AVS Forum banner

8121 - 8140 of 8984 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just noticed after the latest firmware 1351 Netflix is no longer showing the Atmos banner. I then went to the Prime App and started watching Jack Ryan which has an Atmos soundtrack I noticed it was not playing Atmos either so I went to the TV sound settings and noticed Dolby Digital + was not activated PCM was selected so I activated Dolby Digital + and voila Atmos is now showing on Netflix and Jack Ryan on Prime is now playing the Atmos track.
I'm having the same issue with no Atmos from the onboard Neflix app. I tried going to the TV sound settings at saw PCM was selected but it won't let me change it. The DD+ option is grayed out for some reason. I can still get Atmos from Netflix when streaming from my Panasonic 820 Blu ray player though. I was able to get Atmos sound from the TV's on board Netflix app before the most recent firmware upgrade. :frown:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a difference between QN82Q90RAFXZA vs QN82Q90RA? It seems that few different sites have different prices with QN82Q90RA being lower. Thanks
I think they are the same. I just looked on my box and I have all those numbers on my box except instead of Q90RAFXZA I have Q90RAFXZC...probably the C means Canadian and A means America.

With my last Samsung TV I went into the service menu and changed the region country from Canada to United states and I got about 10 times more apps, not sure If this would work for the Q90. I do know the Samsung TV app has CBC which is Canadian.

How many apps does everyone get with a US TV?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Got it working! Do you guys know where I can get a replacement power cord? Is it specific for Samsung or can I use any?
Someone else said the cord is a C13/14. I am not sure if they changed the plug for the one connect box, but mine IS NOT a C13. The Samsung plug is a C7. You can either buy a considerably better aftermarket C7 cord or buy a C7 to C13/14 adapter. Your selection of C7s is a little more limited. With the C7 to C13/14 adapter you have many many choices of C13/14 power cords. With my last Samsung TV I couldn't use a small hard adapter because the C7 plug was vertically right on the TV. So I bought a short (about 6") Harmonic Technology corded C7 to C13 adapter. With the Q90 and the OCB you could use the hard adapter.

With my Q90 I have the Harmonic Technology C7 to C13 corded adapter and a WireWorld Silver Electra power cord.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Someone else said the cord is a C13/14. I am not sure if they changed the plug for the one connect box, but mine IS NOT a C13. The Samsung plug is a C7. You can either buy a considerably better aftermarket C7 cord or buy a C7 to C13/14 adapter. Your selection of C7s is a little more limited. With the C7 to C13/14 adapter you have many many choices of C13/14 power cords. With my last Samsung TV I couldn't use a small hard adapter because the C7 plug was vertically right on the TV. So I bought a short (about 6") Harmonic Technology corded C7 to C13 adapter. With the Q90 and the OCB you could use the hard adapter.

With my Q90 I have the Harmonic Technology C7 to C13 corded adapter and a WireWorld Silver Electra power cord.

That's my bad. It is a C13...on the 82". On the 65" and 75" it is a C7.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
How do I determine if my Q90 is displaying in 4K? Or what resolution it is displaying?
Thx.

It can vary a bit. You can try just pressing the OK button on your One remote. Otherwise, you can bring up Smart Hub, go to Sources, highlight your current input and press OK on the remote. It should bring up the banner along the top of your screen showing your content resolution.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm having the same issue with no Atmos from the onboard Neflix app. I tried going to the TV sound settings at saw PCM was selected but it won't let me change it. The DD+ option is grayed out for some reason. I can still get Atmos from Netflix when streaming from my Panasonic 820 Blu ray player though. I was able to get Atmos sound from the TV's on board Netflix app before the most recent firmware upgrade. :frown:
Current software number is 1352 and Atmos working on this one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Current software number is 1352 and Atmos working on this one.
Thanks for the info. I just checked and my TV is still at 1351 and when I try to update the firmware, it tells me that I have the latest version. Were you able to update through your TV or did you have to go the the Samsung Korean website and download it to a USB drive and then download it to your TV from the USB drive?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't kniow bout a downgrade when we have not seen them yet, but surly baby steps in change except for HDMI 2.1
Well, apparently it's reduced number of dimming zones, so technically in that regard it's a downgrade. How that affects performance in the long run may turn out to be negligible, and the increase in brightness may even make up for it. We won't know until we see the new models in the wild through a few firmware revisions.

For me, the Q90R in 75" is the TV I have been dreaming about for a long time, and it's going to be hard to get me to buy a replacement any time soon considering I am size limited by my mounting space.

·
Registered
202 Posts
For me, the Q90R in 75" is the TV I have been dreaming about for a long time, and it's going to be hard to get me to buy a replacement any time soon considering I am size limited by my mounting space.
That's pretty much how I feel even though I'm limited to 65" currently.

I have mine paired up with a Panasonic DP-UB820 and had a religious experience watching the Alien 4K disk the other day. It's been years since I was excited to buy physical media.

Reactions: Nillaz

·
Registered
201 Posts

I have mine paired up with a Panasonic DP-UB820 and had a religious experience watching the Alien 4K disk the other day. It's been years since I was excited to buy physical media.
This is a great TV, markedly better than my high end SS TV of 5 years ago.

·
Vendor
26,626 Posts
Help! Not sure if I started peeling off something I wasn't supposed to. I just unboxed an 82" Q80 and there was no pull tab to take a protective film or coating off the screen, but my screen appeared to have some type of film on it. I started to peel it off but I'm having a lot of trouble peeling this layer off and it has a little bit of a chemical smell to it.
Was there damage in the one corner that caused you to think that came off? Did you use a credit card that covers damage to items within 90 days?

what's there to talk about? he peeled off the anti reflective film and damaged the panel itself.
Looks that way.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts

Some of these 4K remasters are shocking in their quality. Alien was excellent, particularly given that it is 40 years old. Also, the Wizard of Oz was a complete showstopper.

My wife gets a little annoyed at what I pay for some of these movies, particularly the ones she knows I already have on other formats. I'm afraid to even tell her what I just spent on the Skywalker Saga.

Reactions: Terminader and KJ43

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, as a matter of fact, when I unboxed the TV and removed those thick gray adhesive foam pieces that were on both sides of the screen, they were on pretty tight. When I pulled them off, a bit of the corner actually came up with it, which led me to believe that was film that needed to be removed. In addition to reading this forum, and remembering that many users reported having a removable film/screen protector on their Q80's that was not labeled and they didn't realize had to be removed. That is what prompted me to pull on the corner...as soon as I did, I realized how thick it was and that something was wrong.

I immediately called Samsung customer service and sent them pictures, as it was purchased directly from Samsung. They confirmed with me that the TV was defective and provided me a return shipping label to send it back. I just got FedEX confirmation that the TV was delivered to Samsung today...waiting for them to acknowledge it. I read the user manual...nowhere in it does it state there is a film on the TV. This is my 5th Samsung TV and all four of them had a removable screen protector. This is the first one I ever owned that doesn't have one- and believe me, the film doesn't go all the way to the screen edges, so it looked like something that had to be removed. Thanks for checking in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all - playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and I’m only just noticing how bad the DSE on this tv really is. Samsung support have been awful so far - suggesting it may be a faulty HDMi cable...despite it looking exactly the same on every input. It’s only 6 months old - worth returning? Will other screens be the same? Seems insane for a TV this expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Hi all - playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and I’m only just noticing how bad the DSE on this tv really is. Samsung support have been awful so far - suggesting it may be a faulty HDMi cable...despite it looking exactly the same on every input. It’s only 6 months old - worth returning? Will other screens be the same? Seems insane for a TV this expensive.

This is kind of the nature of the beast. DSE levels can vary so some panels will be better than others, but pretty much all will have at least some level of DSE.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Just finished watching The Call of the Wild in 4K HDR on iTunes through my Apple TV 4K. Wow! Just Wow! This movie really showcased what the Q90R can do! The clarity, detail, along with some of the best use of HDR I’ve seen, just reinforce why this TV amazes me so much.

If you fellow Q90R owners have not yet seen this one, you need to check it out! Definitely a showcase/show off movie!:)

8121 - 8140 of 8984 Posts