AVS Forum banner

7841 - 7860 of 8437 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The other guy leaving sony i was referring to is gadgetfreak who started this thread, read in the cx thread he sold his a9g.
Any idea why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
A9G Settings

Custom

Brightness Menu

Brightness: 36
Contrast: 90
Gamma: -2
Black Level: 50
Black ADJ: Off
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Off
Peak Luminance: Low

Color Menu

Color: 50
Hue: 0

Color Temp: Expert 1

ADV Color Temp
R-Gain: -3
G-Gain: Max
B-Gain: -3
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: 0

Multi Point ADJ

Point 1
Min

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4

Point 5

Point 6

Point 7

Point 8

Point 9

Point 10

Per Color Adjustment:

Red:
Hue: 2
Saturation: 1
Lightness: 0

Magenta:
Hue: -4
Lightness: -1

Blue:
Hue: 1
Lightness: 0

Cyan:
Hue: -3
Saturation: 2
Lightness: 1

Green:
Lightness: 2

Yellow:
Saturation: 3
Lightness: 2

Clarity Menu
Reality Creation: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off

Motion Menu
Motionflow: Off
CineMotion: Auto
Were these settings for the earlier manufactured date panels or the later refresh? Or am I not even thinking of the right TV?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Those are the settings that he posted for the 55/65 models, and are the same settings I’m using on my 55A9G. And those are the only settings for the 55/65 that D-Nice has shared. No 2020 update, so i’m assuming they are still valid, as they have improved my set from the out of the box settings. Which is exactly what was promised.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sony XBR-77A9G Settings (2020 Manufacture Dates)

Picture Mode: Custom

Brightness Menu

Brightness: 34
Gamma: 0
Peak Luminance: Off

Color Menu
Color: 48

Adv. Color Temperature

Basic

R-Gain: -1
B-Gain: -8

Multi Point 10p

Color Gamma Adjustment Points

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4

Point 5

Point 6

Point 7

Point 8

Point 9

Point 10

Per Color Adjustment:

Adjustment Color

Red:
Saturation: 0
Lightness: 3

Magenta:
Lightness: 5

Blue:
Lightness: 4

Cyan:
Hue: -1
Saturation: 7

Green:
Hue: 4
Saturation: 5

Yellow:
Hue: 6

Clarity Menu
Reality Creation: Manual
Resolution: 4
Smooth Gradation: Low

Motion Menu
Clearness: Low
CineMotion: Off

Sony XBR-77A9G Settings (2019 Manufacture Dates)

Picture Mode: Custom

Brightness Menu

Brightness: 40
Gamma: 0
Peak Luminance: Off

Color Menu
Color: 48

Adv. Color Temperature

Basic

R-Gain: -1
B-Gain: -3

Multi Point 10p

Color Gamma Adjustment Points

Point 1

Point 2

Point 3

Point 4

Point 5

Point 6

Point 7

Point 8

Point 9

Point 10

Per Color Adjustment:

Adjustment Color

Red:
Lightness: 3

Magenta:
Lightness: 5

Blue:

Cyan:
Hue: -1
Saturation: 7

Green:
Hue: 4
Saturation: 5

Yellow:
Hue: 6

Clarity Menu
Reality Creation: Off
Smooth Gradation: Low

Motion Menu
Clearness: Low
CineMotion: Off
I think it might have been these I was getting confused with. Maybe it was just the larger ones that got a panel refresh

·
Registered
331 Posts
How do you adjust the multi point with these recommended settings?

·
Registered
115 Posts
You won't get that good build quality as your plasma with the panasonic oleds. Plasmas had the most robust build quality, the high end kuros were the best(and a little better than panasonic plasmas).
Still got my Kuro in the study, still love it!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Still got my Kuro in the study, still love it!
My Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD is still going strong and is still my main display. I'm finally looking to update it with the next Sony Master Series when it arrives sometime in 2021...either that or wait for Sony's QD-OLED.

·
Vendor
27,499 Posts
Hey man, i heard you sold your a9g in favor of a panasonic hz2000? I read and post on the uk avforums and have seen you there. Are you enjoying the panasonic? Looks like a few people here left the sony camp, the thread starter of this a9g owners thread has apparently sold his a9g and got a LG CX.
CX is a newer unit. 2.1 HDMI is important to many people.....

·
Registered
331 Posts
You don’t see the Color Gamma Adjustment Points at the bottom of the Adv. Color Temperature Menu?
OH, I see now. Doh! Thanks D - Nice!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have a band aid type fix for the bravia logo screen popping up while using earc. When tune to an hdmi source you're gonna watch, press the display button on your remote. The resolution of your source (1080i, 1080p, 2160p etc) should pop up on the display banner. If it does not, this means that you will see the bravia logo screen any minute now. If you don't see the resolution displayed when pressing the display button, toggle to another source and then back to your current source you want to watch. You might have to do this a couple times. Another workaround is turning the tv off and back on again. Once you see the resolution displayed when pressing the display button, you're good to go until you change sources again. On my set, the bravia logo pops up when watching either fios, or firestick. All my other sources are fine, so this bug must be source dependant.

P.S. I had the same exact issue when I had the a9g, so I am sure this applies to that one as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Sony a9g and I noticed that there is something wrong with the internal YouTube app.
there are jitters as the hockey player move around the screen. I called Sony and they confirmed that this is the same case for all the a9g with the same problem. The same jittering with all 4k content in YouTube. Also the sound drops randomly when playing 4k content and Sony conformed that too.... (Only for the the a9g model) it had already been 3 months now and they cannot come up with a solution. They offered me they can replace my a9g with the brand new a8h. I went to to a locate store and had them eye ball side by side With the identical settings .... the a8h does have the better motion better brightness , but the a8h had a more washed out color than the a9g which I loved about the a9g with the deeper color ... maybe the higher brightness of the a8h made the color more washed out imo. Given that the a9g is still the master serious in the oled line as of now... shall I stay with the a9g until the fix of the you tube problem or I should go ahead to replace it with the A8h instead? Pls give me some valuable advice pls and many thx

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 65" ... played the vid using chromecast and Custom mode ..right off here ... displayed without any jitter or spots. Totally smooth. I have had the tv for over 4 mos. and yet to see any evidence of what the post describes and surprised about such a blanket statement by a Sony rep. I don't believe I have seen any complaints on this forum about this either.
I like the picture/colours as well. This maybe ar set specific issue. If so, you may want to consider just getting the same model in a replacement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a Sony a9g and I noticed that there is something wrong with the internal YouTube app.
there are jitters as the hockey player move around the screen. I called Sony and they confirmed that this is the same case for all the a9g with the same problem. The same jittering with all 4k content in YouTube. Also the sound drops randomly when playing 4k content and Sony conformed that too.... (Only for the the a9g model) it had already been 3 months now and they cannot come up with a solution. They offered me they can replace my a9g with the brand new a8h. I went to to a locate store and had them eye ball side by side With the identical settings .... the a8h does have the better motion better brightness , but the a8h had a more washed out color than the a9g which I loved about the a9g with the deeper color ... maybe the higher brightness of the a8h made the color more washed out imo. Given that the a9g is still the master serious in the oled line as of now... shall I stay with the a9g until the fix of the you tube problem or I should go ahead to replace it with the A8h instead? Pls give me some valuable advice pls and many thx
At what point on the video do you get jitter? Could you post a video of this jitter? I have my Motionflow off and CineMotion set to Auto and I only get some blur when the hockey player is sped up other than that it's smooth.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
So you see a motion issue on a test clip on the youtube app and you start thinking about replacing the tv? This is called overreaction, if a particular app is causing you problems, always worth it to try a re-installation. Settings-apps-app name-uninstall. Then open the play store, search the app and install it again.

Reactions: pbz06

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Which test pattern generator is everyone here who is running DIY calibration with autocal using?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Which test pattern generator is everyone here who is running DIY calibration with autocal using?

I got myself a Raspberry Pi 3b+ and the Pgenerator :) Just recalibrated last weekend. Before this, I used Mobileforge from a firestick 4K.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

MobileForge app on the Firestick. No need for anything else if you are just doing Autocal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Can you use a Xbox (or any other player) to get YouTube? With my Xbox One X, there's a mic input on the controller and all I have to do when I'm doing a search within YouTube is talk into the mic and YouTube automatically auto-fills my search.

The audio that drops during 4K content, is that only while playing YouTube videos? If so, connecting another device to play YouTube on your display might be the best choice at this time.

7841 - 7860 of 8437 Posts