AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1113 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I am from India. Here 65 inches Q95t costs 2500 dollars and q900rb is costing 3500 dollars. I want to use the TV for gaming purpose only on next gen consoles and watching Netflix and Amazon prime mainly.
I just wanted to know which model should I buy as there is no 8k videos available and next gen consoles are targeting [email protected]

What are the issues present in q900rb.
How is the upscaling of 720p and 1080p content in q900rb.

Why Would you recommend q90t over q900rb and vice versa.

I browsed atleast 10 pages of this post but failed to get to a conclusion.

Need your help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought q900r yesterday. Dialled in ratings calibration settings and was blown away by picture quality. I am coming from sony x900e and x9300e and must say samsung HDR is way better and q900r is the best tv I have ever used
Congratulations, and welcome to the club. It's a beautiful TV. What size did you get?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi new to samsung tv. Can anyone advice what motion settings I should use for Netflix, Amazon prime and youtube
My set up is for all inputs. Since I don't like the soap opera effect, I turn off all the motion settings. I did not get my Q900 professionally calibrated but I set the gamma at -2. This gave me the best shadow details and absolutely no banding problems.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have very bad news for all 8K owners. Just tested Inputlag with RTX3090 in native 8K/60Hz and it is HORRIBLE ~70ms at all times.
hah so thats not great news:) But we do have a actual 2.1, so theres that.....yay

whats weird is people have achieved 8k 30 and its been perfectly playable.
4k 120 should be around 7.8ms, can u achieve 4:4:4 VRR and HDR at the same time? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought q900r yesterday. Dialled in ratings calibration settings and was blown away by picture quality. I am coming from sony x900e and x9300e and must say samsung HDR is way better and q900r is the best tv I have ever used
You dialled in the calibration from the ratings website?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can achieve HDR/4K/120/4:4:4 with low Inputlag. Yes. But 8K picture is so much better. But with 70ms only... And Nvidia deactivated DSR on 8K TVs too. So you can't do 4k/[email protected] DSR.
oh man that sucks...so all 8k tvs cant do DSR or just ours i wonder? I can imagine real 8k looks amazing!

keeping the 3090? hows youtube 8k?

My friend will bring over his 3080 comp when it actually arrives, but now I'm not so excited:) thanks for the info

*looks like one might need to apply 8k dlss ultra settings ... 45fps wolfenstein youngblood dsr / 77fps 8k dlss...but it cant change the lag I guess

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I play HDR content on my Samsung Native App or on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 - I get that terrible brightening of sub-titles in dark scenes. I assume this is due to local dimming? Any way to get around it?

Interestingly, when I watch the exact same scene on my Apple TV 4K Netflix app (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, S02E09, The Masquerade Ball), the brightening of subtitles and bleeding over of that does not happen. Does Apple TV handle HDR10 differently? Is local dimming working differently because Apple TV converts Dolby Vision to HDR10?

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I play HDR content on my Samsung Native App or on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 - I get that terrible brightening of sub-titles in dark scenes. I assume this is due to local dimming? Any way to get around it?

Interestingly, when I watch the exact same scene on my Apple TV 4K Netflix app (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, S02E09, The Masquerade Ball), the brightening of subtitles and bleeding over of that does not happen. Does Apple TV handle HDR10 differently? Is local dimming working differently because Apple TV converts Dolby Vision to HDR10?
Since the latest firmware update, the native Netflix app continues to have the subtitle brightness issue but the subtitle bleeding issue is gone. When watching Netflix using the Roku box, both the subtitle brightness and bleeding issues are pretty much gone.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Since the latest firmware update, the native Netflix app continues to have the subtitle brightness issue but the subtitle bleeding issue is gone. When watching Netflix using the Roku box, both the subtitle brightness and bleeding issues are pretty much gone.
I have ordered HDFury Arcana (which should arrive by Monday), which supposedly renders Dolby Vision on Samsung displays. Some folks who have been testing it on Reddit have noticed a noticeable improvement in picture quality from sources like Apple TV 4K. Let's see if that makes any difference!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have ordered HDFury Arcana (which should arrive by Monday), which supposedly renders Dolby Vision on Samsung displays. Some folks who have been testing it on Reddit have noticed a noticeable improvement in picture quality from sources like Apple TV 4K. Let's see if that makes any difference!
Does Nvidia shield renders Dolby vision on 900r?

1021 - 1040 of 1113 Posts