AVS Forum banner

6141 - 6160 of 8397 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
For INPUTS my HDMI 2 is used with PS3 and I see 2 ICONS for this one says AUTO. Is there a way to only see one HDMI or is this normal? Still getting use to tv as I am back again as a SONY Customer and tv is amazing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's been a year since I have the 77AG9 and I must have 2000 hours on the clock and I still haven't had the message to refresh the panel.
is it serious doctor ? should i manually force it?
I hear random clicks on my set when I'm not using it just like my previous LG OLED TV's so it's doing the normal panel refreshes, if it's doing those refreshes I don't think it will ask to manually perform it, this is my first Sony set so I could be wrong, then again you could run manual refresh yearly as Sony recommends.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00173467

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am about ready to pull the trigger on the A9G 77” since I have confirmed the delays in Sony's 2020 model releases...:D

Is this confirmed?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Posted in wrong thread.

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
I hear random clicks on my set when I'm not using it just like my previous LG OLED TV's so it's doing the normal panel refreshes, if it's doing those refreshes I don't think it will ask to manually perform it, this is my first Sony set so I could be wrong, then again you could run manual refresh yearly as Sony recommends.

I believe those clicks are the USB inputs turning on and off. It's why I can't plug my bias lighting into them.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I believe those clicks are the USB inputs turning on and off. It's why I can't plug my bias lighting into them.
The clicks are the same sound as when I power the tv on so it seems to be the power supply, this happens when the tv hasn't been turned on for a few hours and very random there is a click and then about 20 minutes later there's another, this matches the behavior of LG OLED sets, you might be right though I just figured the only difference between LG and Sony is how often they recommend the manual refresh with Sony saying once a year is better for the panel.

·
Registered
10,331 Posts
The clicks are the same sound as when I power the tv on so it seems to be the power supply, this happens when the tv hasn't been turned on for a few hours and very random there is a click and then about 20 minutes later there's another, this matches the behavior of LG OLED sets, you might be right though I just figured the only difference between LG and Sony is how often they recommend the manual refresh with Sony saying once a year is better for the panel.
I was trying to determine when the Sony was connected to the Tripp-lite master switch why my bias light wasn't turning off, so I sat by the TV for 20 minutes or so and kept hearing the clicks and, surprisingly, the bias light would turn on and off when those clicks occurred. It appears the Sony has power that is continually supplied to turn those USB inputs on and off even when the TV is off. I wish there was a way to disable that feature because I have to use my bias lighting remote to turn it on and off every time I watch TV.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was trying to determine when the Sony was connected to the Tripp-lite master switch why my bias light wasn't turning off, so I sat by the TV for 20 minutes or so and kept hearing the clicks and, surprisingly, the bias light would turn on and off when those clicks occurred. It appears the Sony has power that is continually supplied to turn those USB inputs on and off even when the TV is off. I wish there was a way to disable that feature because I have to use my bias lighting remote to turn it on and off every time I watch TV.
Yea I remember I was helping my friends out by installing bias lights on their Sony 930 and a couple 900f and they would stay on after the tv is set to standby, I remember reading somewhere online that Sony does this to protect external hard drives connected to the port but who knows why Sony does the things they do lol

·
Vendor
27,483 Posts
Well I guess anything is possible but a good friend with connections at Sony did confirm. There are others on this forum as well as VE that said the same...

I was hoping for a 77” A9H but ....:frown:
Who knows maybe we will get a late release...... Something at CEDIA time, but well see......

·
Registered
244 Posts
Oh nuts. I'm warming up to the idea of saying goodbye to my Kuro 150FD. I stood in Best Buy today staring at the 77" A9G and started to warm up to the idea of a 77" OLED. I've read here that there is some difference in PQ between the smaller 65/55" panels and the larger size. How significant is the difference in PQ these days? Calibrators please feel free to chime in. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is there any to make the sony remote control work (volume) with controlling a 2013 Vizio sound bar? Can't see find anywhere in setting of tv even under remote. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went from a 60” Kuro to the 77 A9G and I think the Sony is considerable better. Other than the obvious size increase, the picture is brighter than the Kuro, while the other picture elements are at least as good as the Kuro. Watching a 4k blu-ray is simply amazing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I went from a 60” Kuro to the 77 A9G and I think the Sony is considerable better. Other than the obvious size increase, the picture is brighter than the Kuro, while the other picture elements are at least as good as the Kuro. Watching a 4k blu-ray is simply amazing.
Honest now...what about broadcast material ?, e.g. 1080i/720p ?? My guess is that your 60” Kuro looked better with that material than “upconverted” to 4K stretched out to 77”. Please discuss.

6141 - 6160 of 8397 Posts