AVS Forum banner

8341 - 8360 of 8377 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think your problem is likely that internal apps are locked at 60Hz while the series your watching was filmed at 25Hz. Setting CineMotion to Auto may or may not help since we're likely talking about PAL frame rates and there is no pull down conversion for 25fps into 60fps.
Thanks 88keyz, so basically this is a series filming issue and not much can be done as CineMotion at Auto only helps a bit. I'll get over it as most other shows work rather well. Thanks again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does anyone know if this usb flash drive "Kingston 256GB DT Kyson" is compatible with this tv?
No reason it shouldn't work. If you want to use this as expandable storage then I'd say go with a USB SSD instead - something like this. Cheaper than the Kyson drive and should be faster and have better durability.

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
78 Posts
No reason it shouldn't work. If you want to use this as expandable storage then I'd say go with a USB SSD instead - something like this. Cheaper than the Kyson drive and should be faster and have better durability.
I'm asking because none of my usb 2.0 flash drives are compatible not even an 2.5 inch external hdd i think was usb 3.0 (power requirements are as they should i think) (doesn't matter which usb port i use on the tv) which actually made my tv restart.
It's for general use some times for the tv as well, i don't think that USB SSD is avaliable here looks nice though.
Only flash drive that works is a cheap verbatim 3.0 flash drive that gets my pc and avr stuck when reading or opening small files and i don't feel like risking updating my tv again with that.
Maybe usb 3.0 is the only requirement for this tv as long it's a flash drive. Anyway was wondering if someone used the "Kyson" just to be sure.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm asking because none of my usb 2.0 flash drives are compatible not even an 2.5 inch external hdd i think was usb 3.0 (power requirements are as they should i think) (doesn't matter which usb port i use on the tv) which actually made my tv restart.
It's for general use some times for the tv as well, i don't think that USB SSD is avaliable here looks nice though.
Only flash drive that works is a cheap verbatim 3.0 flash drive that gets my pc and avr stuck when reading or opening small files and i don't feel like risking updating my tv again with that.
Maybe usb 3.0 is the only requirement for this tv as long it's a flash drive. Anyway was wondering if someone used the "Kyson" just to be sure.
Can't speak for the Kingston Kyson drive but for general use you should be able to use any USB drive provided it is formatted in a compatible file system. In this support article Sony says that FAT, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS are compatible though they do cover their butts with this disclaimer.

We can't guarantee operation with all HDDs.
In this Google support article they say that only FAT file systems are supported.

Android TV only supports drives with FAT formats. After you connect your drive, Android TV will check the format.
I've had the most success using the FAT32 file format. Some USB drives may come preformatted in a different file system format so reformatting prior to use with the TV may be necessary in some cases.

·
Registered
355 Posts
In this Google support article they say that only FAT file systems are supported.

I've had the most success using the FAT32 file format. Some USB drives may come preformatted in a different file system format so reformatting prior to use with the TV may be necessary in some cases.
I've been using NTFS formatted thumb drives for updates and all was fine, never a problem. The drives are just generic USB sticks (I tried a "brand" one that I'm using otherwise, that one is SanDisk Extreme something, but it's designed with a slider (the connector slides in and out of the enclosure) and so it was hard to connect to the TV input jack (my TV is wall mounted, without any kind of swivel). So now I use a generic drive where the connector is solid (it rotates into some sort of a "shield"). The formatting itself is whatever standard Windows formatting. Same worked on other Sony gear in the past.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Most of the flash drives in our house hold are older usb 2.0 and none of them work with this tv regardless of formatting.The interesting thing is my silicon power usb 2.0 used to work with an older sony tv untill the tv was updated and then it stopped recignizing it .....so yeah it smells like some sony ********.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone tried watching the new justice league movie on HBO?

They movie is shown in 4:3 ratio and

I was wondering if I could make it 16:9 or widen the image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
355 Posts
Most of the flash drives in our house hold are older usb 2.0 and none of them work with this tv regardless of formatting.The interesting thing is my silicon power usb 2.0 used to work with an older sony tv untill the tv was updated and then it stopped recignizing it .....so yeah it smells like some sony ****.
The USB ports on the TV are USB 2.0 though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Need remote app.... suggestions?

Looking for a remote app .....
I use both android phone and ipad at times..

X950g65 tv
800m2 bdplayer
Denon x3600 avr
Win10 htpc

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Need remote app.... suggestions?

Looking for a remote app .....
I use both android phone and ipad at times..

X950g65 tv
800m2 bdplayer
Denon x3600 avr
Win10 htpc

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
There are many, many alternative solutions depending on user preferences/needs and budget. It would be easier to respond if you could provide more information about what it is that you want to accomplish and/or what is not working for you presently with whatever remote control means you are now using.

In the absence of more detail regarding your situation, one very adaptable and convenient option I can recommend is the hub-based Logitech Harmony Companion remote control and its associated mobile app. It will set you back around $125 to $150 new or around $75 to $100 used/refurbished; there are cheaper (as well as more expensive) solutions, but this one will probably serve all your needs and more with great flexibility. You will get a highly progammable all-in-one remote control as well as an all-purpose configurable mobile app and a desktop app that is the best means of tweaking the settings. If you have never used Harmony there is a bit of a learning curve, but the convenience factor makes it worth the effort once you get everything fine-tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
There are many, many alternative solutions depending on user preferences/needs and budget. It would be easier to respond if you could provide more information about what it is that you want to accomplish and/or what is not working for you presently with whatever remote control means you are now using.

In the absence of more detail regarding your situation, one very adaptable and convenient option I can recommend is the hub-based Logitech Harmony Companion remote control and its associated mobile app. It will set you back around $125 to $150 new or around $75 to $100 used/refurbished; there are cheaper (as well as more expensive) solutions, but this one will probably serve all your needs and more with great flexibility. You will get a highly progammable all-in-one remote control as well as an all-purpose configurable mobile app and a desktop app that is the best means of tweaking the settings. If you have never used Harmony there is a bit of a learning curve, but the convenience factor makes it worth the effort once you get everything fine-tuned.
I will second the recommendation for the Logitech Harmony Companion, I use one with my configuration listed below. One comment is it regularly goes down to $100 new on Amazon and at Best Buy.
CamelCamelCamel Amazon price history.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I will second the recommendation for the Logitech Harmony Companion, I use one with my configuration listed below. One comment is it regularly goes down to $100 new on Amazon and at Best Buy.
CamelCamelCamel Amazon price history.
I did not know that. I got mine in Nov 2019 for $67.95 (refurbished) from a trusted eBay seller and consider it a good value. I had previously purchased a refurbished Harmony Elite for my main system from another volume eBay seller for $159, and that model is IMHO unparalleled in features and adaptability.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Isn't Logitec out of the remote business?
That may affect updates down the road, if they are.
Rumor only, there has been NO confirmation from Logitech on this. Plus Logitech has supported discontinued product lines for long periods of time in the past, See the Squeezebox line of Internet connected players.

Reactions: Scarriere

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello people, need your advice once again, thank you.

I am planning to buy an AV receiver because i definitely need one in order to use all the cool features, eARC, 7.1 and all that, something like STR-DN1080. Right now, i am using my old Yamaha AX-500 amp not even a receiver, my old Acoustics 2020i are hooked to it. Now the issue is... the amp is hooked to TV via Toslink adapter/optical cable. I don't know if i should be using TV speaker or Home Audio output option, but when the Home Audio option is selected, all i can hear is a distorted crackling sound, when i switch to TV Speaker option, then the audio works and i can hear the actual speakers. (not TV speaker) only one of them works tho, sometimes TV speaker together with one speaker, sometimes only one speaker works with no TV.... that is super weird and i am losing my mind over it. is it supposed to work like this ? I am pretty sure i should be using a Home Cinema option... but it just doesn't work, only crackling distorted sounds. Maybe the amp is just too old and TV doesn't support it something, then why is there a optical audio out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello people, need your advice once again, thank you.

I am planning to buy an AV receiver because i definitely need one in order to use all the cool features, eARC, 7.1 and all that, something like STR-DN1080. Right now, i am using my old Yamaha AX-500 amp not even a receiver, my old Acoustics 2020i are hooked to it. Now the issue is... the amp is hooked to TV via Toslink adapter/optical cable. I don't know if i should be using TV speaker or Home Audio output option, but when the Home Audio option is selected, all i can hear is a distorted crackling sound, when i switch to TV Speaker option, then the audio works and i can hear the actual speakers. (not TV speaker) only one of them works tho, sometimes TV speaker together with one speaker, sometimes only one speaker works with no TV.... that is super weird and i am losing my mind over it. is it supposed to work like this ? I am pretty sure i should be using a Home Cinema option... but it just doesn't work, only crackling distorted sounds. Maybe the amp is just too old and TV doesn't support it something, then why is there a optical audio out.
Most likely because optical doesn't support DD+. Try the following setting on the TV.

Settings > Display & Sound > Audio output > Dolby Digital Plus output (Dolby Digital)

As for a new AVR, the DN1080 is a value leader for sure. I've had great success with my Denon X3600H but any of their 7.2ch models released in the last couple of years will be a nice upgrade from an older AVR. The S960H, X2700H and X3700H all have the added benefit of having HDMI 2.1 capabilities on select ports.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see, thank you, definitely gonna buy one of these, or even DN1080 if a get a good deal.
So i tried the settings, Dolby Digital, also PCM. No changes. Like i said, when i switch to Home Audio, constant crackling distorted sound appears (this is bad i guess?)... when i switch to TV Speaker, the left speaker (hooked to amp) works and the right one doesn't. Amp and speakers are completely fine and tested..... what i think is that because i am on TV Speaker option, the TV speaker works together with one of the speakers hooked to amp... i shouldn't be using this option in the first place right ? but the Home Audio one instead.

Total noob in this, never had receiver, never had newer TV.
I am gonna buy a receiver so i can live without it, still... i want to know why it doesn't work.
(amplifier hooked via optic should work)

Thank you

8341 - 8360 of 8377 Posts