AVS Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guys,

Does anyone here has any news about the eARC update for the 2019 Samsung QLED TVs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
In the Samsung forums I just read a post that it WAS NOT going to happen. Quoting the post below. And by adding this, I'm not taking credit for this. Just passing on the message.

A definitive but negative answer from NZ Samsung Technical Support (3 August 2020). To quote:
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics New Zealand.
This is to update you regarding your concern about the eARC support on your Samsung Q80R TV. We apologize for the delays.
Upon checking with the senior technicians, they have confirmed that Q80R will not be supporting eARC. It will not be available because it will need to adapt to the hardware capability of the TV and needs licensing / agreement with EAC.
We hope that we have provided the information that you requested.
Technical Support Representative
Samsung Customer Care

Link to post here:

·
Vendor
27,457 Posts
Samsung wants to send out a company to service it. The service company says they'd replace the panel, but to be aware that the replacement panels are much lower quality than the originals.. I'm lost here. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has experienced what I've described, and if so, how did you fix it? I'm also wondering if anyone has had experience with replacement panels in their Q80R, and how it compares to the original...
That's the service company, not Samsung. Samsung can not replace it with a less quality product, in the end they will cut you a check before they would do that. Unless you are like the first guy to have that happen. I think you just need clarification and someone miss spoke..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Smart things app is an app for galaxy phones. You can see the hours you've watched when selecting your TV info, if it's connected to your network. Might not be available on other phones.
I have a smart things on the TV, it connect to the Amazon Echo to shut the TV off, I still can not find the hours for the TV, I have an info button with numbers and colors, when I select info the banner just comes up showing you the resolution etc, thers is nothing on this Q80 that shoes me how many hours are on it.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
G'day,

I just picked up a QR82 and is great however there is one issue I can't work out. It gets stuck in HDR mode and there is no way to switch back to normal SDR mode. I am using a PC and when I first turn everything on it correctly plays SDR mode but as soon as I play any HDR content it won't switch back to SDR and also sometimes when I play HDR content and even though it does say HDR the image is displayed is SDR but the source is HDR so it looks wrong. So there is a problem with auto switching. Anyone had this before? Is there a manual way to fix this? It does not happen with my projector or other TV,

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's the service company, not Samsung. Samsung can not replace it with a less quality product, in the end they will cut you a check before they would do that. Unless you are like the first guy to have that happen. I think you just need clarification and someone miss spoke..
The service company was contracted by Samsung to do the panel replacement on their behalf. He said over and over again that the replacement panels are a lower grade panel when compared to the originals coming from the factory (replacements are "C or D" grade VS the "A or B" grade panels from the factory). He went on and on how many people are more disappointed with the replacement panel vs the original. Just quoting the man I spoke to.. I did pass along that info to Samsung on a couple different occasions. They wouldn't confirm anything for me. Due to that fact, I pursued the return.

I finally got AAFES to take it back for a full refund due to there being an additional shipping label on the box addressed to a different customer. The label to the other customer dated way back to February. The TV may have been damaged at some point during it's multiple trips across the country. Either way, it's out of my hands now and I went with a Sony. So far, I'm much happier with the Sony.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How many hours does everyone have on their panels? At first I thought you could one see this in the service menu but you can view it on SmartThings app which makes it really simple. I have 1438 hrs and I purchased the tv on 4/27/2020. So for 133 days that’s almost 11 hours a day. That sounds crazy! Curious what others peoples panel hrs are.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,929
How many hours does everyone have on their panels? At first I thought you could one see this in the service menu but you can view it on SmartThings app which makes it really simple. I have 1438 hrs and I purchased the tv on 4/27/2020. So for 133 days that’s almost 11 hours a day. That sounds crazy! Curious what others peoples panel hrs are.
6544 hours since February 2019. Also about 11 hours a day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1260 since 4/13/2020, so about 8 1/2 hrs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased a SAMSUNG Q80R, I have two issues which i would like to see if there is a solution for

1. I am mostly using this PC as a monitor, I am not using it with the native 4k resolution of 3840 x 2160, rather using it with 4096x2160 because with the native 4k resolution most of the picture processing options are disabled, no clue why Samsung decided to do this, its crazy. Now I would like to use my TV in 1440p resolution to take advantage of the 120hz but the moment I change to this resolution again most picture processing options are disabled, is there any workaround for this ?

2. I cannot get the Bixby Voice wake up to work, does this TV have a Far field microphone or what, I turn the voice wake-up on and scream Hi Bixby , only my phone activates, TV activates only if I press the button in the remote, I have raised it to SAMSUNG but as usual they are clueless

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone share with me the up scaling capabilities of the q80r? I'm not talking 1080p bluray but rather more challenging tasks like satellite box 1080i or lower, netflix hd and such.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

I recently purchased a SAMSUNG Q80R, I have two issues which i would like to see if there is a solution for

1. I am mostly using this PC as a monitor, I am not using it with the native 4k resolution of 3840 x 2160, rather using it with 4096x2160 because with the native 4k resolution most of the picture processing options are disabled, no clue why Samsung decided to do this, its crazy. Now I would like to use my TV in 1440p resolution to take advantage of the 120hz but the moment I change to this resolution again most picture processing options are disabled, is there any workaround for this ?

2. I cannot get the Bixby Voice wake up to work, does this TV have a Far field microphone or what, I turn the voice wake-up on and scream Hi Bixby , only my phone activates, TV activates only if I press the button in the remote, I have raised it to SAMSUNG but as usual they are clueless
You have to change your source to any other than PC mode. Game Console should work. Then you will have your TV controls available. But you will most likely not get 4.4:4 Chroma in the other modes except using PC mode.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 14 month old 55" Q80R, and it has taken to turning on HDR10+ while displaying 1080p content on Youtube TV (Youtube TV has no 4K output). I notice it because the image becomes oversaturated and washed out. I can get it back to normal by changing to another app and then going back. But it will eventually turn HDR10+ back on.

Any thoughts? Do I have a hardware failure on the horizon? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Updated firmware from US site, Q90, 1361 to 1371 dated Oct 15th with no issue.

Not seen any major changes yet.
I just saw this on the samsung forum that there was an update any is this also for the Q80 (The firmware download has been missing forever for 80R page)? Is there any information on changes. Seem to remember someone finding something from a international samsung site.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just saw this on the samsung forum that there was an update any is this also for the Q80 (The firmware download has been missing forever for 80R page)? Is there any information on changes. Seem to remember someone finding something from a international samsung site.
The Q80 has the same firmware as the Q90. For some reason it never shows in the Q80 firmware section on the Samsung site. You can make sure by clicking the ? next to the Q90 firmware.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lately my TV has been turning HDR10+ on while I'm watching YouTube TV. It only happens when I'm watching commercials and it goes back to the show. If I change the channel, HDR 10+ turns off and its back to SDR.

Is this happening to anyone else? I tried calling Samsung but that was a waste of time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My TV has the Software Update part grayed out. How can I upgrade the firmware?
Go to Samsung's website and DL firmware on USB drive and plug into tv. Then hit search for update and the tv should pick up usb drive. You'll have to DL the firmware for the q90 since the page for the q80 has been missing for a while. ( Q80 and q90 same firmware).

1921 - 1940 of 1941 Posts