AVS Forum banner

9781 - 9800 of 9804 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any reason why 1374 hasn't made the NA website yet?
I think there are issues with it. From what I read in the UK forum the update is still not available through the tv even though it's been out for a few weeks, only via direct download and update with a USB drive

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think there are issues with it. From what I read in the UK forum the update is still not available through the tv even though it's been out for a few weeks, only via direct download and update with a USB drive
Initially only being available via USB is nothing new. The last several updates, at least in the US, came in the same fashion. Access through the set itself has followed later.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Since switching to an Nvidia 3080, connected to HDMI 1, I've been having weird problems with Q90R state. The one I've noticed the most often is I'll have the Q90R in PC mode and Game mode with Freesync Ultimate, 3080 configured for [email protected] SDR 8-bit RGB Full with G-Sync enabled, and everything is fine, Q90R reports it's in Freesync mode. Then I shut down the PC, and the next time I boot it, I discover that the Q90R info bar still reports it's in Freesync mode, but looking at the Q90R settings, it says it's in Movie mode, and Game mode is Off. The source name for HDMI 1 is still PC, so Movie mode shouldn't even be an option, nor should Game mode have gotten disabled, nor should the info bar be reporting Freesync when Game mode is Off. Never had problems like this with a 2080 Ti connected to HDMI 4. Strange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Since switching to an Nvidia 3080, connected to HDMI 1, I've been having weird problems with Q90R state. The one I've noticed the most often is I'll have the Q90R in PC mode and Game mode with Freesync Ultimate, 3080 configured for [email protected] SDR 8-bit RGB Full with G-Sync enabled, and everything is fine, Q90R reports it's in Freesync mode. Then I shut down the PC, and the next time I boot it, I discover that the Q90R info bar still reports it's in Freesync mode, but looking at the Q90R settings, it says it's in Movie mode, and Game mode is Off. The source name for HDMI 1 is still PC, so Movie mode shouldn't even be an option, nor should Game mode have gotten disabled, nor should the info bar be reporting Freesync when Game mode is Off. Never had problems like this with a 2080 Ti connected to HDMI 4. Strange.
When having issues after a firmware update, I suggest to always pull out the plug of the tv from the electric socket for 5 minutes and then connect it again. Most of the times this solves.
After that, If the issues continue that means they are issues due to the new firmware and in this case there's nothing you can do than waiting for the next update or downgrading to the previous one (but onestly I don't know how to do this).
Even a not perfect instalation or a corrupted firmware can cause issues to someone and not to others so installing it again (by usb) might theoretically (not sure , never done it) resolve.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
When having issues after a firmware update, I suggest to always pull out the plug of the tv from the electric socket for 5 minutes and then connect it again.
The problems are unrelated to updating to firmware 1374, the same thing was happening with 1372.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I been notice since I own the q90r that netflix and Amazon prime apps (building) do not update or remain in a 2018 version. I think its highly unlikely that those apps don't have a newer version.
Does anyone else has this issue?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I been notice since I own the q90r that netflix and Amazon prime apps (building) do not update or remain in a 2018 version. I think its highly unlikely that those apps don't have a newer version.
My Netflix shows version 9.0.0 updated 12/21/2018.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't have any problems with the Netflix app, so I don't need any "improvements" just to change things.
So no, I don't have "this issue" ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts

Is this TV or XBOX related? Happens when I launch some games. Either way, hope it can get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try providing your Xbox settings and which games, and maybe someone can help.
I have the console set to 4K 120hz. I mostly play Call of Duty and Rocket League but seems to happens whenever I launch an HDR game. When I get the no signal screen, I press the Xbox button then “A” on the controller to go back to the dashboard and then I get signal. If I then go back to the game, it works. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9781 - 9800 of 9804 Posts