AVS Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1129 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
It would be great if Samsung added the local dimming algorithm and game mode improvements to the 2019 tvs, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it... Getting a thread on the Samsung community forums and getting people to request it is probably everyone's best bet.
This has been an ongoing problem with Samsung. They release a new model every year and once the newer model comes out, they pretty much desert the previous year's model. I have had the same experience with Samsung Soundbars as well.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This has been an ongoing problem with Samsung. They release a new model every year and once the newer model comes out, they pretty much desert the previous year's model. I have had the same experience with Samsung Soundbars as well.
Hmmmm...not so sure about that. My five-year old Samsung TV (which found a new home at my neighbor's house) is still receiving updates. And there have been several updates to this model in the past year.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmmmm...not so sure about that. My five-year old Samsung TV (which found a new home at my neighbor's house) is still receiving updates. And there have been several updates to this model in the past year.
How many of those fixes had a new feature update or significant fixes that upgrade stuff? Most of those are routine app changes or security fixes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As a 2019 TV owner, I would definitely want to have more frequent firmware updates as well. However, saying Samsung pretty much desert the previous year's model is not all fair either. Samsung has pushed out several firmware updates in 2020, the latest in mid July. That update solved the most annoying blooming problem for me and was very useful. Hope more useful updates will come soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to mention samsung released film maker mode for entire 2020 range and deserted last user flagship q90r and q900r owners.. disappointed with samsung.. I really hope they bring HGIG to q900r

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not to mention samsung released film maker mode for entire 2020 range and deserted last user flagship q90r and q900r owners.. disappointed with samsung.. I really hope they bring HGIG to q900r
My Q900R has the film maker mode with the latest firmware update. Are you sure that you didn't get it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Samsung tv does not recognise half the files in my hard disk and for another half it doesn't play audio saying audio unrecognised..
While on my sony android tv I have downloaded kodi and it recognises all my files and all content is playable on sony android tv..
Any workaround or way with samsung to play media files..?

·
Vendor
27,562 Posts
That is great news to hear they do not leave the old sets in the dust. I bet that does very model to model.....

1061 - 1080 of 1129 Posts