AVS Forum banner

9301 - 9320 of 9331 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
After updating to firmware 1371, I don't measure any change in calibration for Movie SDR, Movie HDR, PC Game mode SDR, and non-PC Game mode HDR, all using Warm2.
As always thanks for sparing me the time and effort to test this for myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
""Where was it confirmed that there is no eARC? Just curious.

Such a bummer, especially with the PS5/Series X coming out in a month...""

I installed the firmware on my set and tested there is no eArc support. I have the HW-Q90R connected to my ARC port

·
Registered
125 Posts
Firmware 1371.0 is out in Korea, and still no eArc :mad::mad::mad:
Saw a forbes article about a week ago mentioning firmware with earc update released. Was excited until I realized they were talking about sONY and not sAMSUNG.

Now this, just keeps getting worse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone found a good way (other than the chat) to provide feedback to Samsung (I.E. a form or E-Mail)? It seems like almost everyone here would gladly pay 300+ for an updated OneConnect box with true HDMI2.1. While the previous statements given about them only providing it on the 8K sets are out there, I can't imagine that people who spent 4K in the past 16 months on a TV A) Aren't willing to spend a little more to future proof it a bit and B) Are going to go "oh, I better buy a new one even though this one is perfect for everything except edge case video games and eArc".

Just seems like they're leaving money on the table.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Has anyone found a good way (other than the chat) to provide feedback to Samsung (I.E. a form or E-Mail)? It seems like almost everyone here would gladly pay 300+ for an updated OneConnect box with true HDMI2.1. While the previous statements given about them only providing it on the 8K sets are out there, I can't imagine that people who spent 4K in the past 16 months on a TV A) Aren't willing to spend a little more to future proof it a bit and B) Are going to go "oh, I better buy a new one even though this one is perfect for everything except edge case video games and eArc".

Clearly they're leaving some money oncthe table but I doubt they would consider it to be worth the hassle.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

I believe they discontinued the One Connect box for the 2020 models. But I agree this would be the best way to handle an upgrade to 2.1 and would be a small price to pay to add this feature. It would be great if Samsung would add guidance on whether an EARC firmware update is coming or at least tell the community of owners that this is unfortunately technically not possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts

You can't. They don't read the forums and the 'support' people are an impenetrable wall of idiots who seemingly don't even have any contact with the engineers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
On the bright side at least they are still taking the time to push firmware updates on this model. So I still have even the slightest bit of hope that some day they will push out the once promised earc update.

Had it been the other way around and let’s pretend we haven’t gotten a firmware update in over a year then I would have had much less hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone reached out to the website reviewers that have contacts at Samsung and were reporting eARC getting added in the first place?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone reached out to the website reviewers that have contacts at Samsung and were reporting eARC getting added in the first place?
Save your breath! It won't happen! Got off the phone with one of the Samsung's engineers and he was adamant that the EARC implementation is not going to happen on Q90R. He also stated that Samsung cannot be held liable for what external reviewers claim. There was no official confirmation that EARC would be implemented; only hearsay and unsubstantiated rumors, according to this engineer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Save your breath! It won't happen! Got off the phone with one of the Samsung's engineers and he was adamant that the EARC implementation is not going to happen on Q90R. He also stated that Samsung cannot be held liable for what external reviewers claim. There was no official confirmation that EARC would be implemented; only hearsay and unsubstantiated rumors, according to this engineer.
May of 2020

1:21:10.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a question about vertical banding. I’ve searched the forum and the internet in general and was curious if anyone had any experience with this. I’ve had the 75” q90r for about 4 months now. I had absolutely no complaints with it and the picture seemed perfect. About a week ago I was watching soccer and noticed 4 thick bands of brightness that were very obvious with panning on the field. I see it now on football games and have begun to notice it on regular programming.

I realize it is probably a case of once you see it you can not see it. It does seem to have worsened though. Is this a condition that warranty will replace the set for? i know vertical banding is a manufacturing defect that can’t be fixed. Will Samsung replace the set if shown proof of the problem? Set is unwatchable for sports especially.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an Arcana, and it does indeed address the eARC issues . . .and it also has the additional benefit of converting HDR10 to DolbyVision, even on our Q90Rs. Great little device at a reasonable price.
Now if I have an xbox, does it have to be plugged directly into the Arcana? If so that's the same solution as just plugging my xbox directly into the sound bar so that I don't get sync issues, or does this device work in a different manner so that I can plug the Xbox directly into hdmi port 4 on the one connect?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now if I have an xbox, does it have to be plugged directly into the Arcana? If so that's the same solution as just plugging my xbox directly into the sound bar so that I don't get sync issues, or does this device work in a different manner so that I can plug the Xbox directly into hdmi port 4 on the one connect?
Open the link that Robert provided and click on "Getting started" to get connection descriptions. The product seems focused on the Arc.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Open the link that Robert provided and click on "Getting started" to get connection descriptions. The product seems focused on the Arc.
I'm pretty sure this device doesn't do VRR pass through making this no better than connecting the XBox directly to the sound bar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the update fixed the Ethernet disconnect issue at least. I normally see it almost everyday and it hasn't happened once since I updated.

9301 - 9320 of 9331 Posts