AVS Forum banner

7221 - 7240 of 7915 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone know combination of keys to switch between tv control and device currently selected as input over connected hdmi cec device (all over denon AV receiver)? I have media player that works fine without any special key combination on a remote controller but I also have cable tv stb which is cec enabled and does not react. For a long time I thought it's usual cable provider cheap **** device where cec wasnt properly implemented until one day my son was playing with remote controller and somehow he started controlling cable tv stb.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anybody have a good link for instructions or a tutorial to show how to side load?
These instructions are pretty thorough and recent.

The article recommends Solid Explorer File Manager but X-plore File Manager is also an excellent choice or if you already have a file manager app installed you can use that. Read through the article for your options but the easiest method for most is to follow the section labeled “Sideload Apps on Android TV using USB Flash Drive”.

·
Vendor
27,989 Posts
I'm trying to avoid doing a hard reset and side load the Disney+ App. Anybody have easy to follow steps to make this happen,
Could buy a firestick and use Amazon system, thats what I do....... Not to mention any devise with an HDMI port can use the stick, if you are on vacation or what have you you can bring it with you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know combination of keys to switch between tv control and device currently selected as input over connected hdmi cec device (all over denon AV receiver)? I have media player that works fine without any special key combination on a remote controller but I also have cable tv stb which is cec enabled and does not react. For a long time I thought it's usual cable provider cheap **** device where cec wasnt properly implemented until one day my son was playing with remote controller and somehow he started controlling cable tv stb.

Are you asking how to turn on CEC on your denon receiver or on your TV?

·
Registered
37 Posts
No, how to tell remore control to switch control mode so i can control cable stb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
These instructions are pretty thorough and recent.

The article recommends Solid Explorer File Manager but X-plore File Manager is also an excellent choice or if you already have a file manager app installed you can use that. Read through the article for your options but the easiest method for most is to follow the section labeled “Sideload Apps on Android TV using USB Flash Drive”.
Just did this. Very easy. Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Why? I want to use Sony TV remote as it should be able to control everything.

I believe that depends on your cable box. In my case, the cable box has an option to program its remote to control the TV. I have not seen any similar instructions for the TV remote, although I don't see the need to use one remote for everything myself, so perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough. In any case, given the multitude of set-top boxes, I doubt there are any specific instructions to be found on Sony support. I think the support forum dedicated to your cable company is your best bet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This
If you cant use CEC, go through the STB setup to control with IR. You can also set the TV button for the HDMI that the STB is connected to
I can't, everything is connected trough denon receiver. I am able to control several devices connected to it but just not cable stb even though cec is enabled on it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I guess you are looking for something like this: Help Guide | Using the TV with Other Devices
I can't, everything is connected trough denon receiver. I am able to control several devices connected to it but just not cable stb even though cec is enabled on it.

The CEC implementation may be crummy on that STB. Does it show up in the list of CEC devices on the TV? Did you hit the enable button?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yes its shown. Enable is grayed out on tv.

When you hit the input button on the TV, does it show and can you switch to it? Again, it may just be a poor CEC implementation on that device. If so, use the STB control that was posyed earlier

7221 - 7240 of 7915 Posts