AVS Forum banner

9321 - 9340 of 9604 Posts

·
Vendor
27,910 Posts
I have a question about vertical banding. I’ve searched the forum and the internet in general and was curious if anyone had any experience with this. I’ve had the 75” q90r for about 4 months now. I had absolutely no complaints with it and the picture seemed perfect. About a week ago I was watching soccer and noticed 4 thick bands of brightness that were very obvious with panning on the field. I see it now on football games and have begun to notice it on regular programming.

I realize it is probably a case of once you see it you can not see it. It does seem to have worsened though. Is this a condition that warranty will replace the set for? i know vertical banding is a manufacturing defect that can’t be fixed. Will Samsung replace the set if shown proof of the problem? Set is unwatchable for sports especially.
Try to watch sports from a different source like the NFL app. Could just be your cable/dish? If on the other source you have the same issue, call Samsung and see what they say.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Edit: After I posted, they added one additional item to the changelog - "The Beta 1369 was incorporated into the 1371." I added that below. The beta 1369 firmware included the fix for the network cable unplugged popup error.

" Changelog for 1371 firmware was posted: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/aktuelle-changelogs-für-samsung-tv-updates-der-große/td-p/1199276

Update version 1371.0 - October 2020
  • Fixed a bug that caused HDR content to appear too dark in some conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where apps would stop working if the TV was unplugged during installation.
  • Fixed a bug where Apple Music would not play any sound.
  • Fixed an issue where soundbars could not be found while pairing via Bluetooth.
  • The Beta 1369 was incorporated into the 1371

·
Registered
163 Posts
I still get the "you have the latest available software" with 1361 when trying to update my Q90R here in Northern CA. Has anyone else in this region been able to stream the 1371 update?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I’ve always had issues with the tv recognizing the Comcast 4K cable box but eventually got it working. Yesterday I was doing some cable management and disconnected everything and now it won’t recognize it again. I was messing with the settings and tried making a custom label and tried doing that tv setup, but when I backed out all my apps disappeared. I love the tv but then stuff like this happens and it’s so damn frustrating. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
So I’ve always had issues with the tv recognizing the Comcast 4K cable box but eventually got it working. Yesterday I was doing some cable management and disconnected everything and now it won’t recognize it again. I was messing with the settings and tried making a custom label and tried doing that tv setup, but when I backed out all my apps disappeared. I love the tv but then stuff like this happens and it’s so damn frustrating. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong??
Yes, just buggy. Last week I had an issue where the TV threw up an error that "your ARC device must be on HDMI 3" or something like that, and ARC audio to my soundbar just stopped working. Unplugged and replugged cables, couldn't get it to work. If I plugged in a cable to HDMI3, the TV would say it was plugged into HDMI4. If I plugged it into HDMI4, the TV would see it on HDMI2. Just a mess, badly broken behavior. I reset the TV, the issue persisted. Which sucked because a reset wiped out all my app accounts and other settings that I had to redo. It was looking like a service call would be needed. But as a last resort I unplugged the One Connect Box and plugged it back in. And that fixed it. Been fine ever since. Weird.

So my only suggestion is - try unplugging the OCB.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I'm pretty sure this device doesn't do VRR pass through making this no better than connecting the XBox directly to the sound bar.
Yeah, this is true. I spoke to someone at HD Fury, and they said that we'd have to wait for an HDMI 2.1 version for VRR.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, this is true. I spoke to someone at HD Fury, and they said that we'd have to wait for an HDMI 2.1 version for VRR.
I think my statement does not apply to the new consoles. If hooking the Series X to the soundbar means I lose the ability to do 4K 120, is it correct to say this device would solve that issue?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, just buggy. Last week I had an issue where the TV threw up an error that "your ARC device must be on HDMI 3" or something like that, and ARC audio to my soundbar just stopped working. Unplugged and replugged cables, couldn't get it to work. If I plugged in a cable to HDMI3, the TV would say it was plugged into HDMI4. If I plugged it into HDMI4, the TV would see it on HDMI2. Just a mess, badly broken behavior. I reset the TV, the issue persisted. Which sucked because a reset wiped out all my app accounts and other settings that I had to redo. It was looking like a service call would be needed. But as a last resort I unplugged the One Connect Box and plugged it back in. And that fixed it. Been fine ever since. Weird.

So my only suggestion is - try unplugging the OCB.
You were right, thanks! I unplugged the one connect box and it brought all my apps back. It still won’t recognize my Comcast box, but I’ll keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
435 Posts
The HDFury Rep seems to imply they can build a device that would solve our eARC issues if their was demand.

"Also, please note that there is a possible method to extract full audio from VRR signal as we proved in labs already. Just not enough demand to justify production (or at least, not an identifiable and organized group of person looking for such solution)"

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did this TV ever get an Earc update? Apologies if this has been answered already. Ever since this websites remodel I haven't been able to find out how to search within a specific thread.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Did this TV ever get an Earc update? Apologies if this has been answered already. Ever since this websites remodel I haven't been able to find out how to search within a specific thread.
Nope. In the "Search Community" bar at the top of the page, type at least one letter of your search and you will then be presented with the option to search "in this discussion".

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nope. In the "Search Community" bar at the top of the page, type at least one letter of your search and you will then be presented with the option to search "in this discussion".
Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Supposedly this potential HDFury product would solve our problem but they need an indication of interest before they build it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum. Hope all is well?

Just spoke to Samsung rep, eARC is still coming according to him or her, how true this is? I'm not sure but its better than the posts from the Samsung community stating they confirmed it is not coming. See reply:

I only assume the Q90R is a applicable 2019 model.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
“Unforeseen technical difficulties“??? When the Q90R first launched, the “training manager” stated they weren’t going to provide it because it wasn’t necessary for the DD+ version of Dolby Atmos. Then along came their new spokesmodel who claimed a firmware update was in the works that would enable eARC (or so he told the guys from AVForum). And now the best the ”customer support“ drones can do is “unforeseen technical difficulties“?

·
Registered
18 Posts
“Unforeseen technical difficulties“??? When the Q90R first launched, the “training manager” stated they weren’t going to provide it because it wasn’t necessary for the DD+ version of Dolby Atmos. Then along came their new spokesmodel who claimed a firmware update was in the works that would enable eARC (or so he told the guys from AVForum). And now the best the ”customer support“ drones can do is “unforeseen technical difficulties“?
Thats what they said, again, how true this statement is im not too sure of

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi all, new to this forum. Hope all is well?

Just spoke to Samsung rep, eARC is still coming according to him or her, how true this is? I'm not sure but its better than the posts from the Samsung community stating they confirmed it is not coming. See reply:

I only assume the Q90R is a applicable 2019 model.
I believe their story on technical difficulties because they still have not released the One Connect Upgrade to the Q900 and without it, that TV is pointless.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm skeptical they are developing "new features" of a tv that is soon to be two model years old. I know there have been (unsubstantiated) promises of such but Samsung can't even fix the lip synch issues that the tv currently has you really think eArc is on the horizon??

9321 - 9340 of 9604 Posts