AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10040 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine is scheduled for delivery on March 6 in 65 inch size. The current no-gap wall mount doesn't specifically mention compatibility with the 2019 models but I have a feeling they wouldn't want to introduce another SKU, and it will work ok. As I mentioned in another thread this will replace a 50 inch plasma which I've had for some time.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
No price talk, Epp discussion, or where to buy in the owner's threads.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mines on order as well in a 65 inch version. It will be replacing a Panasonic zt60 in my bedroom. We bought a q9 75 right before xmas to replace living room plasma. Was so blown away with the q9 that I decided to get the q90. Can’t wait. I was a plasma fan boy. Silly me. These blow plasma out of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Order just purchased 75 inch just one question is this set the ultra wide verision aka comparable to the 950r in Europe. My biggest worries are dse and sub par motion I’m hoping both are good but guess I will find out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Order just purchased 75 inch just one question is this set the ultra wide verision aka comparable to the 950r in Europe. My biggest worries are dse and sub par motion I’m hoping both are good but guess I will find out
According to the latest reviews, motion has not been improved/changed from the 2018 QFN series. Really sounds like the only thing they didn't improve.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Was it the Q900 you ordered as your comparing it to the Q950 so it sounds like your talking about the Q900. This is the Q90 owners thread ;).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Was it the Q900 you ordered as your comparing it to the Q950 so it sounds like your talking about the Q900. This is the Q90 owners thread ;).

He can start the new Q900 thread!

I will be watching this thread closely as owners start reporting. Interested in the 75", but concerned about motion and reliability. Grats on your purchases, gentlemen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anybody heard anything about a compatible no-gap mount? I ordered the existing model on a hunch it would work and it included different hardware and directions for the 2017 and 2018 models. Hoping at most I will need different screws, but think there is a good chance the 2018 Q9FN hardware is serviceable on the Q90R.

Also, has anybody got a good lead on the apps that will be available? Am considering going more or less full streaming (w/ antenna for locals) and many of the streaming options involve external hardware...naturally I will be most interested in those that the TV already handles.

Lastly, I seem to be one of the few who is very interested in the improved ambient mode these offer. Will be particularly willing to share my thoughts on it once up and running.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anybody heard anything about a compatible no-gap mount? I ordered the existing model on a hunch it would work and it included different hardware and directions for the 2017 and 2018 models. Hoping at most I will need different screws, but think there is a good chance the 2018 Q9FN hardware is serviceable on the Q90R.

Also, has anybody got a good lead on the apps that will be available? Am considering going more or less full streaming (w/ antenna for locals) and many of the streaming options involve external hardware...naturally I will be most interested in those that the TV already handles.

Lastly, I seem to be one of the few who is very interested in the improved ambient mode these offer. Will be particularly willing to share my thoughts on it once up and running.
I am very interested in the ambient mode. I plan on walk mounting my Q90R and I think the ambient mode sounds like a cool feature. I’m excited to hear more about it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Anyone else get the feeling that the ambient mode wallpaper is actually Samsung giving a middle finger to OLED.
Don't know but every time I see the ambient mode, I tell myself that I can't do that on my OLED - more burn-ins. Though I like the picture gallery mode on the LG OLEDs.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
He can start the new Q900 thread!

I will be watching this thread closely as owners start reporting. Interested in the 75", but concerned about motion and reliability. Grats on your purchases, gentlemen.
Same boat, may go with 75" or 82", but concerned on shadow details (black crush) and motion.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just placed my order. How long did it take you to get a ship date? I sprung a little extra for white glove delivery. Do they let you pick a delivery date and/or time window?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just placed my order. How long did it take you to get a ship date? I sprung a little extra for white glove delivery. Do they let you pick a delivery date and/or time window?
Didn't get the q90 but the q80 from Samsung's website. Preordered a week ago and just got an email yesterday to schedule a day for delivery with a 4 hour window. You get to pick the day you want. I also sprung for the white glove delivery.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
My Amazon.com purchased Q90R is coming this Monday the 4th. It's going to be replacing my 6 year old Samsung UN65F8000.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. :)

Anyone have a good guess on when we'll start seeing reviews with professionally calibrated settings for these sets?

Reactions: FarmerBob

·
Registered
721 Posts
I wouldn't use any settings from review. These sets are getting so accurate now in movie mode using calibrated review settings will most likely make the picture worse rather than better. From the 3 Q900 sets I had all of them were very accurate out of the box.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I wouldn't use any settings from review. These sets are getting so accurate now in movie mode using calibrated review settings will most likely make the picture worse rather than better. From the 3 Q900 sets I had all of them were very accurate out of the box.
That is really good to hear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly, the main thing I'm curious about is gray scale uniformity. I ended up returning my Q9FN due to bad DSE, especially while gaming. I hope Samsung has solved the problem.

I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the early Q90R reviews, but the only review site that made mention of the issue on the Q9FN was RTINGS. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 10040 Posts