Registered
327 Posts
I had a similar thing a few years back, changing hdmi cable fixed my issue
It is a new monoprice wire so guess it should be covered

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The A9G is better than the new A8H?

I maybe deciding to get a new TV to replace my old Sony KDL-42W700B. If there is a A9H coming, I do not mind waiting either.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

I maybe deciding to get a new TV to replace my old Sony KDL-42W700B. If there is a A9H coming, I do not mind waiting either.
I wouldn't really say the A9G is "better" than the A8H. The A8H now has the same processor and some motion improvements (and perhaps the near black performance). Other than 9 > 8, they are essentially the same now and maybe even the A8H outperforms it overall.

Unless Sony reveals an A9H or a true successor to the A9G later in the year, I wouldn't hesitate to get an A8H.

Reactions: Sango

·
Registered
316 Posts
It is a new monoprice wire so guess it should be covered
Eliminated similar issue by replacing all cables with Monoprice Certified Premium 28awg HDMI cables. If the Sony X700 player is connected to the Denon AVR, then the Denon AVR is connected to the TV, that would be two cables with four connections in the signal path.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427

·
Registered
327 Posts
Eliminated similar issue by replacing all cables with Monoprice Certified Premium 28awg HDMI cables. If the Sony X700 player is connected to the Denon AVR, then the Denon AVR is connected to the TV, that would be two cables with four connections in the signal path.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15427
Thanks, I have the 8' of the 34awg running both

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a 65” A9G, got a deal that was hard to pass. Just waiting for the delivery.
Congrats, you will be extremely happy. Ive had mine since mid February. Best tv I've ever owned. Pure inky blacks, the great Sony colors. Set all the hdmi inputs to "enhanced " and tweak to your delight. Its bright enough for daylight (mine is wall mounted perpendicular to a 14' long glass sliding doors) and perfect for dark or dimly lit rooms.

You'll hear mostly negative hear but thats the nature of product forums. I've been in this AVS since early y2k's.

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Congrats, you will be extremely happy. Ive had mine since mid February. Best tv I've ever owned. Pure inky blacks, the great Sony colors. Set all the hdmi inputs to "enhanced " and tweak to your delight. Its bright enough for daylight (mine is wall mounted perpendicular to a 14' long glass sliding doors) and perfect for dark or dimly lit rooms.

You'll hear mostly negative hear but thats the nature of product forums. I've been in this AVS since early y2k's.
Thank you.

Reactions: Sioomagates

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off ABL in the service menu? Playing games and having the brightness pulse is driving me NUTS!!!
What game(s) are you playing? I game a ton and never noticed any kind of pulsing. The only time I ever notice the screen go dim is when it's idle and I'm not doing anything (like if I pause for a couple minutes) but it instantly goes back to normal as soon as I start playing. Also, in NBA 2K with the scoreboard being static, it sometimes dims but it's so slow and gradual I don't even notice it unless I try to.
I play a lot of Grand Theft Auto V and it happens no matter what is going on. I don't play much else, so I guess I'll try out some other games and see if I notice it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Might be resolved by trying these steps, which did work for us after a lot of research in Sony Support-

With the TV ON,
1). Turn on each HDMI-attached device, then unplug each HDMI cable (doesn’t matter which end), while each device is still ON.
2). Perform a hard reboot (aka power reset, not factory reset) of the TV by pressing and holding the POWER button down on the Sony remote with no HDMI cables attached.
3). While each cable is still detached, turn each HDMI device OFF.
3). With the TV ON first, re-attach each HDMI cable and device, then turn each device ON.

This resets the HDMI connection between each device and the TV (EDID), and the hard reboot often clears up post-FW update issues in the TV.
Do the below steps work for when the TV’s screen goes black and Bravia is in the right hand lower corner? This happens when switching to ATV4 input. It works for a couple minutes and then goes to a black screen with Bravia in right hand corner. Almost like it does not recognize the inputs or is in sleep mode. When we turn the tv off/on and start with ATV then it works fine. Thanks! Happens when using Sony Remote or Logitech Harmony Elite remote.

·
Vendor
26,645 Posts

D-Nice had said this >>>
The difference between the A9G and A8H is BFI. BFI with SDR on the A8H is visually better with motion. All other PQ attributes are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello All,

I have happened to stumble across an insane deal on the 65A9G. I currently have a Sony 65Z9D that I love. I don't really need this set but the price is so hard to pass up. I'm wondering how big of a PQ difference is this OLED from my my sony LED? This price is INSANE! I paid full retail for mu Z9D the month that it released, this set is priced about 1/3rd of that!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hello All,

I have happened to stumble across an insane deal on the 65A9G. I currently have a Sony 65Z9D that I love. I don't really need this set but the price is so hard to pass up. I'm wondering how big of a PQ difference is this OLED from my my sony LED? This price is INSANE! I paid full retail for mu Z9D the month that it released, this set is priced about 1/3rd of that!
That is a very provocative question. I would also welcome some views on this, in my case vs. an 49XBR850B LED.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Hello All,

I'm a former Z9D owner (and a few others are as well). I've given my impressions before somewhere in this thread; I'll dig them up and revisit when I get a chance later today.

Cliff notes: I loved every minute of the Z9D but don't have any real regrets going with the A9G. More refined operationally and a slight tick closer to picture quality perfection. There's some quirks I traded as well, but at the end of the way it's a newer nicer TV overall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the input. This is one of those opportunities that I may regret if I don't pull the trigger. Besides 8K (useless below 75 inches) what can I possibly be missing out on by buying now?

6001 - 6020 of 6774 Posts