AVS Forum banner

7181 - 7200 of 7912 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone ever had some multi colored banding that occurs only when you first turn on the X950G? I bought the TV back on black friday, so coming up on the year warranty.

·
Vendor
27,986 Posts
Has anyone ever had some multi colored banding that occurs only when you first turn on the X950G? I bought the TV back on black friday, so coming up on the year warranty.
Does it happen every time you first turn it on? Did you use a credit card to buy the TV that gives you an extra 1 year warranty for free?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes only when I first turn it on and for a brief second, and then it is gone. Yes, I do believe I have an extra year on the warranty.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sound issues appear to persist with the new "H" firmware v6.4774. It's the same as before - having watch the cable box and switching to an internal app I lose sound through the eARC. A restart (long press the power button on the remote) solves the issue and this is the first time I experience it since the update (about a month ago), so it's not that big of a deal, however, I wish they would finally fix it, given the reports that the latest "G" firmware doesn't suffer from this problem. Can anyone on the latest "G" firmware (v6.3632) confirm that the eARC sound problems are actually gone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound issues appear to persist with the new "H" firmware v6.4774. It's the same as before - having watch the cable box and switching to an internal app I lose sound through the eARC. A restart (long press the power button on the remote) solves the issue and this is the first time I experience it since the update (about a month ago), so it's not that big of a deal, however, I wish they would finally fix it, given the reports that the latest "G" firmware doesn't suffer from this problem. Can anyone on the latest "G" firmware (v6.3632) confirm that the eARC sound problems are actually gone?
v6.3632 did not solve the sound issues for me. On v6.4774 its more stable and i lose less sound.
Quick fix: In quick settings switch from soundbar to tv and then back to soundbar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Need some help guys, My first problem with my 950G that I've owned since May. Also loaded with the May "H" firmware. Turn on tv today and a box saying HDMI ONE and another saying No Signal Check Inputs even though the screen is displaying the picture from the cable box but no sound. The only function that works on the remote is on and off. Can't change inputs or go to home screen. Tried new batteries. I am hooked up with HDMI from cable box to tv and optical out to receiver. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Need some help guys, My first problem with my 950G that I've owned since May. Also loaded with the May "H" firmware. Turn on tv today and a box saying HDMI ONE and another saying No Signal Check Inputs even though the screen is displaying the picture from the cable box but no sound. The only function that works on the remote is on and off. Can't change inputs or go to home screen. Tried new batteries. I am hooked up with HDMI from cable box to tv and optical out to receiver. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
factory reset ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw something like that a while ago and just a full restart(not from menu, but a power off/on cycle) fixed it.
What I ended up doing after pulling out the rest of my hair was this. Un-plugged the tv for awhile and that cleared up the onscreen notices and my remote was now working again. Still no sound. Went through all the tv sound settings and nothing. Went to my receiver settings and played around and now all is working. My question now is how could both the tv and receiver go out but now are fine with the same settings as before the trouble?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have this issue on my 950G and 950H: when I use the Spotify internal/Sony app, and go to "Search" and click in the search box, unlike with other apps, no keyboard appears at the bottom of the screen. Which makes it impossible to actually do a search. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I did the firmware upgrade to "H" and all went well, but as others have reported, Disney+ is no longer compatable. I did report it to Disney and was told someone will get back to me. That was a week ago. I have seen some users mention sideloading the app. I have downloaded the Disney+ APK version 1.91 from the APK Mirror site onto my Mac.Can someone post the steps or a decent link on how to do this ? Please keep in mind that I'm a IOS user and do not have any experience with Android. Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
After 950h upgrade...someone said if you do a hard reset (with the physical buttons) it brings back disney +
I did. Yes, do the factory reset with the buttons in the back of the TV. And when going through the out of the box set up, Disney+ is one of the options of apps to install

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
623 Posts
Although the Sony 950G/950H seems to display pretty deep blacks overall, I notice the Netflix load screen seems to show a lot of clouding (although I never notice it during dark scene regular content or on black bars or anything).
Does the built in Netflix app disable local dimming or something like that on the load screen ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although the Sony 950G/950H seems to display pretty deep blacks overall, I notice the Netflix load screen seems to show a lot of clouding (although I never notice it during dark scene regular content or on black bars or anything).
Does the built in Netflix app disable local dimming or something like that on the load screen ?
Automatic local dimming only works with real content, local dimming is not applied on the loading screens of the different applications. It is normal to see some clouding.
Greetings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE =
Need your help. I have a X950G and experience intermittent buffering every 10 mins where the video freezes but audio continues. Sometimes it is every 4 to 5 mins. My TV is wired to the router and on checking the connection speed the TV indicates that the internet connection is good. I have searched for solution for months and discovered none. I googled and found that Reddit discussed this issue and in another site even LG TV experienced such problem. Anyone can help?
In my opinion, it usually happens to me too, to a greater or lesser extent depending on the video platform that I am using, in some it hardly does and in others it is as you said, every few minutes,
I have come to the conclusion that understanding which is a stream, it is normal that sometimes it happens, it also influences how and to what extent you have the motionflow activated, the Fps of the content you are watching, etc. I'm sorry I am not of more help, but know that it happens to me too.
Greetings and sorry for my english.

·
Registered
115 Posts

My friend works for TV manufacturer he told me 6 months ago

HDMI 2.1 doesn’t matter and it’s a publicity stunt.

So I got the SONY X950G

Unless you own a 80 in or more tv in 8K

Don’t buy the hype it’s a waste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
277 Posts

My friend works for TV manufacturer he told me 6 months ago

HDMI 2.1 doesn’t matter and it’s a publicity stunt.
Thanks for the link! While I would not be so categorical as to say HDMI2.1 is a publicity stunt, I also don't worry about my XG95 not having HDMI2.1 (except for the eARC which is sometimes listed as part of the 2.1 specification).

Nevertheless, this is where technical progress is taking us - more bandwidth. For now, most of that bandwidth is useless (no 8K content, compressed audio, etc.), but consider this - many people here complain about the streaming apps buffering while watching something (your video stops with a rotating circle for a sort while). I had this a lot on my previous TV. Since then I upgraded two things - my TV, adding more processing power, and my internet connection, adding bandwidth. On paper, my bandwidth is useless - it's more that the outdated network card in the TV can deal with. On the other hand, now I'm utilizing this network card fully and have way less buffering (although sometimes is happens as well, just luckily not in the middle of a show but rather before it begins).

Same thing with the cables: buying the 2.1 certified cables resolved some other issues I was having even though on paper it should not matter.

So I would say, don't buy into the hype, but go for as much bandwidth as you can get without spending extra money ;)

7181 - 7200 of 7912 Posts