgrade the oneconnect box to hdmi2.1 would I enjoy all the new features of the ps5 such as 4k @ 120hz and rgb full 4:4:4 etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Does anyone know how to check the elapsed hours on this TV... I seen a few videos on Samsung sets but they are older LED sets with remotes that have numbers on them. These new remotes are much different, you have to press another button to see colors and numbers. Someone said it was in Smart Things, but I don't see it in the Smart Things App.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Guys,

Does anyone here has any news about the eARC update for the 2019 Samsung QLED TVs?

·
Registered
134 Posts
IMG_5862.jpg

Has anyone else been getting this pop-up window? Seems to appear at least once a day on my Q80R.

Okay, I get it, a feature I never used is going away. But do I have to keep getting this pop-up through the end of September??? Ugh.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does anyone know how to check the elapsed hours on this TV... I seen a few videos on Samsung sets but they are older LED sets with remotes that have numbers on them. These new remotes are much different, you have to press another button to see colors and numbers. Someone said it was in Smart Things, but I don't see it in the Smart Things App.
Just check in the app and run time is shown for mine.

1901 - 1920 of 1931 Posts