AVS Forum banner

481 - 489 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 55 RU8000 died last week and apparently it’s the main board which Samsung no longer make, does anyone know the part number for the 55 inch main board so I can look it up? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I bought a Samsung 82RU8000 last week on sale... but I fear I may have made a big mistake.

I thought no matter what happens, it would be an upgrade to my smaller 4yr old TV, but actually since installing it I notice a difference and believe my Samsung HU8700 65" screen is/was better quality - or at least I cannot get a picture to be good enough with my eyes on the new set.
HU8700 in Samsung line up for 2014 were their second model from the top. (HU9000, HU8700, etc...)
RU8000 in Samsung line up for 2019 is their eight model from the top! (Q900, Q90, Q85,Q70,Q65,Q60,RU8000,etc...)

I have similar dilemma with my H7000 but don't let numbers confuse you. Real comparison to your HU8700 would be Q90 to see how much they improved in this class over the years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New owner here (8002, Europe).

Can someone point few things:
  • how to determine panel version?
  • any basic picture calibration settings and how to edit them?
  • any general recommendation with this model? To turn off or on on some specific option?

I've having problem that Dynamic is too bright while Standard is too dark, I need something in the middle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Read one or two pages back and you find what you want....
I use rtings settings but with wide color NOT custom

·
Registered
5 Posts
New owner here (8002, Europe).

Can someone point few things:
  • how to determine panel version?
  • any basic picture calibration settings and how to edit them?
  • any general recommendation with this model? To turn off or on on some specific option?

I've having problem that Dynamic is too bright while Standard is too dark, I need something in the middle.
In Standard Picture Mode "ECO Solution" is ON. So turn it OFF. Also Motion Lighting. You find these Settings in "General" Settings out of Picture Settings.

Now you can adjust the Backlight effectively in standard mode to your environment.
Turn off Dynamic Contrast and use Warm 1 (if Warm 2 is too warm for your Room). Sharpness to 0. Leave Colour Space at Native if you want a brighter and more powerful Picture and not the original (Auto will give you the REAL colour). Contrast 45. And set Motion Plus to User and 10 Blur and 3 Judder (Auto is too much). Gamma BT1886: 0 Then you ll get a bit brighter picture and more colour without a destroyed picture.

But the Movie Mode out of the box is the best choice. (With Motion Plus Blur 10 and Judder 0 and Digital Clean View Off). Here you could set the Backlight higher if your room is very bright. Otherwise use upper standard settings for day and movie for night. But at the end. It is your TV. Give it a try for some days. Make sure that you sit in FRONT of the panel.

///
Maybe this TV is not the right choice for your room. Then you need a brighter TV. If you sit not in front of the TV maybe LG IPS Nano. But then you will get a very bad black at night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Standard Picture Mode "ECO Solution" is ON. So turn it OFF. Also Motion Lighting. You find these Settings in "General" Settings out of Picture Settings.

Now you can adjust the Backlight effectively in standard mode to your environment.
Turn off Dynamic Contrast and use Warm 1 (if Warm 2 is too warm for your Room). Sharpness to 0. Leave Colour Space at Native if you want a brighter and more powerful Picture and not the original (Auto will give you the REAL colour). Contrast 45. And set Motion Plus to User and 10 Blur and 3 Judder (Auto is too much). Gamma BT1886: 0 Then you ll get a bit brighter picture and more colour without a destroyed picture.

But the Movie Mode out of the box is the best choice. (With Motion Plus Blur 10 and Judder 0 and Digital Clean View Off). Here you could set the Backlight higher if your room is very bright. Otherwise use upper standard settings for day and movie for night. But at the end. It is your TV. Give it a try for some days. Make sure that you sit in FRONT of the panel.

///
Maybe this TV is not the right choice for your room. Then you need a brighter TV. If you sit not in front of the TV maybe LG IPS Nano. But then you will get a very bad black at night.
Thanks!!! Will try it, now I have some reference to start.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
My 55 RU8000 died last week and apparently it’s the main board which Samsung no longer make, does anyone know the part number for the 55 inch main board so I can look it up? Thanks in advance
You need to call Samsung for that info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got the AA02 panel on my UE55RU8000USXQ how good or bad that panel is it 1:5000 contrast ratio like advertised? and also can I calibrate it using rtings guide for sdr and hdr?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I turned off the Global Dimming (Panel is dimming in dark scenes by default) in the Service Menu. Now the HDR Effect is much better in Dark Scenes in Game Mode (with full backlight). How to: Fix Auto Dimming You can also use a Remote Smartphone App for Samsung to do that.

BUT Only change PWM INI 2D to 100 (effects Game Mode) and PWM MOVIE INI to 100 (effects all other Picture Modes). Leave MID (8) and MIN (0) at Default. No need to change. Otherwise you can´t change your backlight anymore. Without dimming you will see more clouding at night but you will have more impact on HDR night scenes with more black. Maybe you use that only for Game Mode. It is your choice. Remember: Don´t change settings in service menu without knowledge - make a picture before you change. There is no need for other settings in service menu. You can kill your TV!!! After visting service menue all picture settings are reset.

I use the out of the box movie mode settings (without digital clean view and judder set to 0/ blur 10) and also for game mode i copy movie settings into game mode. Once for sdr and once for hdr. Black Equalizer is turned off and game motion plus is turned off (external device settings under game mode). Now the TV is perfectly for me and much better without dimming (imo).

After you changed your movie mode sdr and hdr settings for all sorces switch into current sorce (because there is a software bug that turn off motion plus completly on movie mode if you set judder to 0 over the time). If you set it to current sorce there is no problem.

481 - 489 of 489 Posts