AVS Forum banner

461 - 472 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I understand, the two people that lifted my TV onto a stand [email protected]@ked as if they were mere seconds away from bustin a coconut. Even though the TV is only 100 pounds it is difficult to handle. I can see why they recommend three people to move it.

Just to clarify. Although I currently don't use any bias lighting. I have read of people in the discussion link I posted having good results using it. I am considering it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know all TVs are different but does anyone have calibration settings for the XBR85X850G or recommendations on how to either DIY it or find a reliable company.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I know all TVs are different but does anyone have calibration settings for the XBR85X850G or recommendations on how to either DIY it or find a reliable company.

I purchased this disc shortly after the 85X850G. But after beginning to read the discussion. I decided to not attempt any calibration til I fully understand the effect it may have on picture quality and HDR.

For ME, I am more than completely satisfied with the picture quality performance. It is at most times stunning and jaw dropping. The VERY few times it makes me wonder why. I have written off as the inherent qualities of that particular scene or the particular movie.

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts

I purchased this disc shortly after the 85X850G. But after beginning to read the discussion. I decided to not attempt any calibration til I fully understand the effect it may have on picture quality and HDR.

For ME, I am more than completely satisfied with the picture quality performance. It is at most times stunning and jaw dropping. The VERY few times it makes me wonder why. I have written off as the inherent qualities of that particular scene or the particular movie.

Good luck
I am in no way implying this TV needs any adjustment as I am thrilled with the experience. I just normally come here for all displays I purchase or for friends / family to fine tune them. I have some great results in the past but I dont think I have owned a Sony TV since the CRT days. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I am in no way implying this TV needs any adjustment as I am thrilled with the experience. I just normally come here for all displays I purchase or for friends / family to fine tune them. I have some great results in the past but I dont think I have owned a Sony TV since the CRT days. Thanks!
I understand I didn't interpret your post that way. I usually perform a basic calibration on every TV I have owned before this one. Post calibration can clearly experience the benefits of that calibration. For Me when I began reading the above linked discussion. I realised for ME there would be a HuGE learning curve. Just don't have the time to dedicate to fully understand at this time. It seemed to me that it was possible to degrad the mapping performance of the TV.

Like you the picture performance of this TV is amazing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does Sony X850G support Dolby Vision(DV) from external devices like AppleTV, Nvedia or new roku ultra 2020 ? Or it support DV only with the application in its built-in android ?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Does Sony X850G support Dolby Vision(DV) from external devices like AppleTV, Nvedia or new roku ultra 2020 ? Or it support DV only with the application in its built-in android ?
The 85X850G supports Dolby Vision.

I can verify that for the 800M2 disc player the 85X850G supports Dolby Vison. I am unable to verify any external streaming devices. As I only use physical media discs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 85X850G supports Dolby Vision.

I can verify that for the 800M2 disc player the 85X850G supports Dolby Vison. I am unable to verify any external streaming devices. As I only use physical media discs.
Thank you. But 800M2 is Sony product and compatibility may not be an issue.

Anybody-else use streaming device or other branded external device and Dolby vision works ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the 85 inch version of this tv again because of an open box price I can get it at... How are the people who own this tv enjoying it? How often do you experience clouding?

·
Registered
205 Posts
So do the x850g 85 inch people feel that there purchase means more now with the x900h 2.1 hdmi issues? I think the value on this tv has gone up quite a bit because of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you. But 800M2 is Sony product and compatibility may not be an issue.

Anybody-else use streaming device or other branded external device and Dolby vision works ?
I connected the latest Roku ultra 2020 to TV and dolby vision works fine. TV identified signal as Dolby vision and there is two video modes - dolby vision dark & dolby vision bright

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the 85 inch version of this tv again because of an open box price I can get it at... How are the people who own this tv enjoying it? How often do you experience clouding?
I see it every now and then but its rare and I am looking for it. I have asked many people if they see anything off as I dont want to tell them what to look for. No one has ever noticed anything. For what its worth.

461 - 472 of 472 Posts