AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the vesa mount holes on the XBR85X850G/C are centered on the back of the TV? Reason I ask is I just mounted a LG 86" 86UN8570AUD.AUS (that will go back once the Sony arrives) and the holes are 6" off center to the bottom making it almost touch the ceiling with my mount.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
well, i'm getting the 85 inch version of this tv tomorrow ya'll.. This is either going to be the most underrated big tv of all time for just $1400 USD, or there is going to be weak blacks and other issues!

·
Registered
36 Posts
well, i'm getting the 85 inch version of this tv tomorrow ya'll.. This is either going to be the most underrated big tv of all time for just $1400 USD, or there is going to be weak blacks and other issues!
Mine just arrived 30 minutes ago after ordering it on 08/25/2020. Will see how it compares to the LG.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why compare it to an LG LCD that has an ips panel?? What tv are you comparing it to?
Sorry. Due to the long delay I didnt think this would ever ship so I ordered a 86UN8570AUD.AUS. Of course I got shipping notifications for both once I ordered it. So its currently hanging on the wall but will most likely be going back to Costco and keeping the Sony. Not looking forward to getting it down and putting this up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How much did you pay for the LG?
LG 86" Class - UN8570 Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV - $100 SquareTrade Protection Plan Bundle Included
Item 9868570Model 86UN8570AUD.AUS
Your Price 1,649.99$

Everything I have read is the Sony is superior. I sure hope so after the time and headache hah.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The delivery guys literally popped open the top of the tv looked in and said no damage...It's impossible for them to know if there is any damage done to the the tv by looking at the top and not unboxing it.. What a joke!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The delivery guys literally popped open the top of the tv looked in and said no damage...It's impossible for them to know if there is any damage done to the the tv by looking at the top and not unboxing it.. What a joke!
They refused to come inside or wait outside for 2 minutes so I could open it and plug it in. Luckily no damage. Yet anyway about to put it on the wall.

I completely understand the coming inside thing with covid. Waiting a few moments to take the top of the box off and plug it in quick not so much. I understand not waiting for it to be mounted or put the stand on. Literally pull the cardboard and plastic bag off and plug it in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I completely understand the coming inside thing with covid. Waiting a few moments to take the top of the box off and plug it in quick not so much. I understand not waiting for it to be mounted or put the stand on. Literally pull the cardboard and plastic bag off and plug it in.
Trump has a rally in Pittsburgh right now with 8 thousand people right next to each other for hours...makes sense...Who is helping you put it on your wall?

·
Registered
36 Posts
XBR85X850G/C

Alright TV is up on the wall. Still have some work to do but Picture quality is superior to the LG as everyone indicated it would be. I do notice some clouding but nothing like what is seen in the photo. Outside of credits I generally cant see it. Interface is super smooth. No issues with any apps or streaming 4k x265 10bit Dolby Vision with Atmos content through Emby. Hope to try out sideloading Stadia late tonight or tomorrow when I am given access to the TV again (Family has taken over watching movies). I am sure there are much better TVs out there but I am extremely happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That setup and lighting looks straight PIMPIN!! what light strips are you using? How is the blooming when you use subtitles??
Thanks! I just ordered the cheapest highest rated 16' works with Google ones. After putting the 4 L connectors (sold seperately) the end of the strand is noticeably dimmer. So I would either try a different strand or method. Unfortunately I had already packed the other TV back up and didnt want to leave this sitting on the couch waiting for more.

All subtitles I have found are imposed over the picture. I will try to find one with them in the black area. If you have a suggestion let me know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am sure most on here dont use it but Stadia does work to a degree sideloaded. The experience unfortunately isn't useable for any fast motion games.

421 - 440 of 468 Posts