AVS Forum banner

9281 - 9300 of 9331 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Life ain't easy for a PC user. I normally use the TV as a monitor, running 1080p/120 in PC mode. If I want to watch a 4k HDR movie, I need to change resolution and turn on HDR in windows, switch the input from PC mode, switch to movie mode. Reverse all of that after the movie. None of it can be scripted apparently, and no shortcuts.
the alpha build of kodi 19 supports playback of hdr files now and the neat thing is it toggles hdr on for you automatically maybe be something for you to try as it turns hdr off as soon as you exit the film also been using it for months now and its perfect

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Does the Q90r have HDMI? I came across an amazing deal on an open box in my area.
Not on the panel itself. Make sure that the open box you're looking at has the One Connect box and One Connect cable with it.

Reactions: Terminader

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey all, hope you had a good weekend.

I’m trying to track down an issue. I have the q90 going to my denon using arc for smart apps audio. Separately I have a Roku ultra that goes to my denon, with the denon going into one of the hdmi ports on the Q90.

Most of the time I use my Roku but sometimes I‘lol switch over to the smart apps on the tv. HBO max isn’t on Roku so this is the common use case and then I’ll end up forgetting to switch back to Roku when I go back to normal tv stream viewing (Youtube TV).

What I’m noticing is that the smart apps have audio issues while the Roku does not. What I’ll notice with something like YouTube TV is that it’ll get to a commercial that triggers constant static and then the only way to clear the static effect is to change the source, turn the tv on and back on or change the audio settings from Dolby digital / digital+ back to PCM.

I don’t remember having this happen for a long while and think it’s related to me switching away from PCM. But Dolby Digital+ sounds way better.

This doesn’t happen with Roku but I’d like to have my apps working fine with audio. Any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bad HDMI connection? Denon or TV is not well?
One of the audio DAC:s I have tested have a similar problem to resync the audio stream when my Sat-box fast forward in a recording (but has nothing to do with the Q90R, though).
A trade-off (if you can live with Dolby Digital instead of DD+ from HBO Max) is to skip the ARC from TV to Denon and instead use the optical audio from TV to Denon. You will get DD5.1 instead of DD+ and hopefully the Denon will be capable of automatically switching between PCM (2-channel) and DD.
(I have a Denon 3312 connected like that and Q90R output set to Dolby Digital and it switches without problems.)

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
This doesn’t happen with Roku but I’d like to have my apps working fine with audio. Any ideas?
Well that's a eARC issue, Video is going up to tv fine, however audio from TV to receiver is not. Try a "good" new 8K HDMI cable is about all you can do :( Hope that works.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
1371 is now up on the US website.
Would be nice if anyone can test whether any of the following have been fixed/implemented yet...

1) eARC
2) Game Mode improvements (reduced blooming)
3) HDR10+ random global dimming

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Note that the 1371 firmware download contains a file named SWU_AUTO_FLAG that apparently causes the firmware update to initiate as soon as you plug in the USB drive, no prompting.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Confirmed, no eARC in 1371. No fix with the audio delay issue either. This might simply be the network cable disconnected fix.
If that's the case I'll take it. That popup is downright annoying.

9281 - 9300 of 9331 Posts